PDA

View Full Version : Forum use questions

Felderburg
November 1st, 2022, 15:55
Hello, I have some questions about the forums:

How do I get notifications when a post is made in a thread I'm following/subscribed to? I never see notifications in the top right for this, even though when I go to the board it shows that a thread has new posts. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage indicates that I should be able to do something in settings to get emails, but seems to indicate the website-based notifications are for stuff like friend requests. How do I get notifications on the actual forums website that a thread I've subscribed to has new posts?
I've googled various FG topics, and some of the forums results give a permission error. As far as I know I'm registered properly; if I see that error, do I need to email the address listed? Are there secret forums or something that regular users don't have permissions for?

Moon Wizard
November 1st, 2022, 16:02
1. Usually subscription thread notifications are sent to the email registered on your account. Check your profile, and make sure it's pointing to the correct email and that those emails are not being marked as spam.

2. I just checked and your account is registered correctly. Can you provide the specific links that you are having a problem with? They could just be old/dead links.

Regards,
JPG

Felderburg
November 1st, 2022, 18:13
1. Usually subscription thread notifications are sent to the email registered on your account. Check your profile, and make sure it's pointing to the correct email and that those emails are not being marked as spam.

2. I just checked and your account is registered correctly. Can you provide the specific links that you are having a problem with? They could just be old/dead links.

Regards,
JPG

1. I don't want emails filling my inbox, I want the notifications bell in the top right of the forums website to notify me. But it looks like I have to go all the way into my profile, and click the subscriptions tab, which is extremely annoying and not in-line with most other forums I use.

2. Thanks for checking. I tried to find them before posting initially, but I couldn't. I assume they're old links, but I guess google didn't think so. If I find them, I'll link them in this thread.

damned
November 1st, 2022, 23:13
Notifications in the top right are for some other things like Friend Requests and Reputation. The Messages one is for Private Messages. There isnt one for subscribed threads.