PDA

View Full Version : Nice work Dakadin!

Sulimo
December 20th, 2022, 18:37
Just saw the new updates.

Looks good in FG as well.

For those that do not check the City Hall subforum, there are weekly threads about various updates to rulesets.

Here is the update for today (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?76144-Release-Updates-for-December-20th-2022).

Relevant portion for RMC:
Rolemaster Classic (Rolemaster Classic)

[Fixed] Character Law - Duplicate row entries on Table 08-08 Embedding Cost: Potion, Daily Item, Wand show up 2x
[Fixed] Character Law - Table 08-09 has "moderately expensive" included as the second column of Average instead of its own row entry.
[Added] Dice skin customizations for attack tables rolls
[Added] Dice skin customizations for result tables rolls
[Added] Dice skin customizations for RR and base spell attack rolls
[Added] Base Casting Roll to the spell lists on PCs and NPCs
[Added] New Option - Other: Movement Pace Difficulties in Optional Rules (GM) with options for Core: Arms Law, RM Companion IV, RM Companion VI and RMFRP/RMSS
[Added] ESF field to spell list entries on the character sheet and NPC sheet that will be added to the base fumble value of 2 to determine spell failure during a BCR (Basic Casting Roll)

There is a pretty long list of Custom Dice Rolls, I am guessing it took a bit to put it all together.

https://i.imgur.com/jXPIbTM.png

So, once again, Kudos to you Dakadin for putting it all together.

Majyk
December 20th, 2022, 19:00
�� / 100% RM + FG Hero status, as always.
Thank you, Sir.

Dakadin
December 20th, 2022, 19:40
Thanks. It has actually been done for a few weeks now but only got to try it once with my group so please let me know if you encounter any issues.

esmdev
December 21st, 2022, 06:12
I am really looking forward to trying out the die customization. :)

micael
December 21st, 2022, 16:19
Thanks, but where can I get this new update? Will it function with the RMFRPG extension?
Thanks
Micael

Dakadin
December 21st, 2022, 17:19
When you update FGU, it should automatically update the RMC ruleset for you as long as you don't have another unzipped folder version of the ruleset. I haven't tried it with the RMFRP extension so I don't know if it works or not. Sorry about that.

micael
December 21st, 2022, 19:08
Ok, thank you ver much for pace:-)- it seems that FRPG is cutting them out somehow- another question:

I tried to produce a fireball to see the new custom dice without having a char with fireball in attack combat tracker- can I somehow just roll, put the fireball table manually to the resolver and then apply? I tried and the custom dice is not changed and if I press aply there is an error, because RMC has no target to apply- can this somehow be changed, that a target can be defined on the fly- I had last game a monster who had a poison attack but no base attack in monster sheet- I sqirreled around to got this done, because only placing the base spell attack in tableresolver, I got not modifiers from the monster in the roll (lvl), and for the RR roll I had no target definable. It would be nice to have a solution for on the fly table rolls like this? For example RMC is asking for modifiers, target and lvl (for RR) instead of producing an error message? So for example if I could define the attacker, RMC would put the number in the top left field in the table resolver so I can put an modifier into it and if RMC is asking for a defender, it would take automatically the DB and modifieres putting it top left into table resolver so you can decide if it will be the right modifier or not.
Thanks
Micael

Rainbird
December 21st, 2022, 19:22
Great work Dak!

Dakadin
December 21st, 2022, 19:43
Ok, thank you ver much for pace:-)- it seems that FRPG is cutting them out somehow- another question:

I tried to produce a fireball to see the new custom dice without having a char with fireball in attack combat tracker- can I somehow just roll, put the fireball table manually to the resolver and then apply? I tried and the custom dice is not changed and if I press aply there is an error, because RMC has no target to apply- can this somehow be changed, that a target can be defined on the fly- I had last game a monster who had a poison attack but no base attack in monster sheet- I sqirreled around to got this done, because only placing the base spell attack in tableresolver, I got not modifiers from the monster in the roll (lvl), and for the RR roll I had no target definable. It would be nice to have a solution for on the fly table rolls like this? For example RMC is asking for modifiers, target and lvl (for RR) instead of producing an error message? So for example if I could define the attacker, RMC would put the number in the top left field in the table resolver so I can put an modifier into it and if RMC is asking for a defender, it would take automatically the DB and modifieres putting it top left into table resolver so you can decide if it will be the right modifier or not.
Thanks
Micael

The Apply button won't work without a target because it needs to have something to apply to. I thought I put in code to make it not show without a target though. You will have to manually drag the result to the target and then right click the result to open the result table.

