PDA

View Full Version : Dragonlance - Shadow of the Dragon Queen Bug List and Fixes

ddavison
December 7th, 2022, 04:09
These reported bugs have been fixed. Thanks to Reba and Dannywonderful for reporting these issues.

ADVENTURE
CH 2 - missing encounter and loot parcel for Scales of War > Fallen Caravan
Added. (note that armor is listed as unusable, per the text)
CH 2 - Heading was formatted incorrectly for Fallen Caravan
Fixed.
- Chapter 3: When Home Burns > Vogler Gazetteer > Mercenary Camp > two NPC link missing (add Gargonis / add Jeyev)
Fixed.
- Chapter 3: When Home Burns > Vogler Gazetteer > Wharfinger’s Office > NPC link duplicated and written as Unidentified Creature instead of Wharfinger Umpton Lanth
Fixed. They were set as unidentified.
- Chapter 4: Shadow of War > Wheelwatch Outpost > W2: South Guard Tower > Encounter link duplicated
Updated. There are two towers labeled as W2. One is on the East and the other is on the West (added East and West labels to the encounters)
- Chapter 6: Dread Wolf Cove > Item Shard of Darkness link point to a blank item
Not fixed. The item is broken and doesn't have any properties, per the text
- Appendix B: Draconians > Draconian Sizes to Scale Image ..not possible to click and pop out
(replaced with image record)
- Reference Manual (both DM and Player) are totally unlocked
This is by design
- Many maps have labels on them for room or for locations within cities.
These are as they were provided to us by Wizards of the Coast. In cases where hidden secrets were present on a map, we removed those and added them back in as a GM layer.

UPDATE 2022-12-09
Images are now redone with layers that contain the labels. These can be changed to be GM visible only, all visible, or invisible. Default settings are set based on whether or not they contain information that would reasonably be secret for players.

ddavison
December 7th, 2022, 12:52
New version pushed to fix a bad update that cleared the index.

Omega Deus
December 7th, 2022, 19:33
the adventure is only accessible through the Reference Manual,. Nothing appears under STORY.

Valyar
December 7th, 2022, 19:38
the adventure is only accessible through the Reference Manual,. Nothing appears under STORY.

That's the new way of doing things. The only missing thing is resizing the reference pages

ddavison
December 7th, 2022, 19:38

That is correct. It is by design to reduce the duplication. Reference manual entries are able to be unlocked and edited and can be used for everything that story entries were used for previously. They just have more features, such as embedded images, text frames, and multi-column support.

Ecks
December 8th, 2022, 03:39
Some feedback on Reference Manual vs Story entries (sorry if this doesn't belong in this thread):

Overall, I'm fine with the shift to only using the Reference Manual, but there are some feature parity gaps that would impact how I use FG currently:

There doesn't seem to be a quick way to duplicate Reference Manual pages. With Story entries, if I wanted to make significant modifications I could duplicate the entire Story Entry with drag/drop first.
There doesn't seem to be a quick way to revert an individual Reference Manual page - it's all or nothing. If I've made changes to a Story entry, I can revert just that single entry without losing other adventure changes in the campaign.

Maybe there's a way to do these two things already, but if not they would prevent me from wanting to use the Reference Manual instead of Story entries.

Zacchaeus
December 8th, 2022, 14:55
Whilst you can't copy a page in the reference via drag and drop; you can add new pages by unlocking the chapter list on the left hand side. You could then add whatever you want to that page and move it to where you want it to be. You can also copy stuff from an existing page and place it into the new page you've created.

You are correct that you can't revert a single page in the reference; in fact I'm not sure you can revert the entire reference manual either; other than by reverting the module. But you can delete and/or move pages around.

Valyar
December 9th, 2022, 08:39
Oops. One flameskull per character is a bit much. I will patch that in the next build.

On another note, I received better maps from Wizards of the Coast that are layered. I will be pushing an update that has these new maps in place of the old ones, with tags for rooms and other stuff on a separate GM only layer.

Yay!

ddavison
December 9th, 2022, 20:04
New version posted with images split into multiple layers. Labels are on a separate layer under a Tags folder that can be turned off or left as GM visible only.

jleimu
December 19th, 2022, 10:59
I can't seem to find chapter 1 from the module. I'm trying to find the info about the world, gods etc but the reference has only Credits entry following chapter 2. Or am I just being stupid?

ddavison
December 19th, 2022, 13:20
Chapter 1 is split off into a Player module. It is safe to mark as Shared with players since they will use it to build characters.

jleimu
December 19th, 2022, 19:38
Oh yeah! Thanks mate!

