PDA

View Full Version : AD&D 2nd edition

malditobill
November 25th, 2007, 16:56
Hi all! I'm really new at FG, and I'm looking for AD&D 2nd edition ruleset. Iv'e read that many people are using them, but can't find the ruleset anywhere, can somebody help me?

DNH
November 26th, 2007, 10:31
As it happens, I have been working on a 2e AD&D ruleset for some time now and have a rather nice working one (albeit with a couple of bugs that need ironing out and a few things yet to be implemented) ... BUT it makes extensive use of copyrighted data (for spells and monsters, largely) and as has been mentioned on these boards many times previously, most recently at the end of the "Screw you, Wizards!" post, we cannot distribute such things on here. I would very much like to post a working ruleset, show off what I have been able to achieve, accept suggestions and work on improvements, but that would be inviting trouble (removal at best, litigation at worst). The ruleset I have has been worked from bought-and-paid-for bound-and-printed hardback rulebooks and supplements and will only be used for my own group's sessions, with myself as DM. I am afraid that this has become a necessity.

I will say that the project has been surprisingly simple and straightforward for the large part (getting the combat tracker to work properly and the ability to drag attack dice from the character sheet were a bit more hard work), especially so with help from the excellent community here. If you know anything at all about programming, you will probably be able to work things out and cobble something together yourself.

If not, as has also been mentioned here, you can certainly use the FG default rules as a blank (search on here for the generic character sheet) and can probably run a 2e game just as well as any other, albeit with more limited functionality.

malditobill
November 26th, 2007, 12:36
thanx for your response! I was aware of the copyright issue, but didn't expect anyone publish a protected ruluset over here; I think that if you don't distribute it massivily, it won't be a problem :D

anyway, thanx for the comments