You really want to do this with things in the combat tracker. If you do that with the base spell attack, it will allow you to apply the RR modifier and RR target to the target when you use the Apply button Then the next RR the target rolls will automatically show if it succeeded or failed. There is even an option to have it automatically make the RR for NPCs so the GM doesn't have roll them separately. Just check in the Options section.

The modifiers are automatically loaded in the modifier list when you resolve an attack but that can only happen if the attacker and target are in the combat tracker. If you don't do it that way then you will have to manually handle some of it.

micael
December 21st, 2022, 20:33
Hi Dakadin
There is a similar target problem, if a player cast a base attack spell on a monster (owl)- if the result is a bonus or penalty to RR, the owl get an combat tracker entry with that, but because a monster has no RR rolls on monster sheet and also not in combat tracker you canīt choose the owl as RR initiator and the penalty is not applied to RR if you press apply in the table resolver for RR rolls. Any ideas? I tried this also with the automatic RR option and that make no difference.

Thanks
Micael

micael
December 21st, 2022, 20:46
How does RMC knows that its an NPC? The owl is friendly but still no character...
I tried to open the RR with right click in the combat tracker where penalty in effect is located and there is only a standard choosing window..
THANKS
Micael

Dakadin
December 21st, 2022, 20:51
Hi Micael,

On the character tab of the NPC sheet there are the stats and RRs for the NPC. You can roll it from there but you want anything that is being attacked and the attacker in the combat tracker. If you aren't doing it that way then things might not work the way they are intended to work.

Dakadin

Dakadin
December 21st, 2022, 20:53
How does RMC knows that its an NPC? The owl is friendly but still no character...
I tried to open the RR with right click in the combat tracker where penalty in effect is located and there is only a standard choosing window..
THANKS
Micael

The ruleset can tell if things are NPCs or PCs. You need to click the link for the NPC either on the combat tracker or on the table resolver if it is a target of an attack. After you open the NPC sheet go to the Character tab.

micael
December 21st, 2022, 21:05
Ah , thanks, there seems to be a problem with FRPG ruleset or with all monsters- I looked at the charater tab of the abraxas- as you can see all RR are 0 for all : Is this normal- so how to make a RR roll then? Normally there should be a con bonus for Poison etc...

Dakadin
December 21st, 2022, 21:07
They all show as zero because they aren't defined in C&T. The GM can customize them if they need it for certain NPCs though. Just double-click or drag the dice in the name of the RR and it should roll it for you.

micael
December 21st, 2022, 21:12
I understand the Con is not known for all monsters, so I treid to roll in "other" field of monster constitution, but that resut is nit taken automatically to the charactertab in the constitution field for RR?

Dakadin
December 21st, 2022, 21:40
No, it isn't. There is an option in the Options to have it randomly determine the hits and/or level of the NPCs when they are added to the combat tracker and that Constitution field and the Level Code field are used for that. If you roll the Co from the Character tab then it will do a constitution stat roll check for it. They aren't linked together.

micael
December 22nd, 2022, 09:33
Ah, ok, thanks- Is this a new bug, that resolving a poison attack from a cobra or scorpion on a other creature will give a Table not find error in chat?
Thanks
Micael

Dakadin
December 22nd, 2022, 17:46
It is probably an old bug. Those NPCs in C&T were setup before the RR table was in the ruleset so my guess is the RR table is setup for the poison attack. I will add it to my list along with associating the base spell attack table with the NPCs that have spells.

Rainbird
December 23rd, 2022, 11:21
For a poison attack I'm using the BAR table for the initial attack (allocating BAR to the poison attack) which then accesses the RR table....

Is there another way of doing this?

Thanks - Rainbird

Dakadin
December 23rd, 2022, 20:44
That's a good way to do it. I just have my PCs roll their poison RR since it really isn't an attack. Then I just adjust the attacker level to the appropriate level and see if the total is greater than the result on the RR table.

Rainbird
December 23rd, 2022, 23:07
DAK - I like the randomness of the BAR (did the target get a full shot or a weak one?) but you could just neutralize the BAR to a zero and then just apply and apply. Using this method keeps it all in the CT and the PCs get to see if they resist the poison

Gawd knows why I'm trying to explain it to you ;)

All the best and Merry Christmas to you.

Rainbird

Dakadin
December 24th, 2022, 02:08
Haha! I've thought of doing that too but I don't always prep the NPCs for things that require RRs so I haven't really used it that way in a game. ;)