PDA

View Full Version : Could not complete login

terrell
December 4th, 2007, 02:32
I am trying to host a session (my first hosting) and my players are getting the following dialog box when connecting to my PC. "Could not complete login. Check your network setting." All my players get that dialog box. I do not have a password set for the campaign. I have port 1802 open on my end. I am using Hughes Net satelite (who swears the block no ports). I have a static IP from them. Removed the router from the mix earlier. Disabled virus protection. Shut down firewall. At wits end now... Help...

Griogre
December 4th, 2007, 20:35
I don't see anything about you fowarding port 1802 to you computer. That could be it, or your firewall is blocking your port. You should go to www.pcflank.com and do an advanced port scan of 1802 on your computer after you start FG to see if the port is open. Shutting down a firewall does not open ports in a modern firewall - you need to configure it. Also both your computer and every piece of hardware between your computer and the internet usually have firewalls and they *all* need to be configured.

You might have problems with a satalite setup.

terrell
December 5th, 2007, 02:05
I had the port forwarded from my router to my computer when the router was in the mix. When it was just PC and modem they still got the same message. pcflank says I am stealthed. Even scanning for only 1802. I will pull the router & firewall out and give it a try to see if it falls back on the satalite. Thanks!

Hamish
December 5th, 2007, 10:09
Don't know if this is what you mean when you say you disabled your firewall, but have you disabled your Windows firewall as well?