FSHSchmo
January 2nd, 2023, 04:25
That's the new way of doing things. The only missing thing is resizing the reference pages

Why are we doing this now in the reference manual? Not a fan, I love my story entries of being able to drop the main entry into a quickslot and then open the rest from the entry.

ddavison
January 2nd, 2023, 05:56
Why are we doing this now in the reference manual? Not a fan, I love my story entries of being able to drop the main entry into a quickslot and then open the rest from the entry.

You can do the same thing with a reference manual page.

FSHSchmo
January 5th, 2023, 01:29
You can do the same thing with a reference manual page.

I am aware of that, what was I referring to is having the main story entry for a chapter in a quick slot (chapter 13 in the picture from OoTA). I can open that story entry and it has all the sub chapters listed within the entry, so one quick slot gives me access to all the stories for that chapter. With the reference manual each entry is it's own link, so with a chapter (chapter 3), I would need a ton of quick slots (I know FG has a ton) or make my own story entry and drop each one in there. I attached a picture for reference. I was curious as to why the change. I know that the reference manual allows for more formatting options, adding pictures, etc., but imho it's a pain to navigate when running a game.

ddavison
January 5th, 2023, 05:12
So it seems like you want an index of shortcut links, but not the TOC index links that are grouped by chapter and sub-chapter in the reference manual navigation pane.

The image you shared from OOTA was content we had to create to make story entries navigable because story entries did not support a navigation of a TOC. The reference manual has that already built in with the left pane of the reference manual already. We could literally create that same exact chapter index page for the start of every chapter and put it directly within the reference manual content pane. It isn’t a feature that story entries can do and reference pages cannot. It was just not done because it seemed like duplication of the content from the reference manual navigation pane into reference manual content pane.

The left side panel is already the links you could create by making a single story entry and dragging the link from each page (top-left shortcut for each page) ti a single story entry. I could see a possible benefit from being able to drag a chapter or sub-chapter from the reference manual navigation panel to a story or hotkey.

LDuck
January 10th, 2023, 00:21
I just bought this module for FG and as I was reading through chapter 1, I noticed the reference of a "Wartime Rumors" table that should be present on the DM module (first present at the end of the "Life on Ansalon" chapter) , however I can't seem to find it inside the tables or any other division.
Am I just blind or is it really missing?

FSHSchmo
January 25th, 2023, 00:27
Chapter 3, Invasion of Vogler, Escape From Vogler - Missing player map

ddavison
January 25th, 2023, 15:41
Chapter 3, Invasion of Vogler, Escape From Vogler - Missing player map

It is just a single map. There is a Tags layer that you can decide if you don't want players to see or not. I marked them as visible to All by default because I don't think this is knowledge the players would not have. You can override that if you want by changing the visibility of the tags layer to GM only.

pholland1380
February 1st, 2023, 16:45
I just bought this module for FG and as I was reading through chapter 1, I noticed the reference of a "Wartime Rumors" table that should be present on the DM module (first present at the end of the "Life on Ansalon" chapter) , however I can't seem to find it inside the tables or any other division.
Am I just blind or is it really missing?

I came here to investigate this exact same thing. Any updates on this?

ddavison
February 1st, 2023, 22:56
I came here to investigate this exact same thing. Any updates on this?

I just posted a fix for this and it will go out with the next Tuesday update.

FSHSchmo
February 26th, 2023, 16:36
On the Wheelwatch Outpost Map, the way the towers are setup as the whole room being a "terrain", players have issues seeing other tokens in the room. They eventually were able to see after moving around some, but when they first entered they "K" token was not showing up for them.

Moon Wizard
March 2nd, 2023, 03:31
We just pushed a new update that addresses some player-side token visibility updates when the player is moving tokens via mouse.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?77078-Fantasy-Grounds-v4-3-4

This may have been related to the issue you saw last week. Can you check again next time you guys play after you update, and let us know if it's still an issue?

Thanks,
JPG

FSHSchmo
May 1st, 2023, 21:29
Sunward Fortress - D5 is missing the encounters and treasure parcel
Sunward Fortress - Virruza seemed to have resistances to damage at random times. The attached screenshot just shows one instance, but it was happening with most attacks
Wakenreth - E5 parcel has (2) swords instead of (1) per the story entry

LordEntrails
May 1st, 2023, 22:00
Are you sure Viruzza does not / did not have any temporary hit points? They will show up as resisted like that.

