PDA

View Full Version : LF 2 players to complete Traveller (sci fi) group

tjpham
December 16th, 2022, 18:04
edit: game is now full, thank you everyone who responded!

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: Taveller (Mongoose 2e)

Time Zone: UTC-7
Day of week and time: Wednesday ~5PM CST (TBD)
New game - planned start date: hopefully within the next week or so
Planned Duration & Frequency: approx 3 hours, Weekly or bi-weekly
Term: TBD

Voice and VTT software: Discord for voice, FG for game

-Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? no

Roleplay & Combat mix: Roleplay centric with skill checks, sparse combat (see details)
Number of Players in game & needed: we have 3+ Gm and need at least a 4th; a 5th would be great to have

Details of your scenario:
Traveller is a hard(ish) science fiction adventure set in the far future. For any fans of Firefly/Serenity, this is (allegedly) the game that Joss Wheden based his masterpiece from. There are also similarities to Cowboy Bebop, The Expanse, 40k, Aliens... basically almost any Sci-fi franchise could be compared to Traveller in some way.

For an in-depth explanation, I highly recommend checking out Seth Skorkowsky on YouTube. He has a video series (https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL25p5gPY6qKVUg6ys5N1oRlsBI7DTByyI) giving an overview of the system. The Glass Cannon Network also did a Traveller one shot that actually turned out to be a two-shot, as well as a series featuring Seth. To give the very short version of the summary: Traveller is a d6 system set apart from other RPG's mainly by its unique character generation, which is a mini game in itself, where the characters basically live out their backstories and the dice will largely determine your character, as well as your personal choices.

Combat: combat is deadly and unforgiving. Therefore as new players I will try to ease the party into more situations with alternatives to fighting, if possible.
Lastly, about me: I have a lot of experience as a player and DM for Pathfinder, 3e, and 5e. However I am new to Traveller, so it will be a learning experience for all. Looking forward to the potential this game has and hope to meet you soon, travellers!

aldnod
December 16th, 2022, 19:07
You tagged me in my lfg forum. After reading you can call me intrigued and it starts an hour after I am available so I see no issues. Just need to know if I need my on FG subscription or if I can use demo.

Amatiste
December 17th, 2022, 04:45
I am interested. :) I have experience with Traveller, been playing a while.

tjpham
December 17th, 2022, 04:51
awesome!!! I will go ahead and PM you with the discord server.