PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds - Shaintar

Kalan
December 1st, 2007, 21:35
Hey gang!

Now things are beginning to calm down here in these parts...so I'm thinking about running a Savage Worlds campaign in the Shaintar setting.

Shaintar is an epic high fantasy setting. I'll be looking for between four and six players who can make it on a bi weekly basis starting in the New Year.

Game times will likely be either Friday evenings beginning at 8pm GMT+1 (Copenhagen time), and run until around midnight. Alternatively, I can arrange to run this game on Saturdays during the same time frames (perhaps even earlier for those people across the pond who wouldn't mind an early morning/early afternoon game).

If yer interested raise yer hand!

V

scytale2
December 1st, 2007, 21:38
Would be nice to connect with you again, Vince...

Shaintar is like what?

Kalan
December 1st, 2007, 21:39
Shaintar is High Fantasy - kinda Forgotten Realmsy...but imho...much more epic and "personal".

Its really kinda hard to describe, but it just strikes me as what FR SHOULD have been before the mass marketting of it.

TaranShannara
December 2nd, 2007, 22:24
I'd be interested but would need to figure out logistics. Saturday is best probably unless it is much earlier (2pm GMT+1). I'm in GMT -8. We'll see. Currently going through Evernight.

deguello
December 3rd, 2007, 20:20
I would love to try this but as I am also -6 Saturday or Sunday would be the only days possible.

Kalan
December 3rd, 2007, 20:22
Saturday's is looking like it gonna be bestest day :)

Anyhow - I'll get back to planning things ;)

*evil grin*

robocoastie
December 4th, 2007, 05:41
I'm interested. GMT -6 (Central Time) but I'm actually very flexible on the time.

Waldo Pepper
December 4th, 2007, 21:24
I definitely would be interested and would be reliable on Saturday evenings.

WarLokk
December 5th, 2007, 09:24
Count me in, I would love to play. I posted in your thread on the Pinnacle boards as well.

I too am in GMT -6 Central Time (US)

Kalan
December 5th, 2007, 10:34
Wow...quite a few people interested it seems :)

Its looking like Saturday's are going to work best for everyone - especially since it appears there are a large number of people from the US. So will 1400 Eastern time work for all concerned? Those of us across the pond it'll be between 1900-2100 start time...if my brain is working correctly.

We should be looking at about a 3-4 hour session, on a bi-weekly basis (we do a lot of travelling on weekends). Start date is TBD - but likely the first weekend of the New Year (round about Jan 5th).

As the date approaches, I'll post more details :) Likely over on my gaming forums here (https://www.kalanskorner.co.uk/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=35).

See you all soon!

V

Waldo Pepper
December 5th, 2007, 13:53
The time works well for me; although we travel on the weekends on occasion, the vast majority of weekends we're at home (having 2 kids tends to put a crimp on one's social life ;))

Kalan
December 5th, 2007, 15:23
Should be ok I think for the most part bud :) I know what its like to some extent ;)

deguello
December 5th, 2007, 15:52
That works for me....

RiverRat
December 6th, 2007, 14:51
I am most definitely interested in this. Saturdays are good for me. I am in GMT -6.

Ken

Kalan
December 6th, 2007, 15:00
Ok guys :) Just a reminder - could all those who wish to play - please head on over to my forums here (https://www.kalanskorner.co.uk/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=35), and register. Also - please post your confirmations in the Roll Call thread in the Shaintar section. I need to know how many vic...err players I'll have. Depending on how many people I have, I may run two groups - on alternating Saturdays. Tho fair warning in advance if I do this - there may be occasions where I have to cancel the sessions due to us being out of town ;)

As it stands right now - the campaign will be on Saturdays beginning at 2000 GMT+1 (Copenhagen Time) - which will be between 1100-1900 depending on your timezones (1100 Pacific, 1200 Mountain, 1300 Central, 1400 Eastern, 1900 GMT)

Thanks again guys!

V

drakahn
December 6th, 2007, 19:51
i signed up this morning if you have room let me know.

Kalan
December 18th, 2007, 06:05
*bump*

I may still have room for one or two more people - so if the times mentioned above work for you, please head on over to my Shaintar forums and have a boo!

Tak!

V

khallel
December 19th, 2007, 18:31
I signed up.

Kalan
December 19th, 2007, 18:39
Coo coo...

Have a browse through the forums at that site - there are a number of "rules" for lack of a better term there - nothing outlandish I think...but then I'm funny ;)

trnorris
December 20th, 2007, 01:33
Hey guys.

I'm trying to sign up at the forum but it says my account needs to be approved by a moderator, so I just wanted to experience interest here. I'm a big fan of Firefly and I'm pretty much itching to play some Savage Worlds (had the rulebook for awhile but not been able to play yet).

I'm at work at the moment, but if I can get logged in to the forums when I get home I'll generate a character.

Kalan
December 20th, 2007, 04:45
Hey Norris :)

I just seen your request, and have you approved now, once i get a chance to wake up a bit more, I'll be doing some more posts...

Sorry for the delay!

V

Kalan
December 20th, 2007, 12:38
Hey again!

I do have room for a couple more people in the second group. So if you're interested, and the day/time stated earlier in the thread works for you, please head on over to the forums at www.kalanskorner.co.uk , and sign up. Once your registration goes through, PLEASE read through the threads in the Shaintar area.

Thanks!

V

Kalan
December 29th, 2007, 09:02
I should have done this before XMas - but got busy, and honestly forgot :S

Recruiting for these campaigns is now done - I have two full parties now who'll be making the journey through Shaintar :) Thanks goto all those who've joined up :D

I'll be posting more info on these games as they progress - so stay tuned ;)

Thore_Ironrock
December 30th, 2007, 02:23
Sorry to interupt your thread Vincent, but in case people haven't seen the announcement:

https://talisman-studios.com/index.php?blog=12&cat=55

We will have more on this within the next month, along with projected release dates more product information.

Hope this makes everyone's New Year a bit brighter!

Waldo Pepper
January 5th, 2008, 12:50
Woo-hoo... Shaintar on FG will be cool.

scytale2
January 11th, 2008, 16:37
Is Group 1 on this Saturday? Kalanskorner seems to be down at the moment, so can't check.

Kalan
January 11th, 2008, 16:39
Is Group 1 on this Saturday? Kalanskorner seems to be down at the moment, so can't check.

hmmm...

try https://forums.kalanskorner.com - seems to be workin on this end :)