PDA

View Full Version : Official Star Trek 2d20 Bug Report Thread

superteddy57
October 11th, 2022, 14:52
Use this thread to post any ruleset specific issues to track and get resolved. When reporting, please provide steps in reproducing the issue and any images if possible.

Talen
October 12th, 2022, 06:45
I have a few questions and comments related to character creation -admittedly, I may just be misunderstanding some design decisions.

1. How do you add unarmed strike to the combat tasks? I can do it by creating an item and adding it - but the knockdown and vicious effects do not appear in the combat tasks selections even though they are included in the item entry.
2. Am I correct that the Values are added in the notes section? Assuming that's correct, and just a suggestion: I think values are important enough to warrant their own section.
3. It would be nice if the Attributes and Disciplines layout followed the graphical layout of the the Modiphius character sheets and Adventures (see the James Kirk character sheet for an example) where Control is above Daring , rather than above Insight - and so on.

Nits aside - Loving the ruleset so far! Thank you.

superteddy57
October 12th, 2022, 09:02
1) Unarmed strike would need to be setup as an weapon in your equipment frame for it to be made available. The weapon qualities won't appear on the entry under Attack action, but the system will apply their effects when appropriate when using unarmed strike. Charge and Grenade get special treatment as the effect is slotted and removed very quickly and will have quick options below the entry.
2) The notes are a new concept for organizing certain data on a sheet. I appreciate your feedback for this new concept and will take it into consideration.
3) The organization of the attributes and disciplines are alphabetical and setup using the built in filters for the controls. How they appear is how the code currently makes them appear. I will make a note of that for possible expansion in the future.

Talen
October 12th, 2022, 11:00
Makes sense and thanks for the quick response!

Jay_NOLA
October 15th, 2022, 00:53
Some of the text on the Akira Class at the end of Capabilities in the Detail section has some text at the end that needs to have the spacing fixed on it from how it was imported.

superteddy57
October 15th, 2022, 12:05
Added to fix that will be available with next weekly update.

Talen
October 15th, 2022, 23:10
As the GM, I have selected a task with Difficulty 2 and a Treacherous Complication range. I have selected the D2 and C5 boxes. However, the complication range does not appear to have changed - rolls of 16 and over do not show as raising a complication in the chat window when rolled by the player. However, if I roll as the GM, the complication will be triggered. In addition, the boxes do not appear to be reverting to the default after the roll for either the GM or the player as indicated in the Wiki.

stephan_
October 15th, 2022, 23:34
(I was assuming the difficulty and complication would need to be set by the instance that does the roll [similar to how flat-footed etc. works in other systems] - though I haven't tested it with a second player instance yet.)

superteddy57
October 16th, 2022, 07:56
As the GM, I have selected a task with Difficulty 2 and a Treacherous Complication range. I have selected the D2 and C5 boxes. However, the complication range does not appear to have changed - rolls of 16 and over do not show as raising a complication in the chat window when rolled by the player. However, if I roll as the GM, the complication will be triggered. In addition, the boxes do not appear to be reverting to the default after the roll for either the GM or the player as indicated in the Wiki.

Was able to verify. Looks like I forget to set the complication public. Will be in with the next update. As for them not reverting to default, there was some feedback during Fallout and Dune that setting them for each roll was tedious for multiple rolls. The same can be said for this approach as well, but this will remain the same through multiple rolls instead of needing change every roll.

Jay_NOLA
October 17th, 2022, 00:47
In the Reference Manual of the Core book in CH05 REPORTING FOR DUTTY under Lifepath Creation in Step Seven: Finishing Touches under RANK AND ROLL the text describing each role has some text that needs to be italisized in each role. If you look at a PDF or print copy of the Core book you can see the italisized text. The description with no rules of each is in normal text and the text with game rules needs go in italics for each. The way the text was imported in and that the text changes from normal to italics in each role is why the import made it all normal I suspect.

Jay_NOLA
October 19th, 2022, 17:30
The new Ship Roles that can be dragged and dropped to a character sheet haves some text that needs to go into italics. See the attached screenshot of Commanding Officer as how it looks in the PDF Core book and see the screenshot of how the Commanding Officer looks in the new Ship Roles that got added and see the screenshot of how it looks in the Reference Manual. (Mentioned the reference manual italics text before in another bug post but didn’t attach a screenshot so I attached one of it too.) The last sentence needs to be italics. This needs to be done for all the roles in both the new drag and drop able Ship Roles and the Reference Manual.

Jay_NOLA
October 21st, 2022, 16:18
In the Reference Manual in the CH11 ALIENS AND ADVERSERIES the NPCs have the word disciplines is typed DiSCIPLINES for all the NPCs in the chapter. The first i is not capitalized for some reason. See the attached screenshots of various NPCs in this chapter.

Felderburg
October 26th, 2022, 05:20
When adding threat or momentum, the chat gets a "GM:" blank chat send and doesn't say "GM: GM Added threat/momentum", but has a "GM uses T/M" for using it. Edit: Well now it does have a "GM added threat" chat message, so I don't know what happened.

Also, adding and using Threat/Momentum is somewhat counterintuitive. It would be useful if those fields were able to have manual entry, or have up/down arrows, since double clicking to add and dragging to use is kind of weird.

Edit: The 'threat purchases' icon doesn't have a name pop-up like the other buttons in the menu do.

superteddy57
October 26th, 2022, 05:59
pushed updates as the rulesets have now been opened again.

Felderburg
October 30th, 2022, 02:57
The circled "?" in the top right corner of the party sheet doesn't seem to do anything on hover or click, on any of the tabs.
In the party sheet, it says I can right click and choose "add" to build a ship. Using the "Create Item" right-click-menu option (not "add") does add a ship, but various attempts to edit it in the party sheet appear unsuccessful. I can edit it from the Ships list which it now shows up in, but that seems counterintuitive given the instructions on the party sheet to build it from the party sheet itself.
The character creator seems to stop after the environment step for me.
There are no 'back' or 'undo' type options in the (limited) character creator. I am able to go back to the species step, but I can't change the species chosen. It may be the intent to not allows changes just by switching tabs, but I think a back/undo button should be included.

superteddy57
October 30th, 2022, 05:09
1. I will have a look at this as it should open to the wiki

2. Yes, 'Create Item' would be the create option in the radial. It should open the sheet to begin configuring, but to open the sheet, you can double click on the token. As this should be empty since you are just creating the ship, it should look like an empty circle near the name of the ship. The ship list is more for NPC ships, but the ability to drag and drop to the partysheet helps when the party hijacks a ship.

3. It sounds to me that you haven't finalized the value by clicking on the green check mark to finalize it. This should enable the next step of the process.

4. Correct there is no back/undo option. Moving back tabs is to assist in seeing your choices.

Felderburg
October 30th, 2022, 06:40
2. Yes, 'Create Item' would be the create option in the radial. It should open the sheet to begin configuring, but to open the sheet, you can double click on the token. As this should be empty since you are just creating the ship, it should look like an empty circle near the name of the ship. The ship list is more for NPC ships, but the ability to drag and drop to the partysheet helps when the party hijacks a ship.

3. It sounds to me that you haven't finalized the value by clicking on the green check mark to finalize it. This should enable the next step of the process.

4. Correct there is no back/undo option. Moving back tabs is to assist in seeing your choices.

2. I did end up figuring that out by watching the sneak peek video. It's not apparent at all in the UI that you need to double click the ship's token in the party sheet to edit the ship. Also, I take back what I said about being able to edit from the 'ships' list; that is only, as you said, for NPCs, which greatly limits the available editing powers. I think that should be expanded, since a GM might want to create an NPC ship with a frame and mission profile, but adding a ship via the npc list can't do that.

3. The 'species' tab doesn't have a green check mark, so I didn't realize that was a required action before moving on. The green check mark also looked to me like it was saying 'yep, all good here.' It never crossed my mind to click it (or hover over it to see the tooltip).

