PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds Wish List

Valarian
December 4th, 2007, 14:32
This thread is to record Community Wish List items for the attention of the developers. It has come out of this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7528)
It is the hope that the thread can become the official area for the developers to pick up enhancement requests from the community.

Please add one item per post
Please add a title to your wish list item post
Please include a link to the community thread discussing the item
Please keep discussion of wish list items in a separate thread

Valarian
December 4th, 2007, 14:58
Please could we have Joshuha's double-click die rolling (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6015) included in the standard d20 ruleset and updates.
Ideally, the functionality would be attached to the following character sheet items:

Skill Totals
Initiative
Base Attack Totals
Save Totals

Valarian
December 4th, 2007, 15:02
Could we have the ability to register the additional player license keys with the Full version installed. If a player were to then connect with an unregistered Lite version, they would be allocated one of the license keys for the duration of the connection - up to the number of extra player licenses registered with the Full version.

The licenses should be kept as they are currently, except that a player license can be registered with a full version to allow an unregistered Lite version to connect. Players could still purchase their own Lite license, but the GM could also (if they wanted) purchase player licenses additional to their full license to act as floating licenses. The license structure would then be completely flexible and allow both ways of licensing the software.

If the option exists, I think that it would bring more people in to the product.

Discussed in this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3439)

richvalle
December 4th, 2007, 15:39
More functionality to the drawing tools in FG. Colors and line thickness would be a good start.

rv

richvalle
December 4th, 2007, 15:40
The ability to mask drawings/maps made inside FG.

rv

richvalle
December 4th, 2007, 15:42
The ability to create and save Combat Tracker's. Something via a tabbed Combat Tracker would work nicely and fit with how many things in FG already work.

rv

richvalle
December 4th, 2007, 15:43
Combat Tracker information SAVING while it is open. There is a bug right now where it does not unless you first exit the Combat Tracker and then doing a /save before exiting.

This is probably my biggest issue with FG right now.

rv

richvalle
December 4th, 2007, 15:43
It would be nice to be able to add tokens to FG while it is up and running like you can maps.

rv

richvalle
December 4th, 2007, 15:45
I know you guys (Dev's) have not been able to duplicate it... but my players still get hot key's to 0 out if they click on them with the mouse. This is probably their biggest issue with FG at the moment.

rv

richvalle
December 4th, 2007, 15:46
A better way to enter and track spells for NPC's.

rv

richvalle
December 4th, 2007, 16:08
(From players)

If, when your character sheet is open, clicking on your portrait again would bring it to the top from behind whereever it is hiding.

rv

richvalle
December 4th, 2007, 16:24
(From Players)

As the players are now 13th level and rising, tracking buffs and spells has become more of a challange. One player came up with the idea of a Buff page.

This would be close to the abilities page we have now. In it the players can right click and add a text entry and then create a modifire of +2 or whatever. There is also a O check box to toggle on or off.

So a player can create a list of the buffs they normally use: prayer, bard bonus, haste, divine power, ect, ect. As the powers get turned on they can check mark each one and use the modifier box to create hot keys.

This is especially usefull when a battle runs over more then one session.

rv

richvalle
December 4th, 2007, 16:26
(From player)

Rubber band drawing: where you click and it makes a line between there and the last place you clicked.

rv

Griogre
December 4th, 2007, 20:45
Change personalities sheet to mimic the latest stat block from WoTC. IE somthing like this:

Gwp CR1
Male Human Bard 1
CE Medium Humanoid
Init 1 (+1 Dex); Senses Listen +7, Spot +5
Languages Common, Gnome, Dwarven

AC 14 (light wooden shield, leather, +1 Dex), touch 11, flat-footed 13
hp 7 (1HD)
ASF 15%
Fort +1 Ref +3 Will +3

Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee mwk club +2 (1d6+1)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +0; Grp +1
Bard Spells learned (CL 1, +1 melee touch, +1 ranged touch)
0 (2/day)--detect magic, ghost sound (DC 13/W), lullaby (DC 13/W), summon instrument

Abilities Str 13, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 15, Wis 13, Cha 16
SQ bardic knowledge, bardic music 1/day (countersong +0, fascinate +1 and inspire courage +1)
Feats Alertness, Combat Reflexes
Skills Disguise +7 (+4 ranks, +3 cha), Heal +3 (+2 ranks, +1 wis), Hide +5 (+4 ranks, +1 dex), Listen +7 (+4 ranks, +1 wis, +2 alertness), Perform (Wind Instruments) +7 (+4 ranks, +3 cha), Sleight of Hand +5 (+4 ranks, +1 dex), Spellcraft +6 (+4 ranks, +2 int), Spot +5 (+2 ranks, +1 wis, +2 alertness), Swim +5 (+4 ranks, +1 str).
Possessions mwk leather, mwk light wooden shield, mwk club, 20 gp, 5 sp, 12 cp.

