PDA

View Full Version : Steam vs direct purchase - 2022

Phantom77
December 25th, 2022, 21:21
Hi all,

I know these questions have more or less been asked and answered but since things change, I’m asking again just to confirm and to understand the process.

Should I purchase the ‘steam’ version of FGU Ultimate, would I receive a key that could be used to register the standalone installation?
And if you receive a key...

how do you receive the key?
how long does it take to receive the key?
would all DLCs purchased via steam be linked to the key?

And a bit unrelated - Can you have both FGU Ultimate and a Demo instance running on the same device to test/learn the software?

Thank you!

superteddy57
December 25th, 2022, 21:49
1) I would suggest buying the steam version if regional pricing is advantageous to you.
2) The key would be accessible through your order history under your account on the main page.
3) This should be a very quick process. However, if issues do arise you would need to reach out to support assistance. As it is a holiday, that may take some time for a response.
4) Steam purchases would be linked to your steam account. You would have to link your steam account to your FG program to gain access to those purchases.

5) Yes, you can have a host session and a client session running at the same time. You would use localhost in the IP area to join the host's campaign.

You might want to check out the wiki for a further dive into the program.
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996639165/Fantasy+Grounds+Unity+User+Manual

Nylanfs
December 25th, 2022, 21:57
Note, if you are trying to complete a bundle the DLC's are NOT tracked between stores. Just the main licenses are.

Phantom77
December 26th, 2022, 01:08
Awesome, thank you all :)