Side note: Clicking the green check mark on an empty field makes said field disappear, with no option in the creator to fill it in until the finishing touches.

4. I think there should be more ability to undo/edit within a tab. I get not being able to modify tabs that are complete, but having only one click to not mess up seems like it might be annoying.

5. The finishing touches screen allows a player to exceed the totals they should be allowed.

6. A GM is able to allow a character talents from species they wouldn't ordinarily be allowed to take. Currently, the only option to do this is to drag and drop a talent onto a completed character. I would suggest a checkmark/toggle to allow a character in the creator to take any talents, with GM permission.

7. Talents don't seem to do stuff automatically. This is mostly fine, but there are some specific instances (I found) where it could be a problem:

Ablative Armor should add 2 to a ship's resistance, but resistance doesn't appear to be manually editable without going into the XML, and it's not clear to me how to import a ship from an xml file (by itself; I assume exporting a module with the ship included and editing the ship would work).

'Joined' and 'Former Initiate' are mutually exclusive, but can both be chosen by the same character.

'Bold' and 'Cautious' must be tied to a specific discipline, but that has to be done once the character is completed. One way around that would be to make a Bold/Cautious for every discipline, but that might clutter things.

superteddy57
October 30th, 2022, 07:51
Thank you for the feedback. It's something to consider for expansion. As for the talents, I have not automated their usage. Adjusting the sheet in question with the modifiers (CTRL + Mouse Wheel) or adding effects (located in the effects under tools in the sidebar) would be the best approach currently.

Felderburg
October 31st, 2022, 04:05
Control doesn't seem to be added to a custom species properly. I've created a species, but for some reason it only auto-selects 2 of the 3 attributes I chose for it in the character creator, when the control is selected in the 'detail' section. And if more than 3 are entered, it auto-selects the top 3 in the list except for control (e.g. daring, insight, control, & presence are listed, it will choose the 3 non-control attributes to add in the character creator).

superteddy57
October 31st, 2022, 04:41
Ok, thanks. I will test it out and see if it's presenting an issue.

Felderburg
October 31st, 2022, 17:04
Using /export, the xml file that species generated has blanks for the attributes ids that should be control. Below is code from a species that, in the 'Detail' tab, has Control, Control, Daring, Control, Insight, Presence. In the character creator, only the three non-control items are selected. I have not tested modifying the xml's id tags to be formatted the same as the others and seeing if the species works properly afterwards; but even if that works, the original error of selecting Control and it not working remains.

<attributes>
<id-00001 />
<id-00002 />
<id-00003>
<name type="string">daring</name>
</id-00003>
<id-00004 />
<id-00005>
<name type="string">insight</name>
</id-00005>
<id-00006>
<name type="string">presence</name>
</id-00006>
</attributes>

superteddy57
October 31st, 2022, 17:08
Thanks, I was able to find the issue. I will be pushing a big update for Star Trek with the weekly update to address the issues I have found.

Felderburg
November 1st, 2022, 22:17
I too have a question: I'm putting in the ship from the starter set. Improved hull gives +1 to resistance. How can I adjust the resistance on a ship? Also how can I adjust power too? It stays at 0/0

The above quote is from the general questions thread. When a ship is created, its power shows as 0. After using ctrl+scroll, it shows its proper value (and +/-X for how far you scroll). It should show the base value (=engines) on ship creation prior to modifying it.

Edit: The UI on the party sheet also shows only a full bar or nothing for Power (nothing on creation per above or when reduced to 0) and for shields (calculated correctly at creation); the crew support bar doesn't seem to change at all.

superteddy57
November 1st, 2022, 23:52
I'm going to need some time to see why this particular field is not updating like the rest. I have found a work around for now is to add the modifier and remove it to populate the power.

Felderburg
November 2nd, 2022, 06:19
The new species control attribute issue appears to be fixed; I also like the addition of a toggle in the "choice" field.

Edit: The exported xml still shows the self-closed blank id tags instead of a control string. This probably isn't an issue for the average person using a module since it works in the game, but may cause issues if someone opens a file and gets confused.

superteddy57
November 2nd, 2022, 06:42
That is intended and how the ruleset functions with that string cycler.

Felderburg
November 2nd, 2022, 07:05
Makes sense, I figured it was doing something like that given that it pulled attributes in a specific order to the character creator, no matter what order they were entered in the Detail tab.

This might not be a bug, but having a species with multiple words in the name appears to make its talents not show up in the character creator. For instance, I was messing around with a "Liberated Borg" species, and only when I changed it and the talent requirements to "Liberated-Borg" did the talents show up. There aren't many in the books, but species like "Rigellian Chelon" or "Soong-Type Android" might encounter issues if that's working as intended. Talents can always be edited/dragged and dropped, but for people who want to go through the creator it will be an issue.

viresanimi
November 3rd, 2022, 14:56
If I make a character. Go to notes and make a support character. If I select Notes on the support character I get an error, every single time I press that button.

Also, if I drag the link of a support character from one charactersheet to another, I also get an error.

I really prefer the support characters over the NPC sheets. The latter seems so lacking, I don't understand why the support sheet was just used instead. Well, I intend to make a single character, that holds all my npc's using support characters, and being able to move them around would be very useful.

Thanks.

superteddy57
November 3rd, 2022, 19:16
Makes sense, I figured it was doing something like that given that it pulled attributes in a specific order to the character creator, no matter what order they were entered in the Detail tab.

This might not be a bug, but having a species with multiple words in the name appears to make its talents not show up in the character creator. For instance, I was messing around with a "Liberated Borg" species, and only when I changed it and the talent requirements to "Liberated-Borg" did the talents show up. There aren't many in the books, but species like "Rigellian Chelon" or "Soong-Type Android" might encounter issues if that's working as intended. Talents can always be edited/dragged and dropped, but for people who want to go through the creator it will be an issue.

Well now I have egg on my face. I was coding in a tunnel with this as I only check single word species names. I will have a fix for this available once I get the green light to push again. New updates are coming to CoreRPG related to dice. So you are correct, was a short sight on my part. Thanks for reporting.

If I make a character. Go to notes and make a support character. If I select Notes on the support character I get an error, every single time I press that button.

Also, if I drag the link of a support character from one charactersheet to another, I also get an error.

I really prefer the support characters over the NPC sheets. The latter seems so lacking, I don't understand why the support sheet was just used instead. Well, I intend to make a single character, that holds all my npc's using support characters, and being able to move them around would be very useful.

Thanks.

Can you show me what errors you are getting with the notes? Can you elaborate a bit on what you mean by 'preferring the support characters over the NPC sheets'? I'm not quite following everything after the note report.

viresanimi
November 3rd, 2022, 21:43
Error when pressing the notes button on support characters is error 1. Swapping them between characters is error 2.

What I mean by better. The standard npc stat box is such a D&D remnant and not really applicable to games where "slay monsters" isn't the thing. In my opinion, Star Trek is about people and solving issues. Not necessarily using phasers left and right. And so I think a sheet like the support characters is a better way to keep track of people and making them interesting in your world.

A stat block is just so limiting. It's ... worse..

I don't know how to explain it. I just would like something more and better than a statblock for the inhabitants of my world.

I hope that made sense. I have the worst cold imaginable and not feeling so good, so if I am unclear, I do apologize.

superteddy57
November 3rd, 2022, 21:53
I would be ok with scheduling some time to sit down with you and discuss it as I'm not really following or just missing your suggestion. This is in regards to the stat block suggestion.

