PDA

View Full Version : 5E Giveaway

Hyperventilator
December 6th, 2022, 14:36
I received a newsletter about Fantasy Grounds dicounts and a 5E giveaway. However, the giveaway requires you to log in to somewhere but it doesn't tell you where you're loggin into. It isn't the Fantasy Grounds account because I'm already loggin in to the FG site on the browser.

Is this a legit giveaway or a fishing scam?

Zacchaeus
December 6th, 2022, 16:24
What date is on the email? The last newsletter I have is 6th December and there's nothing on that one about a giveaway.

Dudin
December 6th, 2022, 16:27
I also got the email and had the same issue regarding the giveaway. The email was sent yesterday with this title:
Fantasy Grounds - 20% OFF D&D Fizban's, Dungeon Alphabets, DCC RPG & Mutant Crawl Classics on Sale

Hyperventilator
December 6th, 2022, 16:31
The date is 6th December (at least according to my timezone). I attached a screenshot of the top of the email.

Temmpest
December 6th, 2022, 16:46
You're right. I just checked my email. It does say giveaway.

LordEntrails
December 6th, 2022, 16:51
Haven't checked my email, but here's a post from a SW employee on Reddit; Fantasy Grounds Get Started Give-Away ends Dec 13th : FantasyGrounds (reddit.com) (https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyGrounds/comments/ze8eli/fantasy_grounds_get_started_giveaway_ends_dec_13th/)
So its official. I would not expect SW to give Rafflecopter their user list and logins, would not be good practice if they did.

Zacchaeus
December 6th, 2022, 17:29
Ah, I see it now. Outlook prevents images from d/l in my emails so I missed that. The link takes you to a Facebook login which is usually the case for such competitions.