PDA

View Full Version : IMMUNE: Blinded

bmos
December 20th, 2022, 19:37
I'm trying to test one of my extensions for 5E and have either found a bug or (likely) am doing something wrong.

I have two actors.
Actor 1 has the effect IMMUNE: Dazed
Actor 2 has a spell with an effect set up that says Dazed
Actor 2 applies the effect from their Powers section
Nothing happens to indicate Actor 1's immunity and the effect is added.

On the wiki page, it says IMMUNE will strip that condition from the effect to prevent it applying to Actor 1.

Zacchaeus
December 20th, 2022, 20:01
Dazed isn't a recognised condition, so there's that. It does work with the conditions that are built into the ruleset.

SilentRuin
December 20th, 2022, 20:04
I should note that there is an issue (read your DM's) that I just found if you use AURA and BCEG... its case sensitive. BCEG has support of IMMUNE: (custom name) and FGU supports IMMUNE: (condition) - no extensions the condition check is not case sensitive - I trust you are not using extensions in the above problem? EXTENSIONS = RISK!

AURA: 10; test; Blinded
IMMUNE: Blinded (won't work)

AURA: 10; test; blinded
IMMUNE: blinded (will work)

bmos
December 20th, 2022, 20:13
The screenshot shows there are no extensions loaded.
Thanks for pointing out the condition Dazed was a bad one to use in the example, that was indeed my issue!
I'm so used to using that as an example in Pathfinder, I didn't even consider it.

bmos
December 20th, 2022, 20:16
to confirm, it only works for blocking effects that contain ONLY the condition?
so "test2; Frightened" will not be blocked but "Frightened" will be?

SilentRuin
December 20th, 2022, 20:23
to confirm, it only works for blocking effects that contain ONLY the condition?
so "test2; Frightened" will not be blocked but "Frightened" will be?

I can only speak for 5E but

test2; IMMUNE: blinded

will block the Blinded condition when I drag it onto the CT entry with that defined.

[It would be pretty shocking if it did not as that would break oh so many effects that have a condition tacked onto it someplace in the string]

[note if you drop "test3; blinded" as a custom effect it will still block the condition - just not the word "test3; "]

bmos
December 20th, 2022, 20:26
I can only speak for 5E but

test2; IMMUNE: blinded

will block the Blinded condition when I drag it onto the CT entry with that defined.This thread is about 5E. That is what I am talking about.

But I think I'm not being clear about where the 'test2' part is.
When it comes to actually blocking the condition (when the condition is included as an effect component) it doesn't seem to work.
For example:

I have two actors.
Actor 1 has the effect IMMUNE: Frightened
Actor 2 has a spell with an effect set up that says test2; Frightened

I just wanted to make sure that was normal, because I thought I remembered it stripping out that component from the full effect label in the past. That would have left it as "test2;"

SilentRuin
December 20th, 2022, 20:30
This thread is about 5E. That is what I am talking about.

But I think I'm not being clear about where the 'test2' part is.
When it comes to actually blocking the condition (when the condition is included as an effect component) it doesn't seem to work.
For example:

I have two actors.
Actor 1 has the effect IMMUNE: Frightened
Actor 2 has a spell with an effect set up that says test2; Frightened

I just wanted to make sure that was normal, because I thought I remembered it stripping out that component from the full effect label in the past. That would have left it as "test2;"

As I put in correction - if I make a "test3; blinded" as a custom effect and drop it in - or have some gigantic string with blinded tacked onto it that drops onto the CT entry with IMMUNE:blinded in its effects somewhere it will only strip out that condition from the string. Its how all that stuff can work in large strings. Just like the sheet entry for conditional immunities work if you put "blinded" in there.

SilentRuin
December 20th, 2022, 20:32

As shown here.

bmos
December 20th, 2022, 20:33
Ahhh, so it has to be all lowercase, not just case sensitive as in "the same"
Got it. Thanks all for the help.

SilentRuin
December 20th, 2022, 21:13
Ahhh, so it has to be all lowercase, not just case sensitive as in "the same"
Got it. Thanks all for the help.

I was wrong retracted.

bmos
December 21st, 2022, 13:16
It definitely does matter.
I have not run BCEG and certainly was not (as shown in the screenshot) while testing for this thread.

SilentRuin
December 21st, 2022, 16:09
It definitely does matter.
I have not run BCEG and certainly was not (as shown in the screenshot) while testing for this thread.

I was wrong - retracted.

rhagelstrom
December 21st, 2022, 17:12
If I recall IMMUNE: [condition] the [condition] has to be all lower case. When an effect gets added the [condition] can be either upper or lower and if it matches it will be blocked

SilentRuin
December 21st, 2022, 18:32
If I recall IMMUNE: [condition] the [condition] has to be all lower case. When an effect gets added the [condition] can be either upper or lower and if it matches it will be blocked

I just tested and retracted my previous statements. FGU is more insane than I thought.

IMMUNE: blinded

is the only version that will work where "Blinded" (the default effect text you get when you drag the Blinded button over to drop on CT entry in FGU) - which will block with above "blinded". But if you use "Blinded" - as the FGU defined text is defined...

IMMUNE: Blinded

then it will add the effect

Blinded

Capitalized. Bat **** crazy.