Personal Info: Background: Cat Burgler, Ht: 6', Wt: 176lbs, Hair: Black, Eyes: Blue, Age: 23.

Bardic Knowledge: Gwp may make a special bardic knowledge check with +3 bonus to see whether he knows some relevant information about local notable people, legendary items, or noteworthy places. Gwp may not take 10 or take 20 on this check; this sort of knowledge is essentially random.

Bardic Music (1/day): Gwp can use his song or poetics to produce magical effects on those around him (usually Including himself, if desired).Starting a bardic music effect is a standard action. Some bardic music abilities require concentration, which means he must take a standard action each round to maintain the ability. Even while using bardic music that doesn't require concentration, Gwp cannot cast spells, activate magic items by spell completion (such as scrolls), or activate magic items by magic word (such as wands). Just as for casting a spell with a verbal component, a deaf bard has a 20% chance to fail when attempting to use bardic music. If he fails, the attempt still counts against his daily limit.

richvalle
December 4th, 2007, 21:01
Being able to print a character sheet.

rv

Astinus
December 5th, 2007, 02:03
Being able to print a character sheet.

rv

And if possible, allow for players to print their server character before logging off.

Astinus
December 5th, 2007, 02:04
Wasn't there a script recently that re-arranged character portraits in initiative order? It would be nice to see that integrated in an update.

Astinus
December 5th, 2007, 02:06
The ability to create and save Combat Tracker's. Something via a tabbed Combat Tracker would work nicely and fit with how many things in FG already work.

rv

And the ability to merge combat trackers so the PC's could be added to each pre-prepared combat. If not a merge, a quick and easy way to add the PCs.

Hamish
December 5th, 2007, 10:23
Wasn't there a script recently that re-arranged character portraits in initiative order? It would be nice to see that integrated in an update.

Yes, here it is (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7511) (I made it, and I'm very proud of it! :D)

DNH
December 5th, 2007, 13:05
This is probably my biggest gripe about FG2. Currently, only the Master is able to manipulate the map. I do not mean that Players are unable to move their tokens about, target, draw, etc, but the framing and zoom level of the map is down to the DM only. Players are unable to shift the map focus or adjust the zoom level to their own individual needs, and I personally feel this is both a shame and a limitation. I play other games with other vtts (klooge and maptool) and player-side map manipulation there is everything you think it might be. I really do not understand why (admittedly speaking in almost complete ignorance on these matters) this is not possible in FG2.

Donna
December 7th, 2007, 14:18
Nothing major but would be nice:

I use the little check marks to keep track of what spells I have cast. When I rest it would be nice to have one button to uncheck all, rather than having to go through and uncheck them one by one.

Donna
December 7th, 2007, 14:22
Recently I had to move to a smaller monitor and half the windows I was opening in FG were off to the right and unretrievable.

I tried someone's suggestion of deleting a cache file, which worked but also deleted all of my many, many macros I'd created. (Luckily I'd only renamed the file and not deleted it.)

A "Reset Windows" function would be nice for such occasions.

Astinus
December 7th, 2007, 17:59
Not being able to use the numeric keypad to enter numbers drives me crazy, particularly when preparing NPC's and Personalities. Numbers are what the keypad is for. Do people really use windows shortcuts more than they use numbers?

So at the very least it would be great if we could toggle - some kind of hotkey - so we can choose between using the keypad for numbers or shortcuts.

DNH
December 10th, 2007, 13:23
The players have a very useful tool in that they are able to indicate which individual they are targeting, with a useful player-coloured halo appearing around that target. The GM/NPCs/monsters/etc do not have that possibility. At the very least, it is a good way of indicating who is attacking whom; there is also the possibility (modded ruleset ... private use ... automation restrictions ... blah blah) of having FG2 calculate whether or not the attack hits.

Please can we see this implemented then for the GM client, perhaps through the use of a reserved colour for the GM?

