PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player LF Any nights PST 7-8pm+ US Time Zone prefer 5E

OldManD
October 31st, 2022, 18:26
FG License: free
Time Zone: Pacific PST
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Ideally looking for a weekly or semi weekly game, played in the evenings, starting around 7-8pm PST. I can probably be flexible on the days of the week.
Term: I'd love to find a long term group that I clicked with, but willing to start with shorter terms.
Voice: I would prefer both voice and video so that I could possibly start to get to know the people I would be playing with. I have a good mic.

Game System Preferred: 5e (though I would be willing to try pathfinder)
Game System Experience: I've got moderate experience with 5e, I'm not a noob but also not an old hand.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I have played in mini campaign on FGU, so some experience, though I would be due for a refresher.

Character Type Preferred: I have lots of character ideas and I don't just play one trope. I prefer to learn the setting and the rest of the party before committing to any one character. I prefer if the character makes sense given those other variables.
About me: I'm a 38yo (ironic name, I know) dad of 5, looking for a way to unwind and relax. I enjoy long walks on the beach and a split between RP, exploration, and combat. I have played in groups that were too RP heavy, and other groups that were too combat heavy. For me, I would probably say that there should at least be a combat every other session or so, depending on the narrative. I am a sucker for good narrative and because of that I would like to find a group that at least makes a good attempt at RP. I don't take myself so seriously that I have to stay in character all the time or anything like that, I enjoy the jokes and banter out of character (and in character for that matter). I don't mind character optimization, but I try to not take it so far as to min/max everything. If I multiclass, I want it to make logical sense story wise, and I don't want to try and surprise or pull a fast one on the DM. I like it when characters have real flaws that impact the game, and I want my characters to have specific long term goals and motivation that makes sense within the story and settings.

Speaking of settings, I am open to most settings, including homebrew. If lore or setting history is important, I would appreciate having material to read on my own time to help my character development. I don't mind mature themes, but I don't really care for horror or things being too R rated. I'd prefer the typical medieval fantasy type settings.

discord: OldManD#6668

TMO
November 1st, 2022, 08:11
You seem to be the exact type of player I like to DM and/or play in the same party with. I know you are PST, but what general area are you in?

OldManD
November 1st, 2022, 16:56
You seem to be the exact type of player I like to DM and/or play in the same party with. I know you are PST, but what general area are you in? I see you're in Portland, I am down in Albany

Longinius
November 1st, 2022, 18:03
My start time is a bit early than what you are looking for, but if you are interested, check out the thread I just created.

OldManD
November 1st, 2022, 18:42
My start time is a bit early than what you are looking for, but if you are interested, check out the thread I just created.
yeah sorry, I'm not even home from work at that time, plus I've got kids that I spend time with before they go to bed. I hope you find someone good though, good luck :)

TMO
November 2nd, 2022, 06:55
I see you're in Portland, I am down in Albany

I'm actually in Forest Grove, which you are probably more familiar with than those outside of Oregon. So you are about a 90 minute drive from here. Part of the reason I was asking is because I'm interested in getting a traditional table top group together. I haven't had such a group since I was in high school and college on Southern California. 90 minutes each way might be too much.

Getting back to a VTT/FGU campaign, I have some options that might interest you. I need to sort out some details first but I'll DM you when I have something to present. If you are still available and interested then it would be great to team up.

OldManD
November 2nd, 2022, 16:07
I'm actually in Forest Grove, which you are probably more familiar with than those outside of Oregon. So you are about a 90 minute drive from here. Part of the reason I was asking is because I'm interested in getting a traditional table top group together. I haven't had such a group since I was in high school and college on Southern California. 90 minutes each way might be too much.

Getting back to a VTT/FGU campaign, I have some options that might interest you. I need to sort out some details first but I'll DM you when I have something to present. If you are still available and interested then it would be great to team up.

yeah, I would love an in person game, but so far that has not worked out. But as far as something on FGU, just keep me in mind.