PDA

View Full Version : FG nooble question

Indivi_duel
December 5th, 2007, 01:12
hey there,

i'm kinda confused about the Full version features. i've been wanderign around here in the past. And never really got to get to think serious about purchasing FG. But since FG2 is out, the d20 Modern among other rulesets are finished, im kinda getting exited.

What i am wondering is, once purchased the full version. Can my version be used to, lets say, get some friends to play ? or do they need a FG version too ?

2nd: will FG2 be compatible with FG 1 ? Since some of the guys i know are still using FG 1.

And once purchased, it's only a downloadable version ?

sorry if these questions ahev been asked 2000 times before.

regards Indi

Griogre
December 5th, 2007, 05:19
1) Everyone who wants to play needs some version of FG either full or lite. To run you need a full version. There is no upgrade from lite to full so buy a full version if you ever think you are going to run.

2) FG2 is not compatible to FG1. FG1 and FG2 install side by side, however I don't think FG1 is still being sold. The only reason to still be using FG1 is because of some old ruleset because FG2 is much better than FG1 and was a free upgrade.

FG2 has an installer that requires a connection from the internet. The installer is downloaded from the store. I do believe Smiteworks may sell CDs also.

Indivi_duel
December 5th, 2007, 09:58
Thnx, Griogre

that helps :)

Valarian
December 5th, 2007, 10:06
I'm not sure ... but isn't RPGNow still selling the FG1 version?
(with the then free upgrade to FGII)

Griogre
December 6th, 2007, 01:54
That use to be true but I don't know if it still is, so I didn't say anything. I suspect they have updated to selling FG2 there, though.