PDA

View Full Version : Heroes of Krynn: Forged In Dragon's Fire, a D&D 5E campaign set in Dragonlance

KirKanosReborn
December 16th, 2022, 16:13
"It starts with a trip to the town of Vogler, to attend the funeral of a man you once called Uncle...."

The world has ended, and it’s ending again.

Three hundred years ago, the Cataclysm brought ruin to the world of Krynn. In a single day, an age of wonders came to an end. Countless innocents died, the face of the world was reshaped, and the gods themselves faded into legend. Through ages of struggle, the peoples of Krynn survived, but the world isn’t what it was. Those nations that remain linger in the shadows of their ancestors’ wonders. Only slowly have they begun to push back centuries of darkness and rediscover how the world has changed.

Then came the Dragon Armies, legions of soldiers devoted to the wicked god Takhisis the Dragon Queen, and the world faces ruin once more. The War of the Lance has begun, and in a conflict between gods and dragons, a wounded world hangs in the balance. Will you answer the call?

DragonlanceŽ: Shadow of the Dragon Queen™ is a tale of conflict and defiance set during the legendary War of the Lance. Create characters from Krynn, the world of the Dragonlance setting, then march them to the front lines of battle against the terrifying Dragon Armies.

Note: This is a Beginner and Veteran player-friendly campaign.

Game Ruleset: D&D 5e
Game type: Fantasy Grounds Unity, Virtual Tabletop
Game style: 40% Role Play & Exploration, 60% Combat
Game length: Three hours per session on average
Campaign length: 2nd to 10th level or higher
Location/Timezone: EST
Schedule: Every Monday, 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time.

Number of Players Sought: 4-6

Edit: You are allowed to use two officially published sources for character creation. Any sourcebook connected to any other campaign setting is banned.

Your character’s race must be from the Dragonlance setting. Keep in mind that there are only five playable races represented in this campaign: human, elf, dwarf, gnome, and kender. Dwarves and elves have subraces directly tied to Krynn and are available.

What you will need: A decent computer to run Fantasy Grounds Unity (I own an ultimate licensed copy, so only the demo is required on your end), a good headset and microphone, and a decent internet connection. Discord is our preferred application for voice chat and is required in order to participate in the campaign. A camera is not required. We will be creating characters in FGU so a D&D Beyond account is not required.

What I bring: All of the necessary D&D 5e books, a dedicated Discord server, a Fantasy Grounds Unity Ultimate License, and a Syrinscape account for enhanced audio experiences in game and music during combat.

What You Should Bring: An open mind and a willingness to participate in all three pillars of gameplay - exploration, social interaction, and combat.

Feel free to message me here with any questions you may have! Once all of the players are locked in we will have a Session Zero on the Discord server. During the session we will get your characters generated prior to beginning the campaign proper.

Absolutely no Unearthed Arcana is allowed in this campaign.

LarryChristmas
December 16th, 2022, 17:18
This sounds great...I took about a 4 year break from 5E and Dragonlance, my favorite setting of yore, may just bring me back.

Are you all full up on players, or is there room for an old forever-GM like myself?

Feel free to hit me up on Discord, LarryChristmas#1510

Thanks!

KirKanosReborn
December 16th, 2022, 17:24
Update: We are still looking for players! We use a Discord server for vetting potential new players. PM for a link!

phage83
December 17th, 2022, 14:08
I am also interested in playing, Discord is Bellesixa#2265 hit me up

Raunalyn
December 17th, 2022, 20:00
If it was on any other night of the week, I would love to join! Unfortunately, Monday's are my own game :-(

KirKanosReborn
December 18th, 2022, 19:37
The group currently has four but we’re still accepting potential players. Thanks for your interest in this campaign!

Session Zero will be held on 1/2/2023.

Dimmon
December 20th, 2022, 22:18
Hello I am definitely interested in this game! I am a longtime player that has been playing on and off for a .....long time...... Just jumping back into 5e after a year's break or so. Send me a message if you still have a spot open, please! Xavierment#0058 on Discord or you can PM me here! Thanks!

Gilafron
December 23rd, 2022, 05:29
Hi, I'm interested as well. My discord is Gilafron#4687

KirKanosReborn
December 29th, 2022, 13:55
Thank you all for your interest in this campaign! We now have six players and the party is full!