PDA

View Full Version : LF1P - Pathfinder 1E - Sunday Nights - Ironfang Invasion

Hoss
November 16th, 2022, 15:48
Hello everyone. Semi-long term group of good people that met/got together May 2021 for a campaign looking for 1 more player for an online Sunday night Pathfinder 1E campaign. After nearly 2 years of amazing gameplay from a randomly assembled group online we finally (and sadly) need to fill a spot.

Game details: UTC-05, start time 19:30 (7:30 PM) on Sunday nights. Typically we play approx. 3-4 hours. Schedule is 3 out of every 4 Sundays (I work shift work and as GM have to duck out 1 in 4 for my night shift).

Campaign Details: Here's the kicker. We are over the hump in an Ironfang Invasion campaign. To spare spoilers I will simply say we are at level 13 and the campaign will likely see level 20. For any veterans to the adventure path we are nearing the end of book 4.

Type of Game/Gameplay Details: As GM I am fairly laid back with how you want to build. Not many restrictions on characters.

I do prefer rolling attributes but understand the aversion and will compromise. I believe we started this one as rolling 7 sets of 4d6 (dropping lowest set and die). If you roll something you are not satisfied with you are more than welcome to make a deal with "Asmodeus". At the end of the day I want you to be happy with your character.

You will be coming in at WPL for a level 13 (A whopping 140,000gp). Per the 'rules', try not to spend more than 1/2 on any single item, and a balanced approach to weapons, armor and magic items. Obviously this is difficult to do for specific classes so we can talk about any major variances.

Recommended races: Dwarf and Humans will have minor in-game 'advantages'. Aside from that any core race is accepted as well as some standard at GM discretion. Obviously Hobgoblin will suffer significant in game disadvantages.

We have a healthy blend of RP and combat. We keep it light but each character has a tie into the campaign. Having local ties to one of the major players in the ongoing war will be vital. Weekly rewards in the form of a hero point for the following session are rewarded for session recaps and 'journal' entries. Party PVP is prohibited; I try to keep my games cohesive and co-operative. Obviously character debates and conflict arise but at the end of the day we all want to have fun OOC. This group is very laid back and friendly and we have had no problems with that despite in character disagreements.

Group disposition leans towards chaotic good and current party comp is: Wizard, Bloodrager/Dragon Disciple, Ranger/Vigilante and a Rogue/Shadow Dancer.

Potentially spoiler information ahead for Ironfang Invasion ahead:

All characters are somewhat local with ties to Nirmathas to keep them invested in a current war. The Dwarven Sky Citadel of Kraggodan is under siege by the militant nation of Molthune. The scattered city states of Nirmathas are rallying behind the guerilla forces of the Chernasardo Rangers to fight a swarming national invasion of a horde of Hobgoblins and monstrous mercenaries lead by the Ironfang Legion. Ties to Kraggodan, Molthune or Nirmathas will help significantly. I would like at least a bit of backstory on incoming characters and you can make it as involved or brief as you like. As the campaign is mid-way I can certainly help with this. You are a powerful person (level 13) and will have made ties to organizations or even nations at this point. You will likely be somewhat famous or infamous with a reputation.)

1) What are your motives. What has driven you to this point? Examples: Are you a Nirmathi patriot that rallied locals when the Invasion started and lead skirmishes against the Ironfang? Are you a Dwarven war hero that has battled hard against the relentless Molthune encampment? Are you a militant Molthune captain, having weathered the chill descent of winter into the Mindspin Mountains, keeping your men keen and alert against the stubborn Dwarven defenders. Even neighboring nations have caught wind of the struggles. Champions from Lastwall, adventurers from Varisia or mercenaries from the war torn holds of Belkzen may be arriving to help.

2) What ties you to this conflict? (Fairly necessary and hopefully more involved than gold / plunder. See above or PM me for more info or to bounce ideas). It will help to have something to drive you to see the current conflict resolved and some sort of loyalty to one group involved.

3) A few relatives, friends or even rivals or enemies. This helps me integrate you into the campaign and gives me a chance to add content / side plots.

---

If any of the above interests you and you would like to join up, send me a PM with a bit about yourself and any ideas you may have. I may not respond for a few hours. Obviously it will be difficult for newer players coming in at so high level but I am a long time GM and will gladly guide any interested parties in picking up PF1E (though I caution, if you really want to step in as a new player, it will required a bit of leg work on your end. High level Pathfinder can be a miasma of contradictions and confusion. I will help every step of the way though, as will all of the others in the group. You are in good hands!

Our next scheduled game is November 27th so you do have a bit of time to prepare! We play via Fantasy Grounds and Discord. Optionally I also run Syrinscape for some added ambiance but not required.

pmeade3
November 16th, 2022, 15:58
One additional rule: You're not allowed to make fun of the wizard.

WillowA113
November 16th, 2022, 17:02
I would like to join.

Gen Ironfist
November 16th, 2022, 21:01
You are indeed not allowed to make fun of the wizard. You need to get a license first, and some training from the rest of the crew. But don't you worry we will help you every step of the way.

pmeade3
November 17th, 2022, 15:32
You are indeed not allowed to make fun of the wizard. You need to get a license first, and some training from the rest of the crew. But don't you worry we will help you every step of the way.

No more licenses are available. They were only available for a limited time, and they all sold out. :-p