PDA

View Full Version : FGU Module Export Issue

RasJay
December 27th, 2022, 08:07
5e Ruleset Ultimate v4.3.2 (2022-12-11) on Windows 10

When I export a module the chat box returns "Module Exported Successfully". The timestamp on the .mod file does not change. I load the module in another campaign and do not see the recent changes. I deleted the .mod file from the modules folder, exported again (it creates a new .mod file with the same previous timestamp of several days ago), loaded it again in the other campaign, and do not see my recent changes.

I can export the same module with a new name, see a new .mod file with the correct current timestamp, load it into another campaign and I do see the recent changes. What gives?

Zacchaeus
December 27th, 2022, 09:19
If you had the module you exported open in another campaign and then changed that module you'll need to revert changes on the module (or sometimes all you need to do is close the module and then open it again). To revert changes go to the activation screen and right click over the module and select revert changes.

RasJay
December 27th, 2022, 18:08
you'll need to revert changes on the module.

That solved the issue. Thank you. Does any kind of change to the module in another campaign cause this? ie...adding a pin to a map, adding a stamp on a map, editing walls on a map, etc? I recall adding a door and maybe a wall on the image map on the fly while using the module in my players campaign.

LordEntrails
December 27th, 2022, 18:20
That solved the issue. Thank you. Does any kind of change to the module in another campaign cause this? ie...adding a pin to a map, adding a stamp on a map, editing walls on a map, etc? I recall adding a door and maybe a wall on the image map on the fly while using the module in my players campaign.
Adding an item (story, etc) link from a module to a map (i.e. pin) does not change the module that the item comes from, but it does change module the image comes from. As well, changing the LOS, adding a layer (stamp) etc on a map changes the map and the module it comes from.

Zacchaeus
December 27th, 2022, 18:20
Yes. If you make changes to the module in a play campaign then those changes will take precedence over the actual data in the module. You can revert individual things as well (rather than the whole module). Anything that you have edited will have a book and pen icon in the appropriate list (NPCs, images, stories etc) rather than just a book icon. When you see that right click on the item in the list and you can revert the changes on just that item.

Usually just closing and re-opening the module should refresh the data. But sometimes you need to revert the changes.