PDA

View Full Version : Error

DodjerArtfell
November 1st, 2022, 22:25

Trenloe
November 1st, 2022, 22:28
Please compile your log files and post them here. Details on how to do that can be found in this Wiki article: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1242136781/How+to+Compile+Logs

Edit: A frequent cause of errors is mismatched/incompatible extensions. Disable all extensions and see if you get the error. But I think your issue is being caused by running an older application executable with the recently released code - the log files will indicate if this is the case.

Sulimo
November 1st, 2022, 23:53
I'm going to guess it's the FRP extension that is being used. According to the Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/211/view) it was last updated 30 days ago. It's probably not been updated for the new Dice skins, the file in the error message diceskins.lua seems to bear this out.

Everything else looks like the right versions (I do not use FRP, so I am not sure about that version).

From the Forge:
https://i.imgur.com/D0s1dZw.png

I'm sure Ardem will get to it as soon as he is able.

Trenloe
November 2nd, 2022, 00:29
I'm going to guess it's the FRP extension that is being used. According to the Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/211/view) it was last updated 30 days ago. It's probably not been updated for the new Dice skins, the file in the error message diceskins.lua seems to bear this out.

Everything else looks like the right versions (I do not use FRP, so I am not sure about that version).
The reason I'm leaning towards the application being an older version is that the error message is using the older error format (doesn't include the ruleset or extension of the file raising the error). Best for the OP to provide their log files so we can know for sure.

Sulimo
November 2nd, 2022, 00:44
You are probably right; looking at the size of the dice, they look like the pre 4.3 versions (smaller).

Dakadin
November 2nd, 2022, 03:54
And the dice don't include the d100 die that got added.

DodjerArtfell
November 2nd, 2022, 18:44
Please compile your log files and post them here. Details on how to do that can be found in this Wiki article: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1242136781/How+to+Compile+Logs

Edit: A frequent cause of errors is mismatched/incompatible extensions. Disable all extensions and see if you get the error. But I think your issue is being caused by running an older application executable with the recently released code - the log files will indicate if this is the case.

Thank you! I sent the logs to customer support this am as per the instructions.

DodjerArtfell
November 2nd, 2022, 18:47

I opened again without frp extension and had the same result. Earlier in the week, the program worked ok and showed the new dice. I hit the update again just before this occurred yesterday however.

Trenloe
November 2nd, 2022, 18:50
It will be quicker and easier if you post the logs in this thread.

Everything is pointing to you having an older version of the FantasyGrounds.exe application, but us seeing the logs will allow us to confirm that.

DodjerArtfell
November 2nd, 2022, 21:49
Hey, yeah I tried that first, however, the window would not accept the zip file I tried to drop into it.

Moon Wizard
November 2nd, 2022, 21:57
You can't drag and drop files into the forum file uploader; you have to use the Choose File button.

Regards,
JPG

DodjerArtfell
November 2nd, 2022, 21:58
So this is strange. On a whim, I opened FG and clicked check updates even though the border was not red. I opened without the extension and it worked, closed it and received the error, went back in and checked for updates then opened without the extension, it worked. Closed it and reopened and received the error again. Opened and checked for updates and with extension again and it worked. On the occasions it works, the new dice and menu to the left are present. When the errors occur, it's as in the previous pic with no dice and no menus....

Moon Wizard
November 2nd, 2022, 22:08
It sounds like you have two different installations of FG on your machine. Your desktop shortcut is probably pointing to the old version; and the updater reads the new version from the settings.

You'll need to update your desktop shortcut to point to the same directory as the one shown in the FG Settings.

Regards,
JPG

DodjerArtfell
November 3rd, 2022, 15:09

Thanks all. Understood. Figured it out. Hope this helps.

Moon Wizard
November 3rd, 2022, 16:09
Did you figure out if the shortcut you use to start FG has the same path as the FG Settings Application Folder setting?

The console.log in the logs you posted are v4.2.2; but the latest version is v4.3.0. This lends support to the theory that you have multiple install locations, and your shortcut is pointing to old one. This can happen if you move/rename the installation location and/or shortcut file.

Regards,
JPG

DodjerArtfell
November 3rd, 2022, 17:40
Ah ok. Could be. I hadn't played much for several months and had many updates. I wandered around in the files and see multiple folders both in FantasyGrounds folders and Smiteworks folders. Seems I need to get rid of some? Is there a step by step walkthrough?

Moon Wizard
November 3rd, 2022, 18:24
Right click on the shortcut that you use to start FG, and see which directory it is pointing to.
Open FG Settings, and see which directory that one is pointing to.

Then, fix the FG shortcut to point to the directory specified in the FG Settings.
Finally, delete the directory that the that the shortcut used to point to.

Make sure that the version number of FG when you launch via your shortcut link shows v4.3.0.

Regards,
JPG

DodjerArtfell
November 3rd, 2022, 22:49
Thanks. Yep that was it. Folders were a mess. I had 2 Old FG Folders and 4 Smiteworks folders. Down to just the one Smiteworks now and it seems to be ok.