PDA

View Full Version : Any good xml validators to use with modules?

Ghost_dk
December 14th, 2007, 07:57
Hi

As im building up my modules for D&D im looking for a validation tool to use with the xml. files as bug hunting is becomming very tedious and taking more time then i like. I used the CSE validator for the trial period and that worked nicely but now im looking for a more permanent solution if one exists that does not require me to shell out a lot of money.

Do any of you know or use a good tool for validating the files you mod?

Cheers

Kalan
December 14th, 2007, 08:11
the best thing I've found is to just open the file in IE, as if there is a bug, the file will terminate close to where the bug is located.

As for determining "invalid characters", I don't know if the Notepad++ XML extension does it or not.

I personally use Oxygen XML for all my module building - it has a 30 day trial period, and the cost if you decide to purchase is fairly reasonable ($48usd) as far as pro software is concerned.

Ghost_dk
December 14th, 2007, 11:20
Thanx Kalan I will try out Oxygen.

arnon
December 14th, 2007, 12:03
I use cooktop (https://www.xmlcooktop.com/)... it has an unbeatable price :)

sloejack
December 14th, 2007, 13:34
Notepad++ has an XML validator which is what I use for ruleset and module building.

Griogre
December 15th, 2007, 09:46
I have XMLSpy. There is a free student/trial version (that they hide well on their site) its overkill and I don't use it for FG.

I do use Visual Studio 2005 because I happen to have it installed and use it on other things. The Express Version is free.

A lot of people like the Notepad++ too.

Ghost_dk
December 17th, 2007, 05:55
Thanx a lot for all the replies. Im going to test out those as well. Better to have something to compare with.