Felderburg
November 4th, 2022, 07:02
I am also getting error 14 when clicking Notes on a supporting character. I haven't seen the one that includes 41. I am also now finding errors when opening or creating NPCs:
[ERROR] window: Control (disciplinehelp) anchoring to an undefined control (icon) in windowclass (list_entry_npcdisciplines)

I think the complaint may be that the NPC list is too simplistic for a GM who adds "NPCs" that are as fully fleshed-out as PCs, because the difference between a generic "stat block" and a supporting character is quite significant. But I think it's a matter of semantics, or perhaps making things more clear in the UI. I don't know that anything needs to change in regards to NPCs, it should perhaps just be more clear that a GM can take control of a player-type character. Most "villain" NPCs are presented in the book as stat blocks, so I'm not sure the NPC window needs expanding. The thing is, though, more NPCs in STA, both by design with the supporting character system and in general, tend to be fleshed-out characters due the story-driven nature of the game.

I do think that supporting characters should be something in the party sheet, rather than connected to from a specific player character: rules as written, any player can control any support character in different game sessions. And it would be a useful tool for a GM who wants to add a bunch of supporting characters as the crew of a starship who have more to them than just a 'stat block's' worth of numbers.

viresanimi
November 4th, 2022, 16:11
I would be ok with scheduling some time to sit down with you and discuss it as I'm not really following or just missing your suggestion. This is in regards to the stat block suggestion.

Sent a message on Discord

superteddy57
November 4th, 2022, 16:46
I am also getting error 14 when clicking Notes on a supporting character. I haven't seen the one that includes 41. I am also now finding errors when opening or creating NPCs:
[ERROR] window: Control (disciplinehelp) anchoring to an undefined control (icon) in windowclass (list_entry_npcdisciplines)

I think the complaint may be that the NPC list is too simplistic for a GM who adds "NPCs" that are as fully fleshed-out as PCs, because the difference between a generic "stat block" and a supporting character is quite significant. But I think it's a matter of semantics, or perhaps making things more clear in the UI. I don't know that anything needs to change in regards to NPCs, it should perhaps just be more clear that a GM can take control of a player-type character. Most "villain" NPCs are presented in the book as stat blocks, so I'm not sure the NPC window needs expanding. The thing is, though, more NPCs in STA, both by design with the supporting character system and in general, tend to be fleshed-out characters due the story-driven nature of the game.

I do think that supporting characters should be something in the party sheet, rather than connected to from a specific player character: rules as written, any player can control any support character in different game sessions. And it would be a useful tool for a GM who wants to add a bunch of supporting characters as the crew of a starship who have more to them than just a 'stat block's' worth of numbers.

I pushed a hot fix that should take care of that error

Caratacus
November 11th, 2022, 22:26
Please help, what am I doing wrong? I am playing with the system right now, trying to work up a new ship. I have the ship created, and neither the existing weapons that came from the "frame", nor the ones I added show any damage dice, and I can't find a way to change this. I loaded new weapons, I tried the existing. They all show 0 on the Tactical officer's sheet. I can roll the attack dice from the character, but not the damage. 55088

Caratacus

Please disregard. Whatever I did, I am now not having the same issue. Perhaps my order of loading things was wrong.

superteddy57
November 11th, 2022, 23:37
MOD: Moved to bug report thread.

Pushed a hotfix for your report.

vegaserik
November 27th, 2022, 21:52
So I'm putting in a couple of ships from the Alpha Quadrant book and I can no longer enter anything in the Description field. Everything on the front page works fine, just the desc page.

vegaserik
November 27th, 2022, 22:33
Also on NPC's the Disciplines turn to zero when you lock the npc but change back if you unlock it. But if you close the npc and reopen all the disciplines are zero locked or unlocked.

superteddy57
November 27th, 2022, 23:33
So I'm putting in a couple of ships from the Alpha Quadrant book and I can no longer enter anything in the Description field. Everything on the front page works fine, just the desc page.

Also on NPC's the Disciplines turn to zero when you lock the npc but change back if you unlock it. But if you close the npc and reopen all the disciplines are zero locked or unlocked.

Pushed a hotfix to address these issues.

vegaserik
November 27th, 2022, 23:57
Pushed a hotfix to address these issues.

That was FAST!! Thank you!!!!

Valravn30
December 2nd, 2022, 22:03
Just noticed that Encounter With a Truly Alien Being (a Career Event) has Control as the Attribute it raises, mechanically, but the description says it should be Reason.

I checked the rulebook and that says Reason, so I'm guessing it's the Control in the detail panel that's wrong.

superteddy57
December 3rd, 2022, 03:09
Thanks for the report. I'll push an update for this with the next weekly update.

Will Tomorrow
December 9th, 2022, 19:50
Hello all! Thanks for the gorgeous LCARS UI for the STA stuff! Wonderful!

Unfortunatley I am having some difficulties with using both the weapons as statted in the STA module to make attack rolls, and creating custom weapons to circumvent the issue.

All weapon items appear to be incorrectly referencing Security/Security as the attack roll made. The STA CRB (p174) says that attacks are a combination of an attribute and discipline roll, like the other rolls in the 2D20 system. Melee attacks use Daring + Security and ranged attacks Control + Security respectively. There is no way way to set an Attribute for the attack attribute, as it only references Disciplines in the attack Attribute slot of the weapon item detail card. This seems to break the calculations for all combat automations. See the steps to reproduce the issue below.

REPRODUCE
1) Open an existing weapon item
2) Unlock Item sheet
3) Attempt to edit the ATK Discipline to the appropriate Attribute

Expected: To be able to select an ATK Attribute for the automation roll
Actual: The field is limited to Discipline cell selection

Thanks for all your hard work! I'm sure this will be remedied swiftly with the quality on display!

superteddy57
December 9th, 2022, 23:54
The controls on weapons are for the attack and damage discipline used. From the core rulebook I have looked over I couldn't find any other need for the attribute to be changed from it's default. It appears only the discipline was changed. Nerve pinch comes to mind. Since some attacks use different disciplines for the TN it was added to allow that change. I will try to reproduce the others you have reported.

Atreides Ghola
December 10th, 2022, 00:21
Hey Dominic,

This is the issue I was talking about on Discord, vis a vis Nerve Pinch not calculating the TN correctly. I think Will had some others as well.

Will Tomorrow
December 10th, 2022, 01:03
I am specifically unable to even set an attribute to be rolled. It only allows for disciplines. All phasers in my FGU roll security/security when fired via the automation on the combat tab. I had to create an unarmed attack weapon item to use in the combat tab automation as it is not present in the items and am only able to select two Disciplines for it. The roll is an Attribute and a Discipline. There is currently no way to select an Attribute, it just clicks through Disciplines. There is no way to create an attack that will roll an Attribute and a Discipline IE Daring+ Security for a melee attack using the weapon items or custom weapons.

I'm struggling to find a way to clarify the issue further? All I need to do is open a weapon to see that it rolls security/security. If I test the roll, it rolls the appropriate math for security/security. There is no weapon attack that I am aware of in the STA system that rolls Security/Security or ANY Discipline/Discipline combination. All rolls are resolved with an Attribute/Discipline, so why am I unable to create an attack that uses the combat automation using an Attribute/Discipline. Furthermore, I'm confused as to why all the phasers in the CRB transcription into FGU list Security/Security in their item description when the actual rulebook clarifies that it is a Control/Security.

Maybe I am misunderstanding the UI and math, or I could be misunderstanding your explanation, but the issue seems pretty self evident to me upon a cursory examination of the system.

EDIT: I was factually misundertsanding ATK and DMG discipline UI. There remains the issue of the TN's not updating to reflect changes made to the atrributes/disciplines, as with the example given with the Nerve Pinch below though

Atreides Ghola
December 10th, 2022, 01:30
Items are not setting the TN number correctly if you change the default Discipline. Example is Nerve Pinch.

To recreate - drag Nerve Pinch to the sheet, and change the ATK and DMG fields from Security to Science (normal for NP) or any other Discipline.
Roll produces a TN that says Daring + Science in the chat card, but is calculating Daring + Security TN, regardless of the change.

