PDA

View Full Version : Pce chart form RMC wrong?

micael
November 15th, 2022, 13:06
Hi Dakadin,

in the combat tracker the following is shown,that even a monster with no weight pen at all starts with routine roll at pace 1,5- in rules he should roll at routine with *3 sprint:

Any idea why?
Thanks
Micael

micael
November 15th, 2022, 13:08
Thats not dependent if I use FRPG ext. I tried it with RMC and FRPG. It was irritating for all of my players yesterday- they were thinking it was because of weight pen, but all players had this formular shown.
Thanks
Micael

Dakadin
November 15th, 2022, 18:26
Hi Micael,

RMC is using the pace chart from Arms Law and that is how the paces are set. 55125

I am not sure if the RMFRP extension overwrites those values or not.

Dakadin

micael
November 15th, 2022, 20:49
Hi Dakadin,

thanks for the info- is this the same table as Rolemaster classics? I thought they have changed yours to the one I posted later on?
No, FRPG is not overwriting it- should do, but Arden is really overworked and donīt know when he will have time to change such a really important thing;-( Do you know if there is any Spellpenaltys for ESM if essence users carrying to much non living items with them? Any table where the special "penalties" are added in FGU?
Thanks
Micael

micael
November 15th, 2022, 20:52
Hi Micael,

RMC is using the pace chart from Arms Law and that is how the paces are set. 55125

I am not sure if the RMFRP extension overwrites those values or not.

Dakadin

I saw you had a special extension for pace somehow- can we change this to the raw of RMC/FRPG pace chart and ad it as mod file somehow?

Dakadin
November 15th, 2022, 22:03
Hi Micael,

If you are willing to go through the different RM versions and find the pace difficulties then I will setup an option so that the GM can choose which pace version they want to use.

Dakadin

micael
November 15th, 2022, 22:30
HI Dakadin,

this one are charts from FRPG:

micael
November 15th, 2022, 22:34
HI Dakadin,
this one is from Campaign Law 1989 1.ed Rolemaster

Thanks
Micael

micael
November 15th, 2022, 22:40
HI Dakadin,

this one is from Rolemaster Classic Campaign Law 2006

Thanks
Micael

micael
November 15th, 2022, 22:45
Hi Dakadin,

and this one is from RMSS:

That should be all editions- RMU is only in beta? Anyway the pace chart looks so different that I canīt translate it- you need to read the whole text around to understand what is the meaning of the numbers in it.

Thanks
Micael

Dakadin
November 16th, 2022, 01:22
Thanks. I found 4 different pace difficulty options when looking through my books. RM1/RM2/RMC use one. RMFRP/RMSS use another one. Then there are optional rules in RM Companion IV section 3.1 and RM Companion VI section 8.6. I will include those 4 options and default to the RMC version.

micael
November 16th, 2022, 11:24
Thanks, thats very nice- but RMSS/FRPG also use an weight penalty dependent difficulty setting- (See file two in my FRPG mail)- could this also be added or manually be triggered somehow?
Thanks
Micael

Dakadin
November 16th, 2022, 17:06
It is only a RMSS/RMFRP rules so I won't be adding it to the RMC ruleset. To manually handle it just use the modifier stack in the bottom left to add the appropriate modifier. Then when rolling it will include the modifier. If it is forgotten before the roll, then when it is resolved in the table resolver, it can be manually added to the list of modifiers by the GM.

micael
November 17th, 2022, 00:42
Is it the same if you use a modifier on the MM Table or another row which has hard or medium on top? I donīt think so.
Thanks
Micael

Dakadin
November 17th, 2022, 00:54
Unfortunately, I don't know how that rule works since I have only played RMSS/RMFRP a few different times. I've spent most of my time playing RM2/RMC.

As the GM you can select another column or row in the table resolver and it will adjust to use that result. Just click the column or row header to select it. Will that do what you need?

micael
November 17th, 2022, 10:29
UNfortunately the GM have to look at the weight penalty of each player then and give everybody his own difficulty dependent on his weight pen. With 0 weight pen the difficulty routine starts with x3 sprint going up one each step as shown in the standard pace FRPG table..
With 101 weight pen the difficulty for x1 walk is already medium and all other paces are no longer possible.
So if you donīt put this table into automatic calculation (what I could understand since you never will use it), perhaps you can pool all the weight penalties of all players in one place (party sheet, or table resolver extra button) und just post this pace limitation table next to it in FGU? Then it would be much quicker for the GM to access all infos?
Thanks Micael

JohnD
November 17th, 2022, 14:44
I wonder if this would be something that could be added to the Party Sheet? A Max Pace box? The GM could just look at it and then know the difficulty to assign based on a quick reference of the appropriate chart.

I guess you'd need information from the armor worn and the weight penalty including all equipment. Maybe a phyrric amount of work... not sure. :)