Thanks.

richvalle
December 10th, 2007, 14:26
A way to toggle a DR number on and off before dropping damage into the wounds box. The number will auto subtract from the amount of damage being dropped.

rv

NineShadowEyes
December 10th, 2007, 19:28
Ability to adjust the pen width! Please!

richvalle
December 10th, 2007, 20:21
Ability to adjust the pen width! Please!

Requested already! :)

Valarian, maybe you should go though and list everything already requested in the first post in a nice list?

rv

Moon Wizard
December 10th, 2007, 21:20
To expand on the targeting request, it would be great to have per token targeting which is persistent. Currently, only PCs can target, and the targeting is removed as soon as the client running the PC logs off.

Thanks,
JPG

Asgorath
December 11th, 2007, 09:27
A pdf manual.

Dachannien
December 11th, 2007, 10:45
Dear Santa,

Please bring me bug fixes for the issues reported in these threads:

Random graphical corruption/resource/memory leak bug
Handle leak, incorrect autosave path
Pointers and long text crashes
Combat tracker failure to save

There's cookies and milk in it for you. I know that's like crack for Santa, and you're gonna need a fix soon.

Griogre
December 11th, 2007, 18:06
I'm with Dachannien. While some new features would be cool, fixing module maps so the mask and drawings were remembered next session and maybe the crash that boots a client out when both the client and host delete a pointer at the same time would be great Chrismas presents.

Oberoten
December 14th, 2007, 07:33
Dear Santa... Please toss us some decent drawing tools? Like a line-tool, circles... and of course multi-layer drawing.

richvalle
December 14th, 2007, 13:43
Closing the Combat Tracker removes the round number and any condition set. These need to stick around for combats that last more then one session.

rv

richvalle
December 14th, 2007, 13:43
A non-lethal box for damage on npc's. Really needed for creatures that regenerate.

rv

Mellock
December 18th, 2007, 00:14
A far-fetched one for way down on the list: a co-DM feature.

Someone logging in as second DM instead of a player, and being able to set up the next encounter on the map and combat tracker,.... while you get on with the story.

FlatNineSharpFive
December 31st, 2007, 03:00
Yes! Better drawing tools! Especially better tablet support.

Since I'm a heavily improvisational GM, I prefer to map on the fly.

NineShadowEyes
January 6th, 2008, 03:20
Ping! It'd be nice for anyone to be able to click on an image/map and some little pingy thing shows everyone where that person clicked. Like the ping in the mini-map in Guild Wars.

Blue Haven
January 6th, 2008, 23:45
I know i´m late for this one lol :D i don´t know if anyone already said this but i want the function of kick player and toogle turn back on the program!!! why did you guys take this functions??? crap...lets kill Santa eh eh :D

Griogre
January 7th, 2008, 00:13
If toggle back turn means change back to a non current player then you can do this now by dragging and dropping the turn flag on the player you want to go.

I do miss the kick function. It was a good way of killing the time out before you can rejoin period.

Blue Haven
January 7th, 2008, 09:53
No i mean "Toggle Turn" when in a combat you wish to tell the players to act in FG1 you press the toggle turn and each player appears on the chat :) but in FG2 that doesn´t happen!!! they say to press "next actor" but its a lie nothing happens!!! that image on the library must be taken from a dream land...

Dachannien
January 7th, 2008, 11:32
No i mean "Toggle Turn" when in a combat you wish to tell the players to act in FG1 you press the toggle turn and each player appears on the chat :) but in FG2 that doesn´t happen!!! they say to press "next actor" but its a lie nothing happens!!! that image on the library must be taken from a dream land...

You have to drag each player character's portrait onto the combat tracker in order for this to work. If you just create a new entry on the tracker and type a character's name into it, FG won't show the flag icon when it gets to be that character's turn, because it won't know whether it's a player character or an NPC with that name. (NPCs' turns aren't displayed in the chat window.)

richvalle
January 7th, 2008, 12:13
True. This functionality is still in FG2.

