PDA

View Full Version : Bug Reports for latest update

Lone Pathfinder
October 24th, 2022, 09:09
Hi I've compiled a list of issues I've noticed since the latest overhaul update:

Some users jumping on cannot see token art or available to load for some time. It takes a moment for it to be viewable
Some users who have loaded modules still cannot view the content in other tabs
LOS needs to be updated whenever a door is opened by reclicking on a token instead of it automatically adjusting.
GM cannot see the movement selection path of a player token until clicking on that token again
GM can't see movement path for npc tokens if the npc can't see in the environment due to lighting
Some players could not move their token through a door despite it being open until after the GM first moved their tokens through it

If you need more information about each of these issues I'm happy to expand on the details of each and provide and example

Kind regards,
Lone

Zacchaeus
October 24th, 2022, 09:31
The updates to the graphics in v4.3 was actually rolled back last week, and so virtually all of the issues that you describe should have gone away. So it depends on when you saw these errors and whether you and your players were all updated to the latest version (it'll still say 4,3 but the date will be 20th October).

Lone Pathfinder
October 24th, 2022, 10:12
I had a Pathfinder 2e game a couple hours ago and we experienced those issues then

Tysmiha
October 24th, 2022, 13:06
I'm going to add on here, as I feel this would be a good spot. I'm now getting error messages when trying to open up previously used maps. An example of this comes from our Curse of Strahd 5e campaign. Some open just fine. Others I receive: [ERROR] Graphic: Unable to load file (modules/CoS/Map - Blue Water Inn.jpg) (*). Insert various file names, yet same message. Zacchaeus, suggestions?

Zacchaeus
October 24th, 2022, 14:05
I'm going to add on here, as I feel this would be a good spot. I'm now getting error messages when trying to open up previously used maps. An example of this comes from our Curse of Strahd 5e campaign. Some open just fine. Others I receive: [ERROR] Graphic: Unable to load file (modules/CoS/Map - Blue Water Inn.jpg) (*). Insert various file names, yet same message. Zacchaeus, suggestions?

This is unrerelated to the V4.3 update; see here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?75278-Release-Updates-for-September-27th-2022&p=663687&viewfull=1#post663687

If you want to preserve any changes that you have made to any of the maps then don't revert the module or the images. You'll need to open up the db and change some lik text. See here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?75291-ERROR-Graphic-Unable-to-load-file-(modules-CoS-Map-Death-House-jpg)-(*)&p=663945&viewfull=1#post663945

If you don't want to do that then start a new thread, post the Curse of Strahd.xml file from the moduledb folder inside your campaign and we can fix it for you.

LordEntrails
October 24th, 2022, 16:07
I had a Pathfinder 2e game a couple hours ago and we experienced those issues then
But when had you last updated? i.e. what date shows next to the version on te FG launch screen? As well, can you post logs?

Tysmiha
October 24th, 2022, 18:03
This is unrerelated to the V4.3 update; see here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?75278-Release-Updates-for-September-27th-2022&p=663687&viewfull=1#post663687

If you want to preserve any changes that you have made to any of the maps then don't revert the module or the images. You'll need to open up the db and change some lik text. See here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?75291-ERROR-Graphic-Unable-to-load-file-(modules-CoS-Map-Death-House-jpg)-(*)&p=663945&viewfull=1#post663945

If you don't want to do that then start a new thread, post the Curse of Strahd.xml file from the moduledb folder inside your campaign and we can fix it for you.

I went with the revert solution, which worked for me. I'm sure the other option would have been better for me overall, but this was a quick fix. Thank you for the help!

Lone Pathfinder
October 26th, 2022, 09:53
Players just loaded into my 5e game and they cant see their character potraits, images, or characters in the character selection screen, so there is still some issues happening.

Zacchaeus
October 26th, 2022, 11:05
Check out these two articles https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1303052290/Whitelisting+or+Creating+Exceptions+for+Antivirus+ Applications and https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1981349889/Network+Troubleshooting

It sounds like one or both of the issues mentioned in those articles are applicable to you; since it would seem all of your players are affected (if only one is affected then it would apply to that player). You might want to get your players to delete their cache before rejoining your game to see if that helps.

Otherwise if you can't solve the issue after following those articles can you attach your log and the log files for one (or more) of your players so we can see what might be happening. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1242136781/How+to+Compile+Logs

zaphf
October 26th, 2022, 20:58
Just updated on a Mac, FG won't launch at all. Reinstalled same issue. This seems to be the relevant error

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: Namespace DYLD, Code 1 Library missing
Library not loaded: '@executable_path/../Frameworks/UnityPlayer.dylib'
Referenced from: '/Applications/SmiteWorks/*/FantasyGrounds.app/Contents/MacOS/Fantasy Grounds'
Reason: tried: '' (code signature does not cover entire file up to signature), '' (no such file), '' (no such file)
(terminated at launch; ignore backtrace)

Zacchaeus
October 26th, 2022, 21:06
Just updated on a Mac, FG won't launch at all. Reinstalled same issue. This seems to be the relevant error

Try rebooting your mac. See here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?75576-FGU-2-3-0-Crashing-after-update

And welcome to the forums.

Also please start a new thread where the issue isn't the same as the original one.

Wischn00b
October 27th, 2022, 00:51
Issue resolved

Lone Pathfinder
October 27th, 2022, 07:42
So it was only occurring for some of the players and everything eventually loaded in but one of the players had to drop and rejoin. The other 3 out of 5 experienced no issues with this.
On the other hand, I'm still getting errors with the movement of tokens. When it's a players turn, I can see their initial movement, but if they move again after the first, I can't see the movement drag unless I click on their token a second time. Same thing for npcs and tokens that are dragged onto the map, such as those for spiritual weapon.
Also doors still don't allow vision when opened until a token is reselected still.

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2022, 08:28
Maybe some of the files didn't update properly for you. Can you try re-installing FGU.

Lone Pathfinder
October 27th, 2022, 14:32
Will that wipe any changes I've made to the campaigns and if so which files should I back up to save them?

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2022, 15:22
Reinstalling FGU won't have any effect on your campaign files. But if you are worried about that then back up the campaign folder inside the FG data folder.

Lone Pathfinder
November 3rd, 2022, 23:21
Okay, just done a fresh install. I have a game tomorrow morning so I'll post here if there are continuing issues. At the moment there is one player who is constantly having issues, hopefully its just them and nothing more.

Howell
February 18th, 2023, 20:22
After the most recent update, Stamps placed on a Painting layer appear all black when LOS is active but lighting is turned off. If lighting is turned on and a light source is hitting the stamp you can see it. So now I can no longer use stamps if I want to use LOS but not Lighting. Am I missing a new setting that fixes this or is this a bug?

Zacchaeus
February 18th, 2023, 21:44
After the most recent update, Stamps placed on a Painting layer appear all black when LOS is active but lighting is turned off. If lighting is turned on and a light source is hitting the stamp you can see it. So now I can no longer use stamps if I want to use LOS but not Lighting. Am I missing a new setting that fixes this or is this a bug?

The last client update was last October. Is that the update you are talking about? This is the subject of this thread; if your issue isn't concerning this thread can you start a new post please with as much details as possible. Also make sure you are testing without extensions (since those might interfere with the way FG works).

Moon Wizard
February 19th, 2023, 01:44
Thanks for reporting. I was able to recreate the issue, and have filed a ticket for our developer to investigate.
As Zacchaeus noted, in general, you should make a new post/thread when reporting issues, unless the last post was within the last couple weeks.

Going to lock this thread to prevent further posting and any confusion.

Regards,
JPG