Creating a new item and setting the ATK and DMG fields to Science then dragging the NP to the sheet produces the same miscalculation when rolling.

https://discord.com/channels/274582899045695488/1014596307454808094/1050845960449818695

superteddy57
December 10th, 2022, 02:10
Right, I will check it out. Just wanted to explain why you see Security/Security in the controls on the item. They represent being able to change the discipline for the calculation. I haven't seen anywhere in the materials I was given where the Attribute wasn't set by the type of the attack. I'm not disputing the validity of your reports and will attempt to replicate and see what might be causing the issue. Just wanted to be sure it was relayed the logic of the sheet.

superteddy57
December 10th, 2022, 03:01
I pushed a hot fix for the attack Tn and damage rating not updating when changed on the item sheet for the PCs.

Atreides Ghola
December 10th, 2022, 14:25
Awesome, thank you!

RE: Choosing Attributes - RAW yes, they only put forward Control + Security for ranged and Daring + Security for melee. I personally would rather use Fitness + Security for melee, and Daring for an extra special, Kirk Flying Butt attack, so the drop down would be nice in that case. I understood that you'd put it in w/o the drop down to reflect the CRB RAW.

Anyway, Cheers again for hotfixing the TN calculation so quickly!

Reg
December 18th, 2022, 04:55
Issue with Token & Portrait selection and assignment

My GM and I were setting up crew for the newly created ship.

We had the Party Sheet open, along with my PC and Support and the GM had all the other PC's and the support PC

The Support for several players were not yet assigned tokens, so the GM dragged in a token from assets.

This overwrote the portraits and token for my PC as well as the two other just added (to ship crew) support sheets

When I changed my PC token back, it then overwrote those same two characters token along with mine.

The GM was able to assign tokens to support character sheets, but I could not

We are both now confused

superteddy57
December 18th, 2022, 15:29
Thank you for the report. I will add this to my list to investigate.

Arborhawk
December 20th, 2022, 02:21
I am Reg's GM and figured a fix to the issue. Tokens being placed on the Token Slot, seems to fix the issue. Myself or the others were probably placing tokens on the Portrait Slot on the character sheet. Why it linked 3 characters together and then 2 others is a mystery.

superteddy57
December 20th, 2022, 09:06
Well Star Trek does operate with some new features that no other ruleset has had the pleasure of testing out. Companions are bit of an odd ball record as it's owned by the player, but also needs to operate like an NPC. So it might be some drop code with one of those templates that thinks it's the player and not the companion itself. That's just one working theory. I won't know anything more concrete till I have some bandwidth to look it over.

Reg
December 28th, 2022, 04:32
Crew Names truncated

Another minor annoyance that has cropped up.

We've just started a new campaign and while everyone is getting used to who's character belongs to whom, we thought that we'd append our real names at the front

The portraits at top left are too small and the Party Sheet truncates them as if centred.

The only place the full text shows up in in Chat for rolls or typed comments

So there's nowhere at a quick glance to check who is is who.

Is there a way around this?

superteddy57
December 28th, 2022, 10:00
I'm currently on vacation and wont' be able to look at this till I am back.

Reg
December 28th, 2022, 13:59
I'm currently on vacation and wont' be able to look at this till I am back.

Enjoy your much-deserved break!

No rush and never expected otherwise - just wanted to add it to the list of things to look into.

See you next Year

Reg
December 31st, 2022, 07:48
During a test session with our DM and another player familiar with the Pen & Paper version - we think that there might be a glitch in ship combat for how DM threat and Player Momentum spends are calculated to apply to subsequent attack damage rolls.

So when we spend two momentum by clicking penetration twice, the Momentum is reduced, but the target ship's Resistance is NOT ignored by the purchased amount.

Also the special effects any StarFleet deltas that are rolled are not cumulatively applied to numerous systems of the target ship

Reg
December 31st, 2022, 08:32
...and we have another possible glitch for combat.

The difficulty for either ship-to-ship or personal combat seems to ignore the difficulty set by the DM and the defaults are always 1 for ship - either phaser or torpedo - or 2 for personal weapons

This doesn't change for momentum spent.

superteddy57
December 31st, 2022, 14:55
During a test session with our DM and another player familiar with the Pen & Paper version - we think that there might be a glitch in ship combat for how DM threat and Player Momentum spends are calculated to apply to subsequent attack damage rolls.

So when we spend two momentum by clicking penetration twice, the Momentum is reduced, but the target ship's Resistance is NOT ignored by the purchased amount.

Also the special effects any StarFleet deltas that are rolled are not cumulatively applied to numerous systems of the target ship

You will have to add the effects by hand. It's not automated.

...and we have another possible glitch for combat.

The difficulty for either ship-to-ship or personal combat seems to ignore the difficulty set by the DM and the defaults are always 1 for ship - either phaser or torpedo - or 2 for personal weapons

This doesn't change for momentum spent.

If an action has a built in difficulty, it can't be overridden by the difficulty selection. As the GM's difficulty selection is always on it would cause havoc. That is why you are seeing the difficulty not changing for those actions.

Reg
January 4th, 2023, 05:23
You will have to add the effects by hand. It's not automated.

If an action has a built in difficulty, it can't be overridden by the difficulty selection. As the GM's difficulty selection is always on it would cause havoc. That is why you are seeing the difficulty not changing for those actions.

These two things seem to be contradictory.

Energy weapons are the primary armament of most
vessels, as they are straightforward, effective, and do
not require additional heavy munitions stores — only
rechargeable power cells and relays that connect to the
vessel’s power systems. Attacks using energy weapons
have a basic Difficulty of 2. Making an attack with an
energy weapon has a Power requirement of 1, and
may spend up to two additional Power to increase the
damage by +1 per additional Power spent.

Torpedo weapons, such as the common photon
torpedoes employed by vessels of many species, are
programmable, self-propelled projectiles with an explosive
payload, such as a quantity of antimatter, or some manner
of field generator. Attacks with torpedoes do not have
a Power requirement, but also cannot use additional
Power to add bonus . However, firing torpedoes can
be considered to escalate hostilities, so attacking with
torpedoes immediately adds 1 to Threat. Characters may
choose to fire a torpedo salvo instead of a single torpedo
(also known as a “Full Spread”), which adds 2 more to
Threat, but which adds +1 to the attack’s Damage and
grants the Spread effect. Attacks using torpedoes have a
basic Difficulty of 3.

RANGE: This will be one of Close (or C), Medium (M), or Long (L). This is not a maximum range, but rather the optimal range of the weapon. If the target is at that distance, the Difficulty of the attack is unchanged. If the target is closer or further away, increase the Difficulty of the attack by +1 for each category (Close, Medium, Long, or Extreme) away from the weapon’s Range. p.231

Then there's things like attack patterns and evasive manoeuvre that will also create a difficulty change that don't seem to be automated, so would require the GM to alter the default difficulty for an attack shot.

That's before you consider any of the story might dictate.

Would it not be better to default to 2& 3 that the GM can then alter depending upon circumstances?

superteddy57
January 4th, 2023, 12:53
You can add the DIFFICULTY effect to increase or decrease such cases.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2107441166/Star+Trek+Adventures+2d20+Advanced+Effects

Felderburg
January 5th, 2023, 06:15
I guess this is a bug... when I export a character, most of the apostrophes are converted to the "&#8217 ;" text (space inserted so that it doesn't show up as an apostrophe). I suspect that a lot of the apostrophes used in talents and item descriptions are the "curly" type instead of the straight type, which is causing the issue. I don't think it's a problem, but it is sort of annoying, and in some items like the tricorder, for example, both types are used.

superteddy57
January 5th, 2023, 10:35
That would be something that is inherent from CoreRPG and not something that can be resolved with the ruleset. Until something is done at that layer, I would suggest trying to copy and paste into a text editor and changing them to a standard apostrophe.

Felderburg
January 6th, 2023, 18:16
That would be something that is inherent from CoreRPG and not something that can be resolved with the ruleset. Until something is done at that layer, I would suggest trying to copy and paste into a text editor and changing them to a standard apostrophe.

