PDA

View Full Version : How do I re-install?

Rilmarion
December 1st, 2007, 19:55
So. I was wondering if it is possible to re-install.

See....I was installing a few mods and now when ever I close down FG II now, I get an error.

So I was wondering, what is the best method of re-installing the client without loosing to much information?

Ged
December 1st, 2007, 20:25
Backup everything, remove all modules, create a new campaign and start adding modules one by one (meaning: start FG, load campaign, activate a modules, save by typing /save, exit FG) to pinpoint the one/ones that cause problems.

When you have found the troublesome module, you might want to edit or delete the modulestate.xml of the campaign that you want to get working again.

If you weren't talking about this but reinstalling the software altogether, two words: make sure that you have your license key on a piece of paper or other safe medium ;)

Rilmarion
December 1st, 2007, 21:39
Okay, tested your theory that it may just be the campaign that it bugged. Found out that it was. No I am trying to single out the bad module.

Also thought I would ask, if I ever need, where do I get my license number, or if I didn't copy it down during purchase, it is lost for ever?

Ged
December 1st, 2007, 21:52
Also thought I would ask, if I ever need, where do I get my license number, or if I didn't copy it down during purchase, it is lost for ever?

Assuming Windows XP:

1. Select Run... from start menu
2. Type regedit, click OK
3. Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fantasy Grounds\2.0
4. License Key field is what you are looking for

Or if you purchased your license from Fantasy Grounds store and selected to keep your purchase information with your community registration, you can go to https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/ Select Order History and go on from there.