PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds Module Problem

Hayt
December 7th, 2007, 18:23
I have something weird happen when I create modules using the Savage Worlds ruleset.

If I load and run my campaign without opening any modules, any personalites created in the campaign look just fine. But, if I then load a module which contains personalities - such as one I created for allies - the skills for each of those personalities are added to and appear as additional skills in the personalities included with the original campaign.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug?

Kalan
December 7th, 2007, 20:08
This seems to be a new bug - one which I knew naught of. One thing to try is when exporting the allies module - place an entry in the mergeid - sounds like it _could_ be a conflict with the mergeid's. Another thing to try is before opening the module - is to name any tabs with entries you have (to do this, type the name in the chat field, then drag and drop it onto the tab).

I'll pass this along to our coder to look into tho.

sloejack
December 7th, 2007, 20:33
If I load and run my campaign without opening any modules, any personalites created in the campaign look just fine. But, if I then load a module which contains personalities - such as one I created for allies - the skills for each of those personalities are added to and appear as additional skills in the personalities included with the original campaign.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug?

This may be an FG bug. I've been working on a series of adventure modules that are linked so that in the course of the overall campaign, you're opening and closing various modules as the PCs progress. Some thing I saw not too long ago is that periodically the adventure related stuff could become corrupted. I think that this can be due to some naming or node handling issues with FG since I was seeing this with the default d20 ruleset.

Hayt
December 7th, 2007, 22:56
Thanks for the help, guys. I tried both your suggestions, Kalan, but didn't work. :cry: Guess I'll just have to wait for the bug fix.

Sgain
December 14th, 2007, 21:16
I think its a tab override thing; when you merge the modules and the tabs aren't labeled they over-ride each other. I've had this problem a few times myself. I then 'close' the module, exit and restart FG without the added module, rename my tabs (in each of the folders) and then open the module again. This seems to fix the problem.

MrJamela
February 3rd, 2008, 01:17
Ok, this bug or whatever it is, is starting to really annoy me.

I created a blank campaign and keyed in a bunch of generic NPC templates that I want to use to create specific NPCs.

Now, I want to use those templates to create specific NPCs in a blank module that I will then export and bring into my campaign for my game.

But when I duplicate ANY of the personalities, they come in with the skills and abilities of a random personality from the list (and with no die values). If I close the module they are being copied from, the skills and everything under special vanish (although they come back if I reopen the module).

I even tried giving my exported template module a random merge ID number but that doesn't seem to have had any impact.

Tell me someone knows how to fix this, because otherwise this thing is almost completely too annoying to use.

Jaime