PDA

View Full Version : HP & Wounds

NineShadowEyes
November 28th, 2007, 04:19
So, in the combat tracker (and I guess on the PC sheet as well), what's the deal with 'Wounds'? When you take damage are you supposed to decrease your hit points or increase your wounds? This might be just my unfamiliarity with the rules shining through, but I'm not real clear on the distinction.

And is the combat tracker supposed to know on its own that a combatant is dead when HP reach 0 or is that a manual thing you do yourself?

Dachannien
November 28th, 2007, 04:26
1. You can use it either way. My players and I have always considered the three basic hit point stats to be max HP, current HP, and nonlethal damage total, so we usually use the wounds box to represent current HP. (In fact, on our custom ruleset, I've changed it to make that clear.)

2. There's no automatic functionality for "killing off" a combatant. You handle all of that stuff yourself.

Griogre
November 28th, 2007, 07:05
The way the drag and drop works, I think the developers apparently assumed your HP was always your character max and the wounds were the amount of damage you have currently taken. Thus when you wounds where 10 more than max hps the character is dead.

However as Dachannien pointed out, you can do anything you want with the hp boxes. As an alternative you can start the wounds equal to your max HPs and have your players drop damage on the wounds as negative numbers. I would suggest whatever you decide to do, you make sure the entire group follows to avoid confusion.

One goal of the developers was to simulate table top play. Because of this you will find very little automation in FG which does give you the maximum flexibilty to play and do things however you like.

Edit: to make suggestion coherant. :p

Loggahead
November 28th, 2007, 14:55
However as Dachannien pointed out, you can do anything you want with the hp boxes. As an alternative you can start the wounds equal to your max HPs and have your players drop damage on the wounds as negative numbers. I would suggest whatever you decide you make your entire group do knows what to do to avoid confusion.

How do you drop as a negative number?

richvalle
November 28th, 2007, 15:16
Left click and drag from the chat window. As you drag push down the Cntrl key on the keyboard. When you push it down it toggles it as a - number. Letting go of the key changes it back to +.

rv