Many times I have a bunch of npc's in the combat tracker ready for the next fight and then the party goes off in another direction and they don't do that fight. I leave them there, just in case, and add new bad guys for the fight that actually happens. When cycling though the init order when I get to the end of the fight I still have a bunch of entries at the end doing nothing. I keep clicking next and watch the chat window for the first character's name to show up and I know I'm back at the top of the init order (one of the character's has a high dex and Improved Init feat so has +8 to init. He goes first a lot. :) )

rv

Blue Haven
January 7th, 2008, 12:20
You have to drag each player character's portrait onto the combat tracker in order for this to work. If you just create a new entry on the tracker and type a character's name into it, FG won't show the flag icon when it gets to be that character's turn, because it won't know whether it's a player character or an NPC with that name. (NPCs' turns aren't displayed in the chat window.)

I have done that!!! nothing happens!!! :(

Blue Haven
January 7th, 2008, 13:31
Ok it worked :) but i get some errors...something about the armor class??!? i guess there is no problem, as long as it don´t crash the game... ;)
Thanks

Griogre
January 7th, 2008, 19:34
The next actor button (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide/combattracker.xcp) works fine for me with the default d20 ruleset.

Blue Haven
January 9th, 2008, 00:03
Sorry i know that this is not the right place to post but i have a problem with the combat tracker, because i use the D&D classic system, the AC values can be negative numbers but i guess the combat tracker its not prepared for that, so can you guys tell me anything so i may fix this?? because every time i drag and drop the character to the combat tracker it crashes saying nil value "ac" ??? so i presume that is because of the negative value of the AC :( can someone help me out...?
Thanks

Griogre
January 9th, 2008, 04:50
Nil usually means "no value at all". It seems unlikely it is Nil because of negative values. It sounds like you cut out the AC transfer to the combat tracker altogeather when you drag and drop the PCs and perhapse monsters onto the tracker or you are not setting the AC value(s) in the tracker. That's the code to check.

Blue Haven
January 9th, 2008, 09:49
can you explain how to do this?? i´m a noob on this...sorry :(

Griogre
January 9th, 2008, 19:26
I'm not qualified to tell you specifics, as I have not seen the code and don't have time to offer to mess with it. You might start a tread in the armory.

Griogre
January 9th, 2008, 19:28
Back on topic. I had a comment in my game yesterday it would be nice if there was a setting that allowed the DM and one Player to be the only ones to see a player's character. This would be used with invisible or otherwise hidden characters.

richvalle
January 9th, 2008, 21:14
Back on topic. I had a comment in my game yesterday it would be nice if there was a setting that allowed the DM and one Player to be the only ones to see a player's character. This would be used with invisible or otherwise hidden characters.

Ahhh, yes that WOULD be nice!

rv

Hamish
January 10th, 2008, 09:30
I think this could be implemented using a custom ruleset, I don't think this requires any changes in FG. When I have time, I'll have a look at it.

Had a look, and it should be possible. The difficult part is determining who should see the character's portrait and who shouldn't. I think I should be able to whip up something that lets you right click a character's portrait and set it as 'hidden', this option must then be stored in the database. Then in characterlist.lua (line 58 in the default d20 ruleset) the createControl command should only be executed if one of the following is true:
* The current player owns the character
* The current player is the host
* The character is not 'hidden'

If anyone wants this very bad, post here and I'll see if I can take this out of theory and into practice!

Griogre
January 11th, 2008, 02:19
I was more thinking about this on the map rather the rest of the interface.

Hamish
January 11th, 2008, 07:23
Okay..... I don't think that's possible now.

Dachannien
January 11th, 2008, 22:10
Hmm... what if you had separate code on the client side that determined whether a token was owned by the player using that client, and set the token to be visible there rather than setting it on the host?

It may not work - the client may ignore any token visibility settings that it doesn't get from the host - but it's the only possible way I could think of that would maybe work.

Burious
January 19th, 2008, 07:26
1) Campaign Cartographer type map creation software within Fantasy grounds. I know the software already exists but still this market is barely touched only else by a few small groups. I think the addition of a map editor would be an asset to the game.

2) Was thinking it would be nice to have some type of support from the DM's out there that would be willing to take in characters from other adventures so us players could have chars that go on longer then a short campaign. Possibly another column added to the calender saying (willing to accept chars [yes][no])

Ravennst
January 21st, 2008, 02:21
I tried to add 20 arrows to my inventory sheet. 20 arrows weighs 3 lbs according to the PHB, so each arrow weighs .15 lbs. Unfortunately, you can't put in anything less than 1 lbs since it only allows inputs of numbers, not decimals or zeros as the first digit. You can put in 1.5 lbs, just not .5 lbs or 0.5 lbs.

