PDA

View Full Version : 'Rogue' - (D&D Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide - Player's Guide)

jlabbe
October 18th, 2022, 03:53
Hi folks,

My players are leveling up tonight, but some of the are getting error message while using the automatic fonction. They are using a class and race features that are in 5E Sword coast Adventurer's guide.
I host the game, and I activated the module after after their first try. It didn't fix the error. They were able to see and load the module on their end, but it didn't fix the issue.
I closed the server and re-start it. They still get that following message:
'Rogue' - (D&D Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide - Player's Guide)
Unable to import. Unable to open class record(s) not loaded.

When I open the character sheet, and I click on the class in the class & level section, it gives me that message:
Attempt to open link(s) for modules not installed.
(D&D Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide - Player's Guide)

But the module is loaded.

How can I fix this issue?

Thx

Laerun
October 18th, 2022, 06:02
It sounds like some data is being blocked. Make.sure the players and you have the permissions setup on your hard drive, and that no firewall or anti virus protection is blocking anyone's network connection. One other thing is to delete the FGU vault or that data file, and re-download that again by updating FG. Sometimes the data files can get corrupted. If you are using the character wizard, all books must be open or active and shared before opening the character wizard.. If you load this book after the fact, it might give you some issues too.Also,when you have these types of problems, it helps to have your campaign session logs. Are you using any extensions?

JustinFreitas
October 18th, 2022, 08:19
Hi folks,

My players are leveling up tonight, but some of the are getting error message while using the automatic fonction. They are using a class and race features that are in 5E Sword coast Adventurer's guide.
I host the game, and I activated the module after after their first try. It didn't fix the error. They were able to see and load the module on their end, but it didn't fix the issue.
I closed the server and re-start it. They still get that following message:
'Rogue' - (D&D Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide - Player's Guide)
Unable to import. Unable to open class record(s) not loaded.

When I open the character sheet, and I click on the class in the class & level section, it gives me that message:
Attempt to open link(s) for modules not installed.
(D&D Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide - Player's Guide)

But the module is loaded.

How can I fix this issue?

Thx

I had that problem tonight and had to change all references in my exported character XML to the following string which gets rid of the & sign:
DD Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide - Player's Guide

There were about 8 occurrences I had to change. Then, when I imported that character back in from the file, the links were working correctly again.

Good luck with it.

Donkrik
October 19th, 2022, 07:25
I'm having the same problem, I don't know what's causing it because two players could level up without issue. One of them has a class and race included in a book of one of the other three. Has anyone found out why this is happening and how to correct the error?

Zacchaeus
October 19th, 2022, 10:13
The correct module name is DD Sword Coast Adventure Guide. Quite a while ago a mistake was made and the module was released with the filename D&D Sword Coast Adventure Guide. If you made a character during the period when the module name was incorrect then the links will not work because the filename has changed. There's no easy fix - other than doing as suggested in post #3 above, if you are comfortable doing that. If you want to post your db.xml file from the campaign I can see if I can fix it for you.

jlabbe
October 20th, 2022, 01:00
Thank you, it fixed the issue.