PDA

View Full Version : New digital dice aren't shared? Disappointing.

Solidseq
November 19th, 2022, 11:55
As an Ultimate account holder I assumed that me buying them would make it available for all my players, based on every other thing I bought for FGU.
The fact its not turns it into feeling like a waste of money. Real shame, because they look cool. I'm surprised by the decision to make them non-sharable. As someone who has bought all the modules and backgrounds me and my free account players use it feels like it goes against what buying something on FGU should be.

Zacchaeus
November 19th, 2022, 12:23
You can find a Q&A here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?75528-Custom-Dice-are-now-available!&p=665935&viewfull=1#post665935

Remember that you can always get a refund if you aren't happy with your purchase.

damned
November 20th, 2022, 01:50
It does list it in the description. Yes it is a different model. See reasons in link.

These dice are digital only items for use within Fantasy Grounds Unity. Dice Packs are linked with individual users. Other connected players and Gamemasters will be able to see your dice roll on their screen for any non-hidden rolls, but Dice Packs are not sharable.

Solidseq
November 21st, 2022, 14:55
Remember that you can always get a refund if you aren't happy with your purchase.

I would much prefer that, but unfortunately I bought the pack through Steam and when I go to request a refund for the combination dice pack that had all of them in, it tells me I have used them for a whopping 767 hours (my total use time for FGU itself), and therefor am not eligible for a refund.

Nylanfs
November 21st, 2022, 16:01
Contact support anyway, they might be able to work with you. Smiteworks support that is, not Steam's.

LordEntrails
November 21st, 2022, 16:26
Perhaps if you contact Steam support directly they can look into it and make an exception.

Moon Wizard
November 21st, 2022, 18:12
Here's are typical answer from our support team when asked about Steam refunds. It sounds like you can escalate, if the automated refund is denied.

Regards,
JPG

Unfortunately, we don't have any ability to issue refunds on Steam. All requests for refunds will need to be sent through the process described below. The automated response will grant a refund if it meets all the criteria. You may need to escalate this with Steam if that is denied for any reason and explain the reasoning in more detail.

Link: https://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

Nylanfs
November 21st, 2022, 19:49
I would much prefer that, but unfortunately I bought the pack through Steam and when I go to request a refund for the combination dice pack that had all of them in, it tells me I have used them for a whopping 767 hours (my total use time for FGU itself), and therefor am not eligible for a refund.

I just re-read this. The Dice pack you bought RECENTLY, is using the total length of your game time instead of comparing the purchase and the refund date? That sounds like an issue. Wouldn't that mess up ALL DLC sales for every game?

Tizzysawr
November 22nd, 2022, 06:38
It does, and it's why refunding DLC on steam is incredibly annoying.

damned
November 22nd, 2022, 06:43
I just re-read this. The Dice pack you bought RECENTLY, is using the total length of your game time instead of comparing the purchase and the refund date? That sounds like an issue. Wouldn't that mess up ALL DLC sales for every game?

Yes. DLC is not generally refundable on Steam.

Jiminimonka
November 22nd, 2022, 23:22
As an Ultimate account holder I assumed that me buying them would make it available for all my players, based on every other thing I bought for FGU.
The fact its not turns it into feeling like a waste of money. Real shame, because they look cool. I'm surprised by the decision to make them non-sharable. As someone who has bought all the modules and backgrounds me and my free account players use it feels like it goes against what buying something on FGU should be.

The idea is players can "bring their own dice" to the table.