Ravennst
January 21st, 2008, 02:30
I would love to have the ability to access the character portraits stored on the DM's side just like the players can on theirs so that the DM can use them as tokens for NPCs. The current workaround is to copy the portraits directory into the tokens directory... that's a big headache and really clutters up the tokens box.

I'd also prefer them to show up round instead of square like the players.

Necrosaro
January 21st, 2008, 02:55
It'd be neat if there were a system to handle your starting skill points, based on class, during character creation. IE: maybe a dialog box where you put in your race, class, and int and it spits out a # for you, which automatically goes down as you use them. It would definitely speed up creations quite a bit.

Griogre
January 21st, 2008, 04:04
Sadly, the calculation of skill points is prohibited by the OGL. There are several good character generators: Heroforge an excel one and there is always PC Gen (though I always feel I can make character faster by hand with that one - but you can do *anything* with it).

Griogre
January 21st, 2008, 04:11
I tried to add 20 arrows to my inventory sheet. 20 arrows weighs 3 lbs according to the PHB, so each arrow weighs .15 lbs. Unfortunately, you can't put in anything less than 1 lbs since it only allows inputs of numbers, not decimals or zeros as the first digit. You can put in 1.5 lbs, just not .5 lbs or 0.5 lbs.
It is possible to input decimals for weights. The irony of me telling you that, you won't understand - until you know I made the same complaint. :p You have to type 0.X rapidly. I personaly almost never type numbers on the normal keyboard, I usually input numbers with the numeric keypad so I found my hunt and peck decimals were being input too slow until I was told - you have to type fast... Some find it easier to type 1.X and then roll the mouse down once which will change the 1.X to 0.X.

Skarlix
January 21st, 2008, 10:48
I dream to use Fantasy grounds on Linux :p

AndyPan
January 21st, 2008, 21:39
I'd like to see the ability to attach one token to another. This would have a great many uses:

- Attach a height marker token to a player or monster token to show flight (or a spell effect, like spider climb).
- Moving the party as a group incertain instances.
- Marking spell or other effects on a still-mobile character (ie. won't need a marker on a character who has sleep cast on them, but on a character who is on fire could benefit from this)
- Allow the use of vessels or mounts.

I'm sure there are pther uses for this, but this is just a small sampling of the areas I could personally see this ability used.

jthm0138
January 23rd, 2008, 18:17
I'd like to see the ability to attach one token to another. This would have a great many uses:

- Attach a height marker token to a player or monster token to show flight (or a spell effect, like spider climb).
- Moving the party as a group incertain instances.
- Marking spell or other effects on a still-mobile character (ie. won't need a marker on a character who has sleep cast on them, but on a character who is on fire could benefit from this)
- Allow the use of vessels or mounts.

I'm sure there are pther uses for this, but this is just a small sampling of the areas I could personally see this ability used.

I agree, I would like to see this implemented as well, even tho it means I am going to have to make a bunch of new tokens, and redo a bunch of old ones.

Vroomfogle
January 23rd, 2008, 21:12
A few items in here that are all related.

Better interface for dice that allows easier customization for non d20 games.....such as method of hiding dice or some sort of dice bag that holds dice until they are put on the 'table'

Better percentile dice. Currently the 1's percentile die goes from 1 to 10 rather then 0 to 9 meaning that 80 and 10 is 90, rather then 90 and 0. A 100 should be two 0's, not a 90 and a 10.

Also when rolling percentiles they show up on the chat window with the 1's die first and the 10's second. So if you roll a 42 the dice show up as 2 and 40.

Native percentile on table rather then radial menu item from the 10's die.

Vroomfogle
January 23rd, 2008, 21:14
Option to automatically display sum of dice (rather then a radial menuitem)

Mellock
February 6th, 2008, 14:30
A slightly different way of logging in as a player:
- A "new" and "edit" and "delete" button beneath the session history listbox
-Making the "new" button pops up a new form, which lets you fill in your own name for the game (Bob's Eberon Game), your username, the alias, IP, and password.
-Having the session history display username@customnameforgame instead of the username@alias.

Carlos
February 6th, 2008, 15:49
A player may associate multiple PC's with their session, each of them creating a portrait above the chat box.

The DM should be able to do the same thing, allowing the DM to play a PC that is missing from the session.

When NPC's join your party it is also nice to see them as portraits.