Well, using the Tricorder example, it looks like the text that is put into descriptions of talents or items can use a straight apostrophe within the ruleset, but the things that come from the book are locked so we can't edit them ourselves. It would be nice if future books just use the straight apostrophe when they're written to avoid the issue.

superteddy57
January 6th, 2023, 18:20
I can add it to my list to investigate and see if I can find a solution.

Felderburg
January 7th, 2023, 03:54
When I *click* the question marks that have tooltip popups for attributes and disciplines, I get the following error in chat: "UtilityManager.sendToHelpLink - Missing URL". The tooltip popup appears to be working properly (in that when I mouse over the question mark, info on the attribute/discipline pops up).

superteddy57
January 7th, 2023, 05:10
That is on my list. They aren't meant to be clicked and should just be mouse over tooltips.

Felderburg
January 9th, 2023, 00:02
Issue with Token & Portrait selection and assignment

My GM and I were setting up crew for the newly created ship.

We had the Party Sheet open, along with my PC and Support and the GM had all the other PC's and the support PC

The Support for several players were not yet assigned tokens, so the GM dragged in a token from assets.

This overwrote the portraits and token for my PC as well as the two other just added (to ship crew) support sheets

When I changed my PC token back, it then overwrote those same two characters token along with mine.

The GM was able to assign tokens to support character sheets, but I could not

We are both now confused

I also found similar issues with the support character tokens. I created a support character, and when I clicked on its portrait to change it, it changed portraits and tokens for itself and the "parent" character. When I drag-copied it to another character, it didn't change until I changed the second character's. Changing a copied support character sometimes didn't change the parent character and sometimes the parent didn't change a copied support character. Opening the "Assets" window and dragging from there to a portrait/token on a character seemed to force the character (support or parent) to keep the dragged choices no matter what other characters did.

This was sort of a haphazard testing, so I don't have specific steps/reproductions, but can do it again with actual methodology if needed.

superteddy57
January 9th, 2023, 00:05
Thanks, this was reported and it's being looked into. Thanks for the report.

Felderburg
February 17th, 2023, 05:40
The talent "The Ushaan" doesn't include the Starfleet Delta when it describes the Ushaan weapon. It looks like FG doesn't support the delta in an actual font, so I think it should use dC6 to notate that as other talents do (I think The Ushaan is the only one missing the dC6).

superteddy57
February 17th, 2023, 07:56
Please let me know the module you are seeing this as it helps direct it to the correct developer and makes it easier to find.

superteddy57
February 17th, 2023, 08:18
I was able to locate it in the Core Rulebook. I will push an update for this when the beta goes LIVE with the ruleset.

stephan_
February 25th, 2023, 13:14
Trying to add a PC to the ship in the party tab gives an error (creatChild a nil value - typo?), adding NPCs does work.

Script execution error: [string "..rek Adventures 2d20:..anager_charship.lua"]:750: attempt to call field 'creatChild' (a nil value)

(recreated in a new campaign)

superteddy57
February 25th, 2023, 13:24
Apologies, you are correct, I didn't spell createChild correctly.

superteddy57
February 25th, 2023, 15:35
Pushed hotfix for this issue.

Felderburg
March 13th, 2023, 02:48
The talent "Know My Ship" (in fantasy grounds core module) should be "I Know My Ship" (per core rulebook page 137).

superteddy57
March 13th, 2023, 15:12
I've updated the Core Rulebook module with the change for the typo. Will be available with the next update push.

GregRex
April 7th, 2023, 11:00
I just ran 'The Rescue at Xerxes IV' last night. It was my third time. I recall there being NPC records included for the Neanderthals, Xerxes Jaguar, and Dr. Heidi Schipp. Text in the story clues me in that there should be.

*edit This is from the Core Rulebook

superteddy57
April 7th, 2023, 17:12
That is correct, there should be 3 NPC records available with the starting adventure with the Core Rulebook (The Rescue at Xerxes). I opened that module and could locate those records under the NPCs link in the library and they show up in the sidebar button (masterindex) as well. Are they not showing up for you?

GregRex
April 8th, 2023, 00:53
I just created a new campaign to give it a test. Still no NPC records. The Story entries have no links either.

superteddy57
April 8th, 2023, 03:11
I did another push of the product, please let me know if this changed anything.

GregRex
April 8th, 2023, 11:05
Well, I have it now. I may have been there before but now I have both the Core Rulebook and the separate adventure 'The Rescue at Xerxes' loaded. I can't 100% say that I had The Rescue at Xerxes to load previously.

The confusion stems from the Story being in both the Core Rulebook and in the separate adventure. I was running the Story out of the Core Rulebook which did not contain the NPCs. Image below for clarification:

superteddy57
April 8th, 2023, 18:04
Ah, that might be on me then and not removing the adventure from the core rulebook when I went to create the separate module. I'll look it over and adjust the core rulebook to eliminate the confusion.

GenesisX
April 9th, 2023, 00:13
When using the character creation wizard, Training offers a choice between One +2, Two +1 and Three +1, while the rulebook states One +2 and One +1, or Three+1. I believe this is a bug.

superteddy57
April 12th, 2023, 05:27
When using the character creation wizard, Training offers a choice between One +2, Two +1 and Three +1, while the rulebook states One +2 and One +1, or Three+1. I believe this is a bug.

Pushed a fix to LIVE that should help resolve this issue.

travin
April 13th, 2023, 16:49
You can add the DIFFICULTY effect to increase or decrease such cases.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/2107441166/Star+Trek+Adventures+2d20+Advanced+Effects

Is there any other documentation on this feature? I cannot understand how/where to apply it. Is the # supposed to be in the title or something else? Please assist.

superteddy57
April 13th, 2023, 19:07
The wiki is the best place for information on the ruleset.

It would need to be added to the actor as an effect which can be done directly or setting up custom effects from the tools effects button. Once applied it will increase/decrease every action's difficulty by that number.

travin
April 13th, 2023, 22:50
The documentation at the link isn't as helpful as I'd like.

My scenario is to increase the difficulty of some default ship rolls, such as "Scan for Weakness".

If I want to increase the difficulty from a 1 to a 2, would that be DIFFICULTY: 1, DIFFICULTY: +1, DIFFICULTY: 2?

Then does the effect go onto the person performing the task, the ship doing the scan, or the ship being scanned?

superteddy57
April 13th, 2023, 23:11
The difficulty would go on the actor performing the roll. The DIFFICULTY effect adjusts the difficulty from either the action being performed, if it has a set difficulty, or takes in the difficulty set on the desktop.

Morik
June 14th, 2023, 06:50
We got all five of our characters made tonight. Got our ships added to the Party Sheet. Went back to view character sheets prior to starting and noticed everyone's Disciplines had been reset to 0. It won't let any of us edit this to set them back to what they were supposed to be. Is there a way to fix this or do we have to start over (and will it happen again)?

Morik
June 14th, 2023, 06:52
Well, I guess a couple of the characters have one or two in a Discipline or two, so they aren't all at 0, just most of them.
(Note that some were made with the Creator and some were entered manually if this matters).

I recreated one of the characters in a different campaign. I used the character creator. As soon as I finished, the same thing happened.

Morik
June 14th, 2023, 07:27
57711 Here's a pic. Note the Discipline. None of us can change them. The Command and Security should both be 4. Don't remember the lower ones.

This screenshot is from when I recreated the character from a freshly created campaign (with all modules loaded)

I had an update right before I noticed this issue.

superteddy57
June 14th, 2023, 14:56
I am able to verify and investigating. The template for that control was changed to work with the new FG update that just released.

Morik
June 14th, 2023, 17:25
My ever-loving and faithful players contacted me with the message, "So, what did you break?". So trusting... lol

superteddy57
June 14th, 2023, 18:19
Nothing you did as I can see it with other controls that use that functionality. We'll get an update out when we are able to nail down the issue.

