PDA

View Full Version : Barbarians of Lemuria

Ilsensine
December 16th, 2022, 14:43
Hi, I noticed only now there is a BoL ruleset available for purchase. I just have couple of questions to see, if I understand correctly. Apologies if these questions are repeated, but I want to be sure what is current state of the ruleset

First question: so, it's not possible to make your own custom list of items?
Or to be more specific:
- can you make a list of your own custom items outside of character sheet?
- can any items (core or homebrew) be accessed via inventory side-button, or only through the library?
- are any items using the inventory charsheet card, or the inventory card on character sheet is actually not used at all?

Similar questions about spells:
- can you create your own list or premade spells outside of character sheet?
- can you access spells via sidebar button, or only through the library?
- can you modify the list of spell requirements listed on the Magic character sheet card (like casting time, ingredient and so on), or the lists are hard-coded?

Same for Flaws and Boons - can you make your own list outside of charsheet and access it via sidebar?

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
December 16th, 2022, 15:57
I don't know this ruleset specifically but to create anything yourself open whatever list you want from the right hand menu (Items, NPCs, stories etc etc) and click the green cross button or right click and select create new. You'll now have a blank whatever ready for you to fill in the boxes.

To edit something from a module make a copy of the item by dragging and dropping it back into the list and then edit the copy in whatever way you want.

Ilsensine
December 16th, 2022, 16:22
Thanks, I am familiar with these features, but I read some forum discussions pointing out that this might not be possible with Barbarians of Lemuria.

damned
December 16th, 2022, 22:21
Hi Ilsensine

I was a co-dev on this product. It is an older product. It is highly unlikely to receive any feature updates, it will only be maintained.
You might buy it from the FG Store and test your needs. If it isnt what you need refund it within 30 days.
Even if you would normally buy from Steam still do it this way and then buy from Steam if you decide to keep it.

I have too many things on my plate but Ill see if I can tweak any of these things.
Hold off for a week or three..

Ilsensine
December 16th, 2022, 23:41
Thank you very much, that's very kind!

hawkwind
December 19th, 2022, 11:44
I would be geat if you could add your own boons and careers. that way people could use this ruleset to run other BOL powered rule sets

hawkwind
December 19th, 2022, 13:52
I'm getting an error message when i drop damage onto the combat tracker

hawkwind
December 22nd, 2022, 21:00
the recent update fixed it thanks

damned
December 23rd, 2022, 22:53
Hi Guys - Ive got some great news.

Bayyne7400 has agreed to take over the ruleset ownership. He has been busily smashing away at it and reworking a bunch of stuff.
BoL was originally written about 8 years ago and so many things have changed in rulesets since then.
Bayne7400 is planning on working through a bunch of sections and rewriting them with a more current approach.
He has done a lot of things already.

Anyone thinking of buying the ruleset - hold off until the New Year so that any commissions go his way.

I am very happy the ruleset is in the hands of someone who is able to invest some time in it!

“I live, I love, I slay, and I am content.”

Trenloe
December 24th, 2022, 12:00
Great news! Thanks @Bayyne7400 for picking this up.

bayne7400
February 15th, 2023, 18:36
Please lock this thread as we have a BoL sub Forum now.

Please direct any further inquiries to the below subforum.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?76898-Barbarians-of-Lemuria-Feedback-Thread