PDA

View Full Version : 5E - MountTracker

JustinFreitas
October 14th, 2022, 21:05
This is an extension for FGC/FGU that tracks mounts and their riders via the effect mechanism in the Combat Tracker. The mount/dismount operation can be initiated via chat command (GM only), CT drag/drop (GM only... drag the actor name, not the portrait graphic), or CT actor right click radial menu (GM and Player). MountTracker also tracks the distinction between controlled and uncontrolled/independent mounts, which is selected when performing the mount action. I have some player characters in my campaign that use mounts and this extension helps me keep things straight and remember the mounted combat rules. I hope it helps in your games too!

MountTracker Features:

Tracks mount/rider relationships between actors in the Combat Tracker via effects (ex. Mount: Warhorse or Rider: SomeActor).
Distinguishes between controlled and uncontrolled/independent mounts, selected at time of mount. Note: For GM CT actor drag/drop, holding control when dropping will be uncontrolled/independent.
Mount/Dismount operations invoked via chat command, CT actor right click radial menu, and drag/drop of CT actor name (from rider to mount).
Mount operation considers rider/mount size, existing debilitating conditions on the actor, rider speed, etc.
When it is a rider's turn and also on attacks from a mount, optional (on by default) mounted combat rule hints will be shown in the chat to help with these less frequently used rules.
Options for chat verbosity, enforcement of size rules when mounting, and skipping a controlled mount's turn.
Option to frame the MountTracker chat output. Choices are none (default), chat, story, whisper.
As I remember other features, I'll update this list with them.

The Forge version writes to the extensions folder and not the vault, so it's unencrypted in case you need to tweak stuff or look at things. Of course, it's all up on GitHub in case you wanna see things there. Links below!

Current Version: 1.4, get it from the Forge if you are a Unity user (automatic deployment and update with FGU update) or GitHub releases if you are a Classic user (rename the zip to ext and drop in extensions folder). The version history is available at either link, FG Forge or GitHub.

FG Forge Link: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/876/view
GitHub Link: https://github.com/JustinFreitas/MountTracker

Naplam
February 25th, 2023, 22:25
I bought this but how do create a mount as a NPC? I did that put both PC and NPC mount in CT and tried to mount the Npc on my turn and gave an error about names

JustinFreitas
February 25th, 2023, 22:35
I bought this but how do create a mount as a NPC? I did that put both PC and NPC mount in CT and tried to mount the Npc on my turn and gave an error about names

It's free, so I hope you didn't pay too much! lol It's nothing fancy, it tracks the relationship between a mount an a rider using effects in the combat tracker. The DM can drag a combat tracker actor (the rider) to another actor (the mount) to make that happen anytime. Dragging must be done from the rider's name, not the token. The player (or DM can do this too) can mount when it's their turn via right clicking the NPC they would like to mount. There are restrictions like unique names and things.

Here are some excerpts from the GitHub readme here: https://github.com/JustinFreitas/MountTracker

ReadMe and Usage Notes

The purpose of this Fantasy Grounds 5e extension is to allow for Combat Tracker tracking (via effects only) of an actors mount state along with outputting some helpful SRD rule text (thanks OGL!) in the chat regarding the mount state and associated rules. This includes a distinction between controlled and uncontrolled (aka independent) mounts for the purpose of clarity and also displaying the appropriate rule hints. The GM can make mount associations via drag/drop of CT actors (drag the rider name to the mount, not the portrait) to a target mount, right click CT radial menu on a target mount (or for dismount), or chat commands to invoke the action. Players can mount/dismount via the CT's right click radial menu.

GM MountTracker Chat Commands:

-Current actor MountTracker status: /mt or /mounttracker

Clear all MountTracker effects from Combat Tracker (manually deleting effects is always an option too): /mt clear or /mounttracker clear

Have the current actor mount another actor as the rider: /mount [TARGET_MOUNT] Ex. /mount Warhorse

Have the current actor (who is riding a mount) dismount its mount: /dismount

Combat Tracker Radial Menu:

For the current Combat Tracker actor, the GM or the Player can right click a target actor to mount as a rider (or dismount if they are already riding). In the radial menu, the Player can select between Controlled, Uncontrolled (Independent), and Dismount.

Features:

When mounting, validation is performed where things like size checks are made (mount must be at least one size larger than rider), debilitating conditions are considered, and zero speed.
Distinguishes between controlled and uncontrolled/independent mounts, selected at time of mount. Note: For GM CT actor drag/drop, holding control when dropping will be uncontrolled/independent.
On any action that involves mounted combat rules (i.e. mounting, dismounting, attacking from mount, being attacked while mounted, controlled or uncontrolled/independent), rule reminders will be output to the DM in the chat (verbosity set in options).
It knows to consider debilitating conditions or speed of zero (i.e. grappled) when mounting/dismounting.
On the rider's turn, chat output is shown (optionally) that displays the mounted speed and some rule help for both controlled and uncontrolled/independent scenarios.
Works with unidentified actors in the Combat Tracker.
Has a chat command interface for /mount [TARGET_ACTOR] (controlled mount), /ucmount [TARGET_ACTOR] (uncontrolled/independent mount), /dismount (no target, affects current CT actor), /mt clear.
Has a radial menu interface for mount/dismount that is player accessible and works for the current actor in the Combat Tracker (that's where the chosen menu action will be applied).
If attacking from a mount, display a chat message with any rules restrictions/guidance.
Options for chat verbosity, size enforcement, skipping controlled mount's turn via SKIPTURN.

Farifax
December 16th, 2023, 19:40
The mount tracker has reversed the roles. When checking for mount size the medium creature can't ride the large, but the large can ride the medium. Strange and quite useless.

JustinFreitas
December 16th, 2023, 20:07
The mount tracker has reversed the roles. When checking for mount size the medium creature can't ride the large, but the large can ride the medium. Strange and quite useless.

lol... you're using it backwards. I just checked it, it's fine. Thanks for the constructive criticism. :rolleyes:

daddyogreman
December 17th, 2023, 16:19

People spend their own free time to create things in an effort to improve fantasy grounds. Particularly with these free extensions we're expecting nothing in return for our work. Your approach to telling him about a perceived issue (which turned out to be user error anyway) on a FREE extension sucked. Do better.