Morik
June 15th, 2023, 00:43
Can I work on my Campaign (add npcs, ships, and such), or should I wait to see if I need to remake the whole campaign?

superteddy57
June 15th, 2023, 03:42
I pushed a hotfix for the issue. Should be available now. Please update and see if it's resolved on your end.

Trentius
June 15th, 2023, 04:21
Hi just did update... now the campaign won't load at all... from the console log:

[6/14/2023 9:16:43 PM] [ERROR] Error loading ruleset XML file. [Star Trek Adventures 2d20] [campaign/record_char_main.xml]: The 'sheetdata' start tag on line 279 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'hn'. Line 282, position 6.

Hope this helps...

superteddy57
June 15th, 2023, 04:24
Thanks for the report. I'll have a look.

superteddy57
June 15th, 2023, 04:25
Was a typo on my part. Pushed a new hotfix to address it.

Trentius
June 15th, 2023, 19:25
Installed the latest updates, I can now load my Campaign, and the "Disciplines" problem has gone away...

Thanks for the quick action on this! :)

Morik
June 15th, 2023, 19:39
Sorry, was sick all day. I'll have a look at all of mine now

Morik
June 15th, 2023, 19:42
OK. Stats are back, but incorrect (one of them shows a 10 in Command). I can change them as gm now. So, let me fix them and play around a bit.

Morik
June 15th, 2023, 20:31
Seems to be ok. tyvm :)

I'll know more when they players log in to tear things up.

Trentius
June 15th, 2023, 21:25
Came across another bug:

[6/15/2023 2:19:10 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "C:ps_bridge:list_iedit"]:23: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)

This is triggered when hitting the "Edit List" button on the Party Sheet - Bridge Tab ...

Not particularly critical, but thought y'all would like to know... :)

Morik
June 15th, 2023, 22:45
Good catch. Completely forgot. I get "Campaign Saved (0 seconds)" several times with that one too.

superteddy57
June 16th, 2023, 00:48
Pushed another hotfix for the bridge issue.

Morik
June 16th, 2023, 11:33

Ship-to-ship combat:I get the above error when clicking on the Crew die of the enemy ship (Romulan Warbird).

Morik
June 16th, 2023, 15:10
sorry, though I found another bug... my moronic mistake.

superteddy57
June 16th, 2023, 15:37
I'm not able to replicate with the steps you provided. Did you do anything else to have that error be produced?

AusHope
June 19th, 2023, 01:22
Have noticed that when using the character builder in Star Trek Adventures when you select "Isolated Colony" instead of giving the options for Engineering, Science and Medicine (as stated in the text), it instead gives the options for Command, Engineering and Science. I posted an image of the error in the Fantasy Grounds Academy, see link below.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035960796980715560/1120143741903175751/image.png

Morik
June 19th, 2023, 04:54

Ship-to-ship combat:I get the above error when clicking on the Crew die of the enemy ship (Romulan Warbird).

Been out for Father's Day stuff. Let me see if I can replicate this.

Morik
June 19th, 2023, 04:59
This seems to happen for every ship I try it on.

I bring up a random ship and scroll down to Crew. When I click on the die (by the little crew icon), it gives me the above error.

I have Core and Alpha Quadrant loaded. These are stock ships, nothing I've created myself. It seems to happen for every ship I pull up. Is that die not supposed to be used? I thought it was for Crew actions that weren't covered by anything else on the sheet.

superteddy57
June 19th, 2023, 05:54
Pushed a hotfix for the issue reported.

Morik
June 19th, 2023, 06:57
Fixed! tyvm.

Off to work on my Conan game for tomorrow.

Morik
June 19th, 2023, 09:19
Btw, this probably isn't a bug, but I usually log in another instance (via localhost) to play certain NPCs (they have mostly full character sheets). However, after the most recent patch (not hotfix) I can no longer do this. When I try to join, it either tries to connect forever, or I get the license key conflict. Did something change?

Terawatt
June 30th, 2023, 03:50
I did a quick search of the thread and didn't see anything, so hopefully I'm not repeating something that's already been reported.

When attempting to create a ship entry by right clicking on the party sheet and creating item, I find that several of the fields are locked and cannot be changed. I am able to hit the edit button and adjust Systems, but nothing happens when I hit the up or down button for departments. I suspect this might be a display bug, because I can create a new ship entry and if I click up/down on the Departments BEFORE applying a Ship Profile I still won't see the values change, but when I apply the profile suddenly the values reflect any changes I made.

For example, I create a new ship and start with a 0 in engineering. If I apply 'Crisis and Emergency Response' the Engineering value should change to 1. I can click up/down and the value never changes away from one, however if I create a new ship and have a 0 for Engineering, click up 6 times on it, then apply Crisis and Emergency Response, the value for Engineering with be 7.

I did just discover that you can however hold CTRL and scroll the mouse wheel while hovering over these fields to alter their values. This works for the mechanics, but you see a little +whatever number you changed it to vs the base being altered. Obviously the up/down buttons not working is an issue, but the +3 bubble isn't perfect. In my case I was attempting to build a ship using the Utopia Planitia rules which are not in FG just yet - the Depts and shield values were incorrect because it was using the old values, but when I attempted to correct them the only way I can get the right value is to make it look boosted.

Beyond the Department buttons, Power, Crew Support, Shields, and Resistance cannot be set - only given a bonus like the Departments. Same issue I mentioned above, the Utopia Planitia rules indicate my ship should have 12 shields, but when I built it with the rules currently in FG it only had 10 and the only way to increase them adds the little +2 bonus box. It works, but isn't optimal.

Morik
June 30th, 2023, 04:14
I did a quick search of the thread and didn't see anything, so hopefully I'm not repeating something that's already been reported.

When attempting to create a ship entry by right clicking on the party sheet and creating item, I find that several of the fields are locked and cannot be changed. I am able to hit the edit button and adjust Systems, but nothing happens when I hit the up or down button for departments. I suspect this might be a display bug, because I can create a new ship entry and if I click up/down on the Departments BEFORE applying a Ship Profile I still won't see the values change, but when I apply the profile suddenly the values reflect any changes I made.

For example, I create a new ship and start with a 0 in engineering. If I apply 'Crisis and Emergency Response' the Engineering value should change to 1. I can click up/down and the value never changes away from one, however if I create a new ship and have a 0 for Engineering, click up 6 times on it, then apply Crisis and Emergency Response, the value for Engineering with be 7.

I did just discover that you can however hold CTRL and scroll the mouse wheel while hovering over these fields to alter their values. This works for the mechanics, but you see a little +whatever number you changed it to vs the base being altered. Obviously the up/down buttons not working is an issue, but the +3 bubble isn't perfect. In my case I was attempting to build a ship using the Utopia Planitia rules which are not in FG just yet - the Depts and shield values were incorrect because it was using the old values, but when I attempted to correct them the only way I can get the right value is to make it look boosted.

Beyond the Department buttons, Power, Crew Support, Shields, and Resistance cannot be set - only given a bonus like the Departments. Same issue I mentioned above, the Utopia Planitia rules indicate my ship should have 12 shields, but when I built it with the rules currently in FG it only had 10 and the only way to increase them adds the little +2 bonus box. It works, but isn't optimal.

I'm noticing this too, I think. I thought maybe there were some in-game rules I was breaking and simply didn't know. I can create an NPC ship from the Ships tab, but when I do it from the party sheet, it's... wonky. I can change some things, but not others. Most of my problems seem to come after selecting the Class. Does the Class lock the Departments into certain ranges?

As an example: I couldn't create the USS Lexington. After choosing the Constellation class, I couldn't get Conn to go down to one. Two was the minimum. Is that a bug? I'm still learning about ships and the associated rules. The Lexington has a Conn of 1 in its description.

superteddy57
June 30th, 2023, 05:05
Pushed a hotfix and should be available if you run the updater.

