PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds Skills Question

thestallion
December 7th, 2007, 21:17
OK, so everyone convinced me to buy Savage Worlds and I must admit it is very cool. However in terms of FGII I have a question about the skills. Perhaps I am off or something so let me ask this and get it out of the way. Now the way I understand it, when you choose a skill it starts off with a d4 and you have 15 points to up your selected skills. It costs 1 point for every die you add up to the attribute to which it is attached to (for example Fighting and Agility) and then 2 points for every dice after. Now when I add to the skills section on the character record sheet and I want to up the dice used I right click to bring up the menu. However the only dice available are a d4, d6 and a d12. Am I missing something or should the d8 and d10 also be available to choose from. Am I doing something wrong? How can I fix this? Any help would be helpfull:D

Hayt
December 7th, 2007, 22:35
The skills die defaults to d4. Just drag whatever die you want to use and drop it over the top of the default die.

TaranShannara
December 7th, 2007, 22:41
I just noticed this recently as well while upgrading an attribute during play. I'm pretty sure the first time I upgraded something all the die showed.

joshuha
December 7th, 2007, 23:53
The Savage Worlds ruleset was released before Fantasy Grounds implemented submenus. So when items are in a window list (like Skills) the Fantasy Grounds menus override ours. Look for this to be fixed in all contained in a "Assign" submenu when the SW patch eventually hits.