PDA

View Full Version : Rolemaster Unified

SALVADIO
November 25th, 2022, 15:13
It was announced that on 12/03 this new version of Rolemaster will be released, the doubt is if we will have it in Fantasy Grounds.

esmdev
November 25th, 2022, 20:45
It was announced that on 12/03 this new version of Rolemaster will be released, the doubt is if we will have it in Fantasy Grounds.

The Director's Briefing from August said "Meanwhile our software gurus are well underway with getting ERA and Fantasy Grounds prepped for RMU."

So while we might not have on 12/3 (but we might) it is coming. :)

SALVADIO
November 25th, 2022, 20:56
what matters is that it arrives, but in any case would it be an update to the classic or would it be a new set of rules that would have new materials and would have to be purchased separately?

JohnD
November 25th, 2022, 23:16
what matters is that it arrives, but in any case would it be an update to the classic or would it be a new set of rules that would have new materials and would have to be purchased separately?

Seems pretty reasonable for it to be a new ruleset and a seperate purchase. To me at least.

SALVADIO
November 26th, 2022, 00:05
for me too, it would be the most logical and would be acquired with great pleasure, because even though I am new to rolemaster, it has enchanted me.

RRFG
December 2nd, 2022, 02:06
I'll see it when I believe it. :p

Rainbird
December 2nd, 2022, 22:23
Seems pretty reasonable for it to be a new ruleset and a seperate purchase. To me at least.

I second that - from what I could gather on the Discord ICE chat, Unified will be a big/radical/evolutionary/insert what you want change from RMC. Personally, I'm very happy with the system FGU RM system as is.

I hope Unified will be a separate system that runs parallel to RMC, and I wish it the very best.

Nightchilde2
December 3rd, 2022, 15:19
Grabbed my PDF of Core Law this morning on DTRPG. I'm liking most of the changes but the lack of the Alchemist profession brings tears to my eyes. Also..sooo.....how about that RMU for FG? Anyone working on it?

JohnD
December 3rd, 2022, 16:55
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/416633/Rolemaster-Core-Law-RMU?src=hottest_small

esmdev
December 3rd, 2022, 18:06
It will take a while to go through it, but at first glance it looks good.

Timetunnelpro
December 3rd, 2022, 19:22
I tweeted Iron Crown and they replied saying that a FG ruleset would be available very shortly after the initial pdf release, not on launch day but not far off.

Grabbed my PDF of Core Law this morning on DTRPG. I'm liking most of the changes but the lack of the Alchemist profession brings tears to my eyes. Also..sooo.....how about that RMU for FG? Anyone working on it?

Dakadin
December 3rd, 2022, 23:10
I stopped working on it when I left the ICE discord. I am hoping to start working on it again this weekend but there are no guarantees that it will get done at this point. Sorry about that.

esmdev
December 5th, 2022, 04:23
Sad news. Hopefully you will make headway.

Mansquatch62
December 5th, 2022, 12:57
Dak, if you are the one doing the RMU ruleset for FG, is there anything we can do to help? Maybe crit and weapon tables or something? I don't have the coding skills to help work on the ruleset, but I could manage doing tables and such.

Dakadin
December 5th, 2022, 17:11
Dak, if you are the one doing the RMU ruleset for FG, is there anything we can do to help? Maybe crit and weapon tables or something? I don't have the coding skills to help work on the ruleset, but I could manage doing tables and such.

Thanks. I appreciate it. I already have the attack and critical tables in and had it so it would adjust the attack table size automatically based on the attack and defender sizes. There have been a few CoreRPG and RMC updates since then so I need to see if that is still working properly.

RRFG
December 6th, 2022, 23:21
I have to say, looking at the RMU pdf, I'm not sold on it.

alloowishus
December 9th, 2022, 02:39
It will take a while to go through it, but at first glance it looks good.

I noticed that they changed Dwarf darkvision to 10'. I actually like this, but I wonder if my dwarven PC will complain if I change it my RMC game. :)

RRFG
December 10th, 2022, 05:21
I noticed that they changed Dwarf darkvision to 10'. I actually like this, but I wonder if my dwarven PC will complain if I change it my RMC game. :)

I read that too. I thought it was a typo, sort of like how Derro in AD&D were written to have a 3 foot infravision.

esmdev
December 10th, 2022, 15:07
I read that too. I thought it was a typo, sort of like how Derro in AD&D were written to have a 3 foot infravision.

It seems like 10' to 15' of darkvision is the norm across all of the races that have it. Probably easy enough to just house rule a different range. In my experience there's always someone with a torch to make it 0'. :)

Widukind
December 11th, 2022, 08:34
I hope, that RMU get a better Magic system like HARP.

Mansquatch62
December 12th, 2022, 14:53
Hey Dak, if you are still going to work on the RMU ruleset, could you put a 1 action phase option in there. 4 action phases and a recovery phase per round is ponderous when dealing with more than 2 players.

pendrake777
September 21st, 2023, 17:21
Has Fantasy Grounds support for Rolemaster Unified been released anywhere yet? I'm not finding anything but maybe my search skills are lacking LOL

deer_buster
September 22nd, 2023, 06:46
Has Fantasy Grounds support for Rolemaster Unified been released anywhere yet? I'm not finding anything but maybe my search skills are lacking LOLStill in development

Majyk
September 22nd, 2023, 19:38
I think Dakadin confirmed it might not be a thing until Creatures I is finalized, at least, nevermind the wait for II to be.
Strap in, heh. :)

deer_buster
October 1st, 2023, 03:13
I'd like to prepay for my RMU ruleset please. Kickstarter?

JohnD
October 1st, 2023, 03:55
I'd like to prepay for my RMU ruleset please. Kickstarter?

Yeah, I'd back that.