Morik
June 30th, 2023, 12:51
OK, creating the USS Lexington from the Shackleton Expanse Guide...

Party Sheet: Conn won't go down to 1 like it's supposed to be. The rest of the Systems and Departments are ok. Don't seem to be able to change Resistance and Power to what they are supposed to be, either.

Ship Tab: When I create the ship using the Ships Tab, everything works fine. Then, when I transfer the ship to the Party Sheet, it changes the stats.

Morik
June 30th, 2023, 13:04
Bug: Party Sheet - Advancement Tab
When I try to Add anything or Edit anything I get an error. I'll add a pic when I get the chance. Should be pretty easy to replicate though. Just go to the Advancement tab on the Party sheet and hit either button on the bottom right.

superteddy57
June 30th, 2023, 18:03
I only am able to verify with materials I have and I don't have that particular source to see the USS Lexington. When you create the ship are you dropping a Frame and a Profile? If you are using a Frame and Profile, then their bonuses get added to the display on the ship sheet from the PS. You can't reduce it below what they provide. The Resistance and Power are static boxes as they are derived from the stats of the ship. However, there is the option of adding/subtracting using the misc bonus by holding down CTRL + Mouse wheel to adjust the misc bonus for that control.

I tried with a copy of a Klingon ship to replicate what you are reporting with dropping that ship to the PS and it does have stats that don't match the source record. I have adjusted the code and it is working on my end now with that adjustment.

The Advancement tab does produce an error and that is due to some of the controls needing to be updated with the latest changes made recently.

I pushed an update for those issues I could find a solution.

Morik
June 30th, 2023, 23:30
OK. I think the ship thing is simply my lack of understanding the rules and the mod. I'll play around a bit. tyvm... again! You are amazingly quick on this. Thank you!

Morik
July 2nd, 2023, 16:50
Is there a way to set the character sheet up to where the values show all the time? They are very important and they're sort of hidden.

superteddy57
July 2nd, 2023, 18:19
Which values are you referring to?

Morik
July 3rd, 2023, 03:14
Sorry... A character's Values. As in the Value Statements that define the character's motivations or reasons they do what they do. I think you get four of them during creation. Does that make sense?

Currently, they're hidden under Notes.

superteddy57
July 3rd, 2023, 03:32
I would ask for a visual to help me understand what you are referring to. I'm just not quite understanding what you mean

Morik
July 3rd, 2023, 04:26
Rulebook, page 95. Soon as I get back to my Computer, I'll post a screenshot.

Morik
July 3rd, 2023, 04:43
Print Screen not working for some reason...

Morik
July 3rd, 2023, 04:53
I apologize. I've been in the ER all night (I'm fine). The meds have me pretty messed up, lol... I may have to wait till tomorrow. Not sure why I can't get the screenshot.

superteddy57
July 3rd, 2023, 04:57
If you are referring to the Values and Traits a character receives during creation, then I have relegated it to be organized and referenced from the Notes tab in the notes frame.

You can of course add more entries for each value or trait and the player can elaborate to their heart's content. There unfortunately isn't enough space on the character sheet for something that can provide that much depth. I am open for suggestions and feedback. So back to your original question, they can be shown all the time if the title of the note is your trait or value.

Moon Wizard
July 3rd, 2023, 06:27
You can use Windows + Shift + S to use the Windows Snipping Tool to make quick partial screen clips.

Regards,
JPG

Felderburg
July 4th, 2023, 04:51
Windows 11 has changed the default functionality of the print screen button to bring up the Snipping Tool. It can be undone in the options, but it may be why you're having issues.

Morik
July 4th, 2023, 13:12
Thanks folks. Currently getting fgu on a different drive. Once I'm done I'll try more screenshots.

As far as Values, I'll start saving them individually so I don't have to dig into player's notes to view them (the notes on the player sheets).

Btw, once I have FGU on my D drive (updating it now), can I just copy everything over from my C drive (original location)?

Morik
July 5th, 2023, 04:33
OK, got another one. I made a couple of support characters. When I drug one over to the combat tracker or onto the ship in the party sheet (not sure which one caused it) it changed the portrait and token of both Support characters and my chief engineer to the same portrait and token. These support characters weren't even associated with the character they changed.

I know that wasn't clear, so here's the example. There are 4 player characters on the NX-05 Atlantis. Our Andorian science officer made a support character (a Tellarite medic). She chose a portrait and token for the Tellarite and everything was fine (she did NOT drag the Tellarite over to the CT or PS).
then
Our Human captain made a support character (human security officer) and selected his portrait and token. Everything still OK. I pulled the security officer over to the Combat Tracker and then onto the ship (Party Sheet). Once he was on the Party Sheet, I noticed that the security officer's portrait and token was now on him, the Tellarite, and our human engineer (who has no support character). When I changed the engineer's pix back to what they were supposed to be, it changed the Tellarite and security officer's pix to that of the engineer.

Every time I fix one of those three characters (both supports and the PC), all three switch to the same pix.

superteddy57
July 5th, 2023, 06:10
That does sound like an issue, I'll have to look into it.

Morik
July 6th, 2023, 03:25
Any luck replicating that? Was it clear enough?

superteddy57
July 6th, 2023, 05:40
I am currently looking at it and will try and find a solution. I have no ETA on a fix at this time.

superteddy57
July 7th, 2023, 07:02
Pushed a fix for the PC Ally changing parent portrait/token

Morik
July 8th, 2023, 05:08
Still having an issue. The supporting characters aren't even changing their parent character. They're changing unrelated characters and other Support characters.

superteddy57
July 8th, 2023, 10:37
I'm not able to replicate with the newest code. The issue previously was due to the portrait control overriding the parent. I would suggest removing the actor from the crew and then adding them back into the ship. I have tested with a few random PC characters and their allies and didn't spot any token adjustment during that test setup. If you are still seeing this, I may need more steps to replicate as they may differ from the ones I'm using for my testing.

Morik
July 8th, 2023, 13:31
Testing now. Was stuck on a new Conan Exiles server all morning.

Morik
July 8th, 2023, 13:35
Works like a charm.

I'll see if I can break something. lol

pno_mn
July 14th, 2023, 15:16
Not a bug, really. More of a feature request, actually. Could you enable a rest function in the Combat Tracker menu that resets stress and the AI toggle for the player characters?

superteddy57
July 14th, 2023, 19:07
I will have this available in the next weekly update.

Caratacus
August 30th, 2023, 01:26
I believe I've discovered a small variance from the rules in the Threat Purchases box. When I choose "Bonus Damage" it adds an extra damage die, whereas the rules state to add +1 Damage. Easy to work around if you're aware, but I imagine also fairly easy to fix.

Caratacus

enrious
September 26th, 2023, 22:30
The Reference Manual for Better Days isn't unlockable.

superteddy57
September 27th, 2023, 12:05
Passed onto the dev to have a look.

Jiminimonka
September 27th, 2023, 21:07
The Reference Manual for Better Days isn't unlockable.

Hotfixed (should be unlockable soon)

Caratacus
September 28th, 2023, 01:39
Just curious if anyone looked at and is addressing my previous post?

"I believe I've discovered a small variance from the rules in the Threat Purchases box. When I choose "Bonus Damage" it adds an extra damage die, whereas the rules state to add +1 Damage point. Easy to work around if you're aware, but I imagine also fairly easy to fix," from August 29th in this forum. (See above)

superteddy57
September 28th, 2023, 04:03
I have been looking at it and I have no feature that will allow this to tack on additional damage at this time. I will change it from adding a damage die to simply a chat output so it doesn't cause issues till a further solution is found.

superteddy57
September 28th, 2023, 04:58
I spent some more time on it before settling on a chat output and found a solution. When you select the Bonus Damage purchase it will apply a +1 to the damage total on the next damage roll. This will be pushed with the next update for the ruleset.

