PDA

View Full Version : LFP - 1 or 2 players for long term D&D 3.5 Wednesday Afternoons Central Time

Laergulon
October 30th, 2022, 15:12
PLEASE NOTE: Our roster is currently full. I will check here periodically for new messages and reach out if any spots open up.

We have a newly started online game using 3.5 rules and we need some fresh mea- I mean adventurers!

It is my homebrew world but I have adapted a large published adventure to work in it. We had 3 players but one left, so we would be interested in having one or two new folks join.

The weekly session is on Wednesday afternoons beginning at 1 pm and usually running 3 to 4 hours. Yes, weekday afternoons for us. We operate on Central Time, so that’s GMT -5 and UTC -6. Like that’s a necessary confusion, right? Skype for talking and a Discord chat for text between games.

It is a long-term campaign. There will be towns, wilderness and many deadly dungeon adventures, NPC friends and foes, monsters both familiar and new, and a source of ultimate evil to seek out and destroy (assuming you’re of that sort of alignment). The world is my own with maps and a gazetteer. I am plugging in an existing campaign from a book that begins at 3rd level and can take characters up to epic levels.

I’m a flexible DM. I’ve been playing and DM-ing since ancient days and started using Fantasy Grounds in 2020 when online was the only option for a while. I’ve created a lot of my own FG content, so custom tokens and such are welcome. Basic rules are followed but I use whatever mods help with play or are just cool. It’s a fantasy world, so why limit the imagination? Currently the party is a kobold and a half-ogre, yep, and we lost our doughty dwarf. I like a campaign with player driven action and role play along with a character building sequence of encounters and combat. I take full advantage the new FG mapping features and effects, etc. and the automation is a great play aid, but analog-style is still the best way to do some things. I use maps I’ve found or I make my own maps and tokens whenever I can’t find what I want. I enjoy a dramatic, active, visual game. My overriding principle is we are doing this because it’s fun.

Please contact me here if you’re interested and I will get in touch.

Cheers, Laergulon

Shade18
November 10th, 2022, 03:37
I am interested in this game, although I don't remember playing 3.5 edition, I know i did cuz i played them all.
I will send you a direct message with my interest.
Nick

Laergulon
November 10th, 2022, 11:20
Thanks for replying. I've messaged you back.

Faded Silence
November 10th, 2022, 15:59
I'm potentially interested in joining as well, but I wouldn't be available at that time until December when my classes end since I have Wednesday afternoon labs at the moment.

Laergulon
November 10th, 2022, 16:10
Hi, thanks for replying. We are just getting underway and will likely have space for new adventurers then. Just let me know when you want to have a look at the game.

caramelwhistle
November 18th, 2022, 13:52
Hello, I'm interested to join if possible, although appreciate this thread was started some 20 odd days ago.
Would like to know more about what material of 3.5 you allow; all the books, just the Completes, Core 3 only etc.
In interest of openness I'm UK based so the Central time translates to 6pm our time, a quick turnaround from work but viable. And I've played on the other tabletop website for many years but not used FG for a game, hopefully that's not a deal breaker.
I've been played 3.5 for 10+ years, as player and GM. I'm looking for a regular long term game that strikes balance between light-hearted and serious, combat and roleplay.
I've no ideas about character build at this time, I would want to know more about your homebrew setting.

Laergulon
December 6th, 2022, 16:16
Hello. My apologies for not replying for so long but I was out with some health issues these past 3 weeks and only just am getting back to normal. Currently I have myself as DM and two US players, so the group is really too small to be completely fun for the roleplay aspect. Thusly, I am now considering options for more PC's. I am having my first game session in a month tomorrow, during which I hope to finish the half-done combat and discuss expanding the group.
I have been playing and DM-ing since the original ruleset. I chose 3.5 as the most viable option when I took up DM duties again a few years ago. We had all of the books and the DM I was filling in for was running his game in 3.5, hence zero learning curve. When everything shut down I opened my game online for friends who wanted to play around the quarantine.
I am running a large module game, customized to my own world. If you can find the 3.5 rule for something I will consider it for the game. I have dozens of custom items and monsters I have made for use in FG, among other things. The party is currently a kobold sorcerer and a half-ogre warrior, along with a dwarven cleric player who left the group one session earlier for unspecified reasons. That character will either move along or be taken over by a player. That gives you an idea of the play and rule style. I like things to be fantastical, since we are creating a fantasy world. All of us are at home, which is why we wanted a daytime game, but start time is flexible and if you can join at a reasonable time that's not a problem. It would be very cool if the game became all international.
I will message you, later tomorrow, one way or another, when I've met with the group.
Cheers, Laergulon

Laergulon
December 11th, 2022, 16:38
PLEASE NOTE: We have a full roster at the moment. I will continue to check in here periodically for messages and will reach out if there are any openings. Thanks for all of the interest.