PDA

View Full Version : 5E Earth Elemental Tremorsense

Bonkon
November 3rd, 2022, 21:48
Good Day All :)
I am curious how people are doing this. A Wizard in the group conjured an Earth Elemental, which has Tremorsense 60' (Already on the NPC sheet, I looked on the Wiki and do not see that as a vision option). A darkness spell was cast and the elemental could not see anything. Since the description says:

Earth elementals glide through rock and earth as though they were liquid. Earthbound creatures have much to fear from an earth elemental, since the elemental can pinpoint the precise location of any foe that stands on solid ground in its vicinity.

How would you justify the tremorsense on the map/CT? I was thinking of using Blindsight 60 and just make sure in theater of the mind that if a creature was not in contact with the ground it would be invisible to the elemental.

Thanks for any assistance. :)

Zacchaeus
November 3rd, 2022, 22:08
Tremorsense isn't something which has been added in the 5e (or indeed any) ruleset. So whatever workaround you want works. I just theatre of the mind stuff like this.

LordEntrails
November 3rd, 2022, 22:39
Blindsight or Truesight work. And then you just have to roleplay any creatures that are flying or not otherwise touching the ground (i.e incorporeal).

Bonkon
November 5th, 2022, 05:29
Good Day Zacchaeus and LordEntrails :)
Thanks for the quick reply, it was what I was thinking but just wanted to make sure sine the NPC sheet showed Tremorsense. :)