FSHSchmo
May 1st, 2023, 22:05
Are you sure Viruzza does not / did not have any temporary hit points? They will show up as resisted like that.

I am 100% sure of this. The NPC itself does not have any means to give itself any temp hit points, only a regen skill. Also, as stated, it was happening at random times with random damage types.

ddavison
May 1st, 2023, 22:20
Thanks for the report.

Also, do you happen to be running any extensions currently?

FSHSchmo
May 2nd, 2023, 03:24
Thanks for the report.

Also, do you happen to be running any extensions currently?

5e Critically Awesome Essentials - Unity Compatible
ProStream for 5e
Syrinscape Sounds
Theme: FG Wizards Desk

Haavok
May 24th, 2023, 02:07
Not sure if this is right place to point it out, or whether it was by design...

The Kender race did not
add racial bonuses,
the size was medium when it should be small,
did not add common and choice of one for languages

Might note that the hoopak is a Kender invented/used weapon. Very much like elf weapon training for elves the hoopak should be something most Kender would be proficient with, but I didn't see it added anywhere either.

Haavok
May 24th, 2023, 02:39
Thinking back on it. I think I remember the Kagonesti having a similar issue. While they were selectable as an Elf subrace none of the features that should be applied for selecting it as a race were being applied to the character sheet.

FSHSchmo
May 24th, 2023, 04:24
Sunward Fortress - D5 is missing the encounters and treasure parcel in the story entry
Wakenreth - E5 parcel has (2) swords instead of (1) per the story entry

The above still look to be missing plus the following

Sunward Fortress - D4 is missing a wall in a storage room
Heart's Hollow - Clystran is mispelled on the NPC side (Clystern)
Wheelwatch Outpost - The way the map is currently setup with LoS, players on the wall can see into the rooms below, unsure if this is working as intended
Sunward Fortress - Missing the pin for D5 on the map
Bluemaw Cave - Missing all map pins

ddavison
May 30th, 2023, 14:08
Thanks. I have logged these for a future fix.

Springroll
June 9th, 2023, 04:55
Missing art, Kender, and Kingfisher Festival

FSHSchmo
June 14th, 2023, 00:16
Dragon Army Soldiers are missing the extra 1d4 fire damage on their longsword. The way it is built out now you have to drag it as separate damage or create an effect.

ddavison
July 6th, 2023, 16:34
These are all queued for Tuesday's patch

Dragonlance - Shadow of the Dragon Queen Adventure
[Fixed] Linked to missing encounter for D5
[Fixed] Added missing treasure parcel for D5
[Fixed] the # of swords appearing in E3 Treasure Parcel to 1
[Fixed] wall for Sunward Fortress - D4
[Fixed] spelling for Heart's Hollow - Clystran NPC and encounter
[Fixed] Added a solid wall to Wheelwatch Outpost ground floor walls so they cannot be seen into from the wall.
[Fixed] Added the missing pin for Sunward Fortress
[Fixed] Added the missing pins for Bluemaw Cave
[Updated] Changed the wording for the fire damage on the Dragon Army Soldiers so it gets picked up with the primary weapon damage

FSHSchmo
August 21st, 2023, 03:55
The "Image: Temple-Crypts-Map" is missing part of the wall in S7
Also noticing that alot of the grid gets way off and has to be realigned every room change so the tokens match up to the grid printed on the map.

FSHSchmo
September 17th, 2023, 23:13
The "Image: Temple-Crypts-Map" is missing part of the wall in S7
Also noticing that alot of the grid gets way off and has to be realigned every room change so the tokens match up to the grid printed on the map.

The grid in Flying Citadel Sublevels and Bastian of Takhisis map is off as well

ddavison
December 5th, 2023, 20:14
The wall in S7 has been added. The grid in Temple crypts was adjusted downward but not redone because this would require changing the map resolution and redoing the walls. The grid drift seems minor, so I recommend turning off the visible grid and using the grid that is present in the image, with FGU as an underlying grid.

Dragonlance Shadow of the Dragon Queen (5E)
[Fixed] Missing Wall segment in room S7 of the Temple Crypt Map
[Fixed] Adding missing encounter link to I5: Zirrok's Hut
[Updated] Replaced all PNG and JPG images with better optimized webp images