PDA

View Full Version : D20 Modern?

Beany081
December 3rd, 2007, 21:31
Hey Ive started playing RPGs on FG2 recently but ive started to miss D20 Modern games anyone know if theres any rulesets for it out there somewhere?

Blahness98
December 3rd, 2007, 23:50
From what I know, Digital Adventures is converting their 1.05 ruleset over to FG 2. But, Mr. Ironrock can probably say more about that. Otherwise, I have only seen a modern reskin, not much else.

Thore_Ironrock
December 4th, 2007, 00:20
From what I know, Digital Adventures is converting their 1.05 ruleset over to FG 2. But, Mr. Ironrock can probably say more about that. Otherwise, I have only seen a modern reskin, not much else.

Mr. Ironrock? Is my dad here?

We're nearly done with the conversion, just trying to work around a small coding issue at the moment and finish the graphics. All the content is completed, and as soon as we have the above two issue resolved it will be done. I'm thinking sometime in early January.

Thanks for the interest!

Blahness98
December 4th, 2007, 03:37
Yeah, I called you Mr. Ironrock cause I forgot how to spell your name.. :o

Beany081
December 4th, 2007, 16:04
K thanks guys hope you finish soon then Ironrock.

VgnFrnd
December 7th, 2007, 00:26
Yes, please. I would really really really like to buy the modern ruleset yesterday. :)

jthm0138
January 8th, 2008, 03:51
Post removed by user

Thore_Ironrock
January 8th, 2008, 12:54
*Coughs* Its early January.. :-)
We can haz ruleset now?

We are working out some last minute kinks in the code. It should be done shortly.

jthm0138
January 8th, 2008, 14:12
Post removed by user.

jikito
January 16th, 2008, 23:12
This is one ruleset im looking forward to.

Thore_Ironrock
January 16th, 2008, 23:35
We are nearly done. Just a few more tweaks. Here is a teaser screenshot for everyone. :)

https://www.digitaladventures.net/MSRD_Screenshot.png

Thanks!

eyegore
January 16th, 2008, 23:55
Looks fantastic Ironrock. I am looking forward to the release of the Modern Ruleset so that I can play some of the Modernesque D20 games like MonteCooks World of Darkness and Chthulhu D20. Much easier to adapt to the modern Ruleset then the SRD version.

Accolades for the work.

Blue Haven
January 17th, 2008, 11:20
Wonderful!!! Nice Job Ironrock :)

Maslow
January 19th, 2008, 00:38
Looks fantastic Ironrock. I am looking forward to the release of the Modern Ruleset so that I can play some of the Modernesque D20 games like MonteCooks World of Darkness and Chthulhu D20. Much easier to adapt to the modern Ruleset then the SRD version.

I'd like to try out "World of Darkness". If anyone starts a WoD campaign, let me know. I hope this new d20 Modern ruleset will help.

Valarian
January 19th, 2008, 09:09
World of Darkness uses White Wolf's storytelling system, not d20. This system uses rolling number of d10, each die scoring against a difficulty number for a total number of successes or failures. The more successes, the better the result.

For this system, you'd need die fields to hold the die pool for the stat or skill and The Box to hold a die pool to roll (you can mix stats and skills depending on the situation).

eyegore
January 19th, 2008, 10:48
Just to point you in the direction of World of Darkness for D20. Yes that is D20...

Monte Cooks World of Darkness (https://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=50229) - all your vampire goodness in the D20 package. Not for the purests out there but it does mean a very easy adaptation to the SRD in the basic download of FG2.

dittotb
February 6th, 2008, 19:53
I was just wondering if there are any more screen shots to show us and how close are you to completing it?
BTW I think that your SRD was excellent. Keep up the great work!

Doswelk
February 7th, 2008, 14:02
Indeeed!

I've have just (14:00 GMT) finished fixing all the bugs we found in the modules during play testing, thus not much longer to wait now....

Not an updated screen shot the graphics have not changed since Kevin posted one, but I will "leak" some information about the character sheet:

MSRD supports up to five classes, for each of these classes you can specify whether the class is an fx class. When you add a class to the character sheet it defaults to being a non-fx class, if this class uses fx then you right mouse button to bring up a FX menu, from here you can select None, Magic or Psionics. This will add the class to the correct tab on the fx page.

Instead of a spells tab there is a fx tab. On the fx tab you have two buttons to allow you to switch between spells and psionics, classes are only displayed on the correct tab.

Juzzman
February 8th, 2008, 06:28
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what D20 Modern products does the MSRD cover? Is it just the main rulebook, or does it also cover Urban Arcana, Future, Cyberscape, and any of the other official books?

Juz

Doswelk
February 8th, 2008, 16:39
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what D20 Modern products does the MSRD cover? Is it just the main rulebook, or does it also cover Urban Arcana, Future, Cyberscape, and any of the other official books?

Juz

It covers the Modern Systems Reference Document (https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd)

So that's most of Rulebook, Urban Arcana, Future and Menace Manual.

jthm0138
February 12th, 2008, 05:50
Post removed by user

Thore_Ironrock
February 13th, 2008, 12:58
We will have it for sale in the next few days, following a few last minute changes.

Sorry for the wait.

Thore_Ironrock
February 17th, 2008, 04:07
As promised:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7940

Honduras
March 4th, 2008, 06:24
Now, it's a shame I can't buy it... Paypal you know...

jthm0138
March 4th, 2008, 12:42
Post removed by user

darthfrodo
March 4th, 2008, 16:46
What have you done to incur the "wrath-O'-PayPal"?
Darth Frodo

jthm0138
March 4th, 2008, 17:16
Post removed by user

darthfrodo
March 4th, 2008, 17:31
::gasp, blush::
lol

Griogre
March 4th, 2008, 19:34
Now, it's a shame I can't buy it... Paypal you know...
I'm pretty sure RPGNow.com takes credit cards.

mearrin69
March 16th, 2008, 03:12
Forgive me if I missed this somewhere but: If I buy this does the rest of my group need it too as players or can they connect as players and get what they need?

Thanks for the help!
M

Honduras
March 16th, 2008, 09:03
Yes, all your players will have the ruleset available to them, but only be able to use it when they're on your server.