PDA

View Full Version : Why are target arrows so huge?

alloowishus
November 27th, 2022, 06:59
I remember when the arrows that show which actor you are targetting weren't so huge, is this a setting I can change somewhere?

Moon Wizard
November 27th, 2022, 08:31
No, the targeting arrows were too small and simple graphically before (in FGC). They were made larger with gradients to allow them to be more visible (in FGU). There are no customizations in the client currently.

Regards,
JPG

alloowishus
November 27th, 2022, 17:48
I don't know man, this just looks rediculous to me. Is it the scale of my map image that effects it?

Zacchaeus
November 27th, 2022, 18:11
What map is that? I see that it has room numbers on it which suggests that it's the DM map rather than a battlemap. I'm not able to reproduce such a huge arrow no matter what I set the grid to (it does look like the grid is fairly small in your screenshot).

Moon Wizard
November 27th, 2022, 18:37
Perhaps; we'd need a way to recreate your scenario locally (campaign folder, etc.). I'm not seeing arrows that big locally on my machine.

Regards,
JPG

mattekure
November 27th, 2022, 19:26
we have run into this exact problem on several occasions. What we have found works for us is to zoom into our preferred view level on the map, then re-drag the token from the combat tracker to their location on the map. This seemed to effectively reset the scale the arrows were drawn at. It seemed like somehow the scale got stuck somehow and wasnt adjusting based on zoom levels.

LordEntrails
November 27th, 2022, 19:30
A couple of weeks back on some custom maps we had some strangely sized arrows. Seemed to be dependent upon how the arrow was being show (pointer vs token range), but we could not reproduce it when trying. Will pay attention and see if it happens again and if we can identify the steps to reproduce.

alloowishus
November 27th, 2022, 21:51
I think it must be scale of the image. The map is from an old D&D module that I have converted from a PDF. What is the normal resolution of a battle map?

Zacchaeus
November 27th, 2022, 21:55
There isn't a normal resolution since it depends on the original resolution of the image. It is suggested that resolution be kept to less that about 4kx4k .jpg at somewhere less than 4Mb. Normal grid size would be 50px representing 5ft.