Carlos
February 6th, 2008, 15:53
Create multiple layers on the map, either a static set or dynamic number.
The layers have a Z-axis depth ranging from below to above.
Allow the DM to choose between layers.
Allow the DM to put tokens on different layers.
Tokens overlap according to Z-axis depth.
If a layer is active, then the DM can move tokens from that layer only.
Allow multiple layers to be active.
This allows you to stack tokens.

Addtionally allow a "group" move of tokens. This has been mentioned before in another post e.g. Highlight a group of tokens and move them as a group.

Griogre
February 8th, 2008, 05:15
Players should be able to target tokens on the map that are not in the combat tracker. Right now if a token is not linked to the Combat Tracker the players can not click and get the targeting circle around it. I don't like putting large numbers of vanilla low lifes on the tracker just so players can target them.

richvalle
February 8th, 2008, 18:09
Ahh, good one Griogre! Yes, I'm running into that issue as well.

rv

Moon Wizard
February 8th, 2008, 18:26
Related to Griogre's targeting, it would be nice to be able to be able to get a list of all targets that a given icon is targeting. There are functions to find out who is targeting an icon, but not who an icon is targeting.

Then, perhaps a ruleset could be built to allow a user to specify a target, so that you can automate certain aspects. (Check attacks vs. AC, apply damage to target, roll saves for spells, etc.)

Cheers,
JPG

Sigurd
February 8th, 2008, 18:40
I'd like a reply from Smite Works to this sort of thing. Until then it feels like grains of rice into a portable hole.

sigurd

joshuha
February 8th, 2008, 19:00
I have replied in another thread that nearly all of these issues have been submitted to the tracker for feature requests and are being prioritized and worked on.

Once they get closer to release I can say which ones will be included in each upcoming patch and any implementation details that I can relay.

Sigurd
February 8th, 2008, 19:17
Thanks for the reply. Definately a step in the right direction.

74 messages and over a thousand views deserve some sort of recognition\comment. Even a 'Thank you for this and this idea!" would be great or 'this is completly impossible, sorry.

Sigurd

aPown
February 13th, 2008, 14:30
How about localization (the program itself)?

Would be great for players who speak other languages natively than english… :)

Master
February 13th, 2008, 15:14
Thanks for the reply. Definately a step in the right direction.

74 messages and over a thousand views deserve some sort of recognition\comment. Even a 'Thank you for this and this idea!" would be great or 'this is completly impossible, sorry.

Sigurd

They have already stated that they read just about every post on the forums. They cant reply to every thread though or all their time would be focused on the forum instead of programming for the software.

Sigurd
February 13th, 2008, 16:09
They have already stated that they read just about every post on the forums. They cant reply to every thread though or all their time would be focused on the forum instead of programming for the software.
The website helps a lot of customers. More dialogue with the programmers would be a great improvement. If they are reading so many forum posts it would be encouraging if they responded occaisionally - nothing overly burdensome.

sigurd

joshuha
February 13th, 2008, 20:28
The website helps a lot of customers. More dialogue with the programmers would be a great improvement. If they are reading so many forum posts it would be encouraging if they responded occaisionally - nothing overly burdensome.

sigurd

I believe that what I am trying to accomplish here and hope that aspect is getting better. I do read every post that comes across this forum and help out where I can.

As I mentioned earlier almost every request on this thread and others are in the tracker and some have been evaluated and are being worked on. Others have been put aside for further design, and a few have been put on hold (but not discounted).

However, until I can gather a total target and whats realistic for the next patch I don't have much to communicate on which features are coming when. I can tell you right now that some bug fixes are getting higher priority but that doesn't mean features aren't being worked on as well.

Malken
February 14th, 2008, 04:56
Perhaps more room for more classes? 4 or 5 in total? 3 is kind of low for hybrid characters, fighter/mages, etc...Even neverwinter nights 2 I believe has room for 4.

Ghoti
February 14th, 2008, 18:13
It would be nice to see a more versatile version of the /day and /night commands that could be used to put an arbitrarily hued mood lighting on the tabletop.. something along the lines of /mood <color code> where the color code might be something like ff0000 for red, 00ff00 for green, 0000ff for blue (basically providing an HTML color code for the paramater).

joshuha
February 14th, 2008, 19:01
This is something I could probably whip out in about 10 minutes.

There is an Interface.setLighitng command and you could tie that in to your own slash handler function that would pass your parameters in there. Although /mood is currently taken for the mood type speeches.

