PDA

View Full Version : Combat tracker not saving info

Overlord the Ignoble
November 25th, 2007, 18:06
I'll type loudly so people can hear me over the sound of grinding teeth and steam coming out of my ears.

Every time I load FG it has a previous battle loaded into the combat tracker. Which means I need to take everything off, sort through all of the NPCs and monsters in the dungeon that we are only elbow-deep in, reassign tokens, rescale everything and guess about what round we were on and what effects characters had on them.

I've tried /save after setting everything, but to no avail. In general I like FG, but it's being a BAD BAD puppy right now.

Any suggestions?

Hamish
November 25th, 2007, 20:10
Check out this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7243). Only downside is you must create a custom ruleset, but you get a lot of combat tracker improvements in return.

Dachannien
November 25th, 2007, 22:41
Please note that there is a known bug where you must close the combat tracker before its contents will save. If you exit FG without closing the combat tracker, all of its contents will be lost, and the next time you run FG, the contents will be the way they were at the beginning of the previous session rather than the end.

penlin
November 28th, 2007, 13:21
I don't think what the previous poster said is true. I have tried modifying the combat tracker, closing it, and then exiting FG. When I do this, my changes to combat tracker do *not* save. Also, I have tried using the "/save" command just before exiting FG, but this seems not to make any difference. I agree that this is a pretty annoying bug in FG, and I don't think you should have to mess around with a custom ruleset to get it to work as expected. Seems like it should be a relatively easy (and high priority) bug fix for an update soon.

Sigurd
November 28th, 2007, 13:29
Please note that there is a known bug...
There's no public bug list so there are no known bugs

Sigurd

Dachannien
November 29th, 2007, 04:50
It's known because I tested it and reported it here on the forums. If SmiteWorks aren't reading their own forums, that's their problem :p

Ged
December 2nd, 2007, 08:46
It's known because I tested it and reported it here on the forums. If SmiteWorks aren't reading their own forums, that's their problem :p

Haha :D Well, at least this one is on the bug list.

Dachannien
December 2nd, 2007, 09:18
Glad to hear it :) My other bug reports are in the House of Healing. I'd be happy to provide any additional information you need to help squash these bugs :)

Elf
December 3rd, 2007, 20:01
I don't think what the previous poster said is true. I have tried modifying the combat tracker, closing it, and then exiting FG. When I do this, my changes to combat tracker do *not* save. Also, I have tried using the "/save" command just before exiting FG, but this seems not to make any difference. I agree that this is a pretty annoying bug in FG, and I don't think you should have to mess around with a custom ruleset to get it to work as expected. Seems like it should be a relatively easy (and high priority) bug fix for an update soon.

You must use the radial menu to close the combat tracker (the bug appears to relate to the combat tracker button) and it saves the information. Make sure you issue the "/save" command before you exit FG2.

richvalle
December 3rd, 2007, 20:13
I 2nd what Elf says. I've been able to get CT info to save by creating it, exit out of the CT, do /save, then exit FG. Going back in shows the changes there.

Whats the worst is having it crash during a fight and then going in and losing it all. OR stopping the game in the middle of a fight and forgetting to do a /save before you shut down FG.

rv

Elf
December 3rd, 2007, 20:20
Whats the worst is having it crash during a fight and then going in and losing it all. OR stopping the game in the middle of a fight and forgetting to do a /save before you shut down FG.

rv

Yes I have sworn multiple times when the game crashed or forgetting to do /save just before closing FG...