PDA

View Full Version : The Urland Chronicles (D&D 5e Semi-Homebrew Campaign)

Grey Wolf Knight
October 27th, 2022, 16:02
FG License: FG Unity
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: USA East Coast Time
Day of week and time: Fridays at 6pm to 9-10pm
planned start date: TBD
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-4 hours or so, every Friday
Term: Long Term

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?: No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40 RP to Combat Mixture.
Number of Players in game & needed: 4-5 Players
Character starting level & equipment: Level 5, standard gear/wealth appropriate to 5th Level characters.
Character restrictions: No Evil/"Lol Chaotic Neutral" Characters.

Details of the scenario
Good King Omund is long dead, and with him the unity of Aendrim. The dukes who were trusted to maintain the peace and order instead squabbled amongst themselves, killing each other to wear a broken crown. Now only the Barons and Ritter-Lords remain to protect what’s left of the kingdom.

For the common folk, life is harder than ever. The roads fall into ruin and walls grow around those settlements with the foresight to protect themselves from the encroaching wilderness. Orcs, fae beasts, and other monsters of legend come to pillage and burn.

It is a time of crows and storms. A time for dark deeds and villains.

It is also a time for heroes to rise.

In the semi-forgotten baronies that once made up Aedrim’s Urland Duchy, an upheaval of power makes such opportunities for heroes and villains to show their quality.

Game Features: Political intrigue and helping lead a rebellion using the scenarios/world designed by Matthew Coleville of MCDM as a basis.
Politics​: High
Role Playing​: High
Combat: Moderate
Lethality: Low
Tone: Fairly serious but not stiflingly so
Player Buy-in: ​Your PCs have the chance to go from mercenaries crusted in road dust to landed nobility with the love and loyalty of people you liberated from a tyrannical despot.

Application Process
Please list your desired class/race/alignment as well as 1 paragraph of backstory and if you're willing to deal with a DM fumbling through how to make this work. If I feel you are a good fit I’ll PM you my discord room.