Ghoti
February 15th, 2008, 07:56
This is something I could probably whip out in about 10 minutes.

There is an Interface.setLighitng command and you could tie that in to your own slash handler function that would pass your parameters in there. Although /mood is currently taken for the mood type speeches.

Ah, of course /mood would be taken. That's what I get for trying to finish a thought before dashing off to work :) /lighting or practically any other apropos word would work just as well, of course.

If you happen to take the time to knock this code out, I would love to see it as it seems to be a relatively simple modification, and I do my best learning by looking as increasingly complex code :)

Valarian
February 15th, 2008, 13:08
I've looked and I can't believe this hasn't been raised already. I can't see it though.

I think that Fantasy Grounds could really do with a graphical IDE (integrated development environment) tool for building a character sheet ruleset in the style of Eclipse or Visual Studio. There is some community effort such as RuleForge (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7499&highlight=open+source), but an official FGII Designer product from SmiteWorks would be appreciated.

The tool would include:
- a WYSIWYG designer for character sheets and combat trackers with drag and drop sheet objects and properties displayed for each object, including valid script sections for event triggers
- a theme designer, allowing you to assign images on your PC to the various desktop items and buttons.
- integrate the font designer so you can assign a font on your PC to a FGII font type
- custom dice editor to allow us to easily create more than just the basic dice (i.e. dice that count successes over a difficulty number, exploding dice, hit location dice etc.)

Personally, I see this as a separate saleable product rather than part of FGII itself. I'd certainly spend another $30 to $40 to purchase something that helps and guides me through the process of ruleset building / customisation.

-------------------
As an afterthought, are there any people out in the FG community with experience of the Eclipse IDE framework? Eclipse already does a lot of the things described in it's capacity as a Java coding tool. If the IDE could be leveraged via a set of plugins to generate FGII code, that may be a quick(er) win.

Astinus
February 15th, 2008, 17:47
I've looked and I can't believe this hasn't been raised already. I can't see it though.

I think that Fantasy Grounds could really do with a graphical IDE (integrated development environment) tool for building a character sheet ruleset in the style of Eclipse or Visual Studio. There is some community effort such as RuleForge (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7499&highlight=open+source), but an official FGII Designer product from SmiteWorks would be appreciated.

Something like this will be increasingly critical as 4e arrives. With the prospect of no online 4e SRD, the sort of customization you're talking about could be the very thing to ensure that FG2 survives and prospers.

Sigurd
February 16th, 2008, 04:29
I would like rolls taken from a particular character sheet to display in the chatlog as from that sheet not from the active player.

So I am speaking as Florence Nightingale but I pull an attack from Yobbo's sheet it shows as yobbo's attack.

If i set up a skill from Yobbo's sheet in the modifier, It recognises yobbo's roll not florence's.

Sigurd.

Valarian
February 16th, 2008, 09:27
I would like rolls taken from a particular character sheet to display in the chatlog as from that sheet not from the active player.
Seconded, but also reading the GM's hide roll option. Sometimes I want to make a roll for a player without the knowing the result.

grimm182
February 16th, 2008, 15:09
I would like to be able to take all my pcs/npcs/monster and dump them into a side list in the combat tracker. then i could place all thier initial rolls in there. when a combat comes up, i switch to this side list and checkmark all involved in the current combat and that will populate my combat tracker quickly.

Im very new to this but had the idea, its possible there are better ways. :)

unknown005
February 16th, 2008, 20:01
i'd also love to see some auto rolling stuff. combat could go so much faster if it would grab modifiers and roll for you...

jthm0138
February 16th, 2008, 21:19
I would love to see a new board created for the Fantasy Grounds Wish List.
This thread is getting long, cluttered, and hard to sort through.

Oberoten
February 16th, 2008, 22:53
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=54933#post54933

New-Thread

Rhenny
December 17th, 2017, 04:36
For D&D 5e - Proficiency dice option rather than fixed proficiency bonus.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41525-Proficiency-Dice-Option-Rather-than-Fixed-Proficiency-Bonus

This is a huge wish for me and my group.

Zacchaeus
December 17th, 2017, 09:06
You can simulate this now by creating an effect on the PC. As an example use ATK: [-PRF]; ATK: 1d4. You would need to set up similar effects for all relevant things such as skill checks, ability checks, etc.

Trenloe
December 17th, 2017, 16:38
Closing this thread. The FG wishlist is here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/