PDA

View Full Version : Beta 4.3.0 Performance Feedback

celestian
October 14th, 2022, 20:31
I was tinkering today during lunch with 4.3.0, loaded up a single AD&D 2E module, GDQ: Queen of the Spiders and then opened the map Map08-Troglodyte-Warrens-_50px_48w_70H under category Queen of Spiders: Maps. With that map opened performance went downhill dramatically. There is nothing special about the map 2400x3500, has LOS configured but otherwise simple map.

I noticed even worse performance on other maps from Evil Tide that used water effects and larger. (Drowned Caves, PC)

In addition to the sluggish/muddy UX when the maps were open I was getting a LOT of flickering when I was zooming in/out.

Moon Wizard
October 14th, 2022, 22:49
We actually reverted the image changes with the last build; because they were performing better on many maps, but worse on some maps.

I pushed the new build around 9am PST; so if you updated after that, you would have been using the same engine as the current version.

@cpinder is working on pulling over the ambient lighting specific fixes into the current engine before release next week; since that was one of the biggest performance issues with the current build.

Regards,
JPG

celestian
October 15th, 2022, 05:32
We actually reverted the image changes with the last build; because they were performing better on many maps, but worse on some maps.

I pushed the new build around 9am PST; so if you updated after that, you would have been using the same engine as the current version.

@cpinder is working on pulling over the ambient lighting specific fixes into the current engine before release next week; since that was one of the biggest performance issues with the current build.

Regards,
JPG

Sounds good. Just wanted to report the change.

celestian
October 15th, 2022, 17:49
FYI: I can confirm that the version up now (2022/10/15 Noon Central) is definitely much more responsive.

Moon Wizard
October 15th, 2022, 18:35
Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,
JPG