PDA

View Full Version : D&D manual PDFs

Brytenwalda
December 25th, 2022, 04:05
So, I’ve bought some “books” for D&D from FG and I can see them in the program, but is there anything like a PDF format of those books included anywhere? Some options for, say, lodgings are apparently only discussed in the physical book and I don’t have it.

damned
December 25th, 2022, 04:35
Welcome Brytenwalda

There is nothing provided outside of the Fantasy Grounds game engine. All the content is available within the game. Go into the library and look for the Reference Manual - it will most likely have the info you are after. If it isnt there do post and it will be fixed.

Nyarly Dude
December 25th, 2022, 05:21
DD PHB Deluxe, "Reference" manual, Chapter 5.

From what I gather, WOTC would likely be very hostile towards allowing anything like a PDF export. They consistently refuse to sell PDFs of the core books, likely due to concerns that they'd lose revenue due to rampant copyright infringement, and presumably would be disinclined to allow any partner to do anything like that as well.

esmdev
December 25th, 2022, 07:18
DD PHB Deluxe, "Reference" manual, Chapter 5.

From what I gather, WOTC would likely be very hostile towards allowing anything like a PDF export. They consistently refuse to sell PDFs of the core books, likely due to concerns that they'd lose revenue due to rampant copyright infringement, and presumably would be disinclined to allow any partner to do anything like that as well.

Now that they get that DnDbeyond money for their digital books I doubt PDFs are on the horizon. Imho the end beyond digital book format is generally easier to read and navigate than most PDFs, especially on my tablets. It just requires me to always have internet to access which is not always the case.

Zacchaeus
December 25th, 2022, 10:00
So, I’ve bought some “books” for D&D from FG and I can see them in the program, but is there anything like a PDF format of those books included anywhere? Some options for, say, lodgings are apparently only discussed in the physical book and I don’t have it.

Welcome to the forums.

Lodgings are in the Player's Handbook in Chapter 5 Expenses and Food, Drink and Lodging.

The full text of all of the books is included in the Fantasy Grounds module, but as damned said above if you think you've found any errors then do post then here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72042-5e-Bug-Reports-(2022) and I'll have a look.

sorvan76
January 6th, 2023, 22:08
Could we make the books easier to read? Maybe like an in-built FG Unity PDF reader that can't be screnshotted, etc? Or present the info in purchased products in a more user-friendly way if you're interested just to sit and read? ��

LordEntrails
January 6th, 2023, 22:17
Could we make the books easier to read? Maybe like an in-built FG Unity PDF reader that can't be screnshotted, etc? Or present the info in purchased products in a more user-friendly way if you're interested just to sit and read? ��
Wizards of the Coast does not publish PDFs, or allow them to be published.

You can use the built in Reference Manuals in FG to read like a book. If you don't like the text size, you can use /scaleui command (I do) and if you don't like the color scheme, you can load a different theme. Have you tried those ideas?

Note, there are vague rumors that a FG client is being developed to read reference manuals on tablets, but no timeline is known for when such might be available.

Jesse0317
January 6th, 2023, 22:18

D&D Beyond is better suited for this if you want to just read the book. If you wanted to do it on Fantasy Grounds you'd just pull up the reference manual the only caveat is that FG doesn't support tablets.

sorvan76
January 6th, 2023, 22:25
Wizards of the Coast does not publish PDFs, or allow them to be published.

You can use the built in Reference Manuals in FG to read like a book. If you don't like the text size, you can use /scaleui command (I do) and if you don't like the color scheme, you can load a different theme. Have you tried those ideas?

Note, there are vague rumors that a FG client is being developed to read reference manuals on tablets, but no timeline is known for when such might be available.

Not tried those ideas actually, I'll try them out. If we could access paid for content on tablets - it would be fantastic!