Caratacus
September 28th, 2023, 15:47
Awesome! Thank you

enrious
October 2nd, 2023, 04:27
Hotfixed (should be unlockable soon)

Verified that Better Days' RefMan is now unlockable, however Unforseen Consequences' is not. Nor is the Core Rulebook but not sure if that's by design, but since the Stories are not unlockable it means that I can't edit the adventure via either avenue.

Also while Remnants has an unlockable refman, it's title means that searching for "sta" or "star trek" or "star trek adventures" means that it will be skipped is an issue.

Moon Wizard
October 2nd, 2023, 04:48
The Core Rulebook should be read-only by default; but any adventures should be unlockable and editable.

Regards,
JPG

superteddy57
October 2nd, 2023, 05:19
Verified that Better Days' RefMan is now unlockable, however Unforseen Consequences' is not. Nor is the Core Rulebook but not sure if that's by design, but since the Stories are not unlockable it means that I can't edit the adventure via either avenue.

Also while Remnants has an unlockable refman, it's title means that searching for "sta" or "star trek" or "star trek adventures" means that it will be skipped is an issue.

I'm not able to locate Unforseen Consequences', can you provide a link to the adventure? As Moon stated the Core Rulebook is set to read only per design. I will be pushing a fix for a typo for the title of Remnants, but not quite sure what you mean by your last statement in regards to searching. The title of the adventure is Remnants and only the capital E was out of place. Can you please elaborate for me on the issue?

superteddy57
October 2nd, 2023, 05:24
I was able to locate the module for Unforeseen Consequences. Thank you, I'll pass this along to the dev to investigate.

enrious
October 2nd, 2023, 05:49
The Core Rulebook should be read-only by default; but any adventures should be unlockable and editable.

Regards,
JPG

I get it but there's an adventure included within, how can I customize otherwise? That's my inquiry.

enrious
October 2nd, 2023, 05:50
I was able to locate the module for Unforeseen Consequences. Thank you, I'll pass this along to the dev to investigate.

Tyvm, I just ask for consistency, as no doubt you do as well.

superteddy57
October 2nd, 2023, 05:58
I get it but there's an adventure included within, how can I customize otherwise? That's my inquiry.

The adventure that comes with the Core Rulebook purchase is not located within the Core Rulebook module. The Rescue At Xerxes is a separate module and is unlocked per the guidelines of adventures we provide. I opened and verified this myself when checking into your reports. If you are seeing something differently with Rescue At Xerxes, we might need to see what you are seeing to help get this resolved.

Jiminimonka
October 2nd, 2023, 06:34
Unforseen Circumstances hotfixed so it is unlocked.

Draykor
October 5th, 2023, 23:27
Looks like Vicious on the Ushaan-Tor does not seem to be applying

superteddy57
October 6th, 2023, 00:00
Pushed an update to resolve this report.

Tanklin Kregin
October 19th, 2023, 02:27
Hello Folks
I starting my first campaign in STA official, and for some reason the only assets (in all 4 choices under the tab) are the token badges. Even when I add to the images folder, nothing new appears in the assets tab, I don't even get any new download from the Forge that I purchase. Nothing existing from the my images folder shows either. I have been running 5e and Savage Worlds adventures for a couple of years now and I did not have this problem. I have also hit the folder update button.
Ty in advance.
Ted

Felderburg
November 2nd, 2023, 02:04
I'm not sure if this is a bug or something unintentionally working as intended. I've added a few species and talents from the books, and the capitilization is a bit weird. The three I've noted so far are "Ferengi (DS9 Character Pack)", "Warrior's Strike", and "Silverblood (Mimetic Doppelgänger)". As far as I can edit, they appear as they just did. However, when I create a character in the lifepath steps creator option, they appear as: "Ferengi (Ds9 Character Pack)", "Warrior'S Strike", and "Silverblood (Mimetic DoppelgäNger)". It appears to me that something is forcing them to appear as Title Case, and interpreting certain characters as part of a word (DS9 >Ds9), or as the end of a word (än > äN, apparently an apostrophe counts as well). The apostrophe was fixed by changing the ’ (right apostrophe) to a ' (straight apostrophe), but I'm not sure how to "fix" the other items. The db.xml has
name type="string" so I assume it's the "string" type that is forcing title case, but I have no idea.

superteddy57
November 2nd, 2023, 03:32
Not a bug, it is working as it was intended to. The code needs to parse the text and supply automation. So all those strings tend to get lowered and then when finished with the automation needs, then made into title case for output.

Felderburg
November 2nd, 2023, 03:39
Not a bug, it is working as it was intended to. The code needs to parse the text and supply automation. So all those strings tend to get lowered and then when finished with the automation needs, then made into title case for output.

So is there a way to make things display as they're intended to? Why does an ä, which should be a normal letter, signify the end of a word?

superteddy57
November 2nd, 2023, 05:46
You can view the StringManager.titleCase script in CoreRPG. This is the function that gets called. The only place I see it using this within Star Trek is when it's setting the text for the buttons. When it sets the data to the character sheet it copies the record or sets the data from the record itself. So, are you saying the text is not appearing on the character sheet the same as the record?

Felderburg
November 2nd, 2023, 18:50
No, it appears to be in things like buttons, so I suppose working as "intended". I only saw it in the Character Creator process, on buttons for species and tlanets, but also on the left side once the species was chosen.

Since the STA ruleset is inaccessible, how can we know what parts of the CoreRPG set are being used or where? Or how can we build extensions or whatever that correctly call things like attributes or disciplines, that aren't in the Core set?

superteddy57
November 2nd, 2023, 19:13
You unfortunately can't know specifically. The publisher decides if a ruleset is vaulted and the code not available to the public.

Felderburg
November 16th, 2023, 03:50
When selecting a training (in the ruleset, command, operations, and sciences track), each one gives an option of two disciplines to have as your 'major', which is increased by two. This works properly. However, the rules as written say that after picking that major, you increase any other two disciplines by one—the ruleset doesn't allow you to choose the other major discipline choice as one of the minors.

So if you choose command track in the character creator, and select command as the 'major' discipline, you can't select conn as a minor. This occurs regardless of whether a discipline is at the limit for this step of 4 or not.

superteddy57
November 16th, 2023, 04:27
The ruleset is currently in lockdown and may be some time till you see the update. The next update will remove the gate keeping on trainings. The ruleset won't hinder selection moving forward when a new update is pushed. So it will be up to the player to ensure they follow the not exceeding 4 at that stage. This will ensure those selections are available.

Felderburg
November 16th, 2023, 04:34
Career events are allowing any discipline to be chosen, even though most of them have a specific discipline named in the description, and chosen in the details.

superteddy57
November 16th, 2023, 04:46
MOD: Merged your previous post with the Bug Report thread. As I mentioned in my previous post a fix will be made available when the ruleset is no longer on lockdown.

Felderburg
November 17th, 2023, 05:23
The "blade" item has the "heavy blade" item's examples; it should have "(Sword, Mek’leth, etc)".

MOD: Merged your previous post with the Bug Report thread. As I mentioned in my previous post a fix will be made available when the ruleset is no longer on lockdown.

Ok, sorry, I thought the Trainings issue was a significant enough bug to warrant its own thread. Should ALL bug reports go here?

Additionally, I don't know what "on lockdown" means. Should we not report bugs until it ends?

superteddy57
November 17th, 2023, 05:39
Yes, it's what we recommend all developers to monitor. So other developers for modules will be looking this thread for issues. Lockdown means that no updates will be pushed till the current Beta is released LIVE. So all those updates will be pushed to the TEST server or held till the rulesets are released from Lockdown status.

Felderburg
November 27th, 2023, 02:56
Torpedoes appear to be adding the ships security *and scale* to their damage dice. For torpedoes, it should only be the torpedo type's base damage + the ship's security. Pages 254-255 of the core book are where that appears.

(There also isn't a way to manually change anything about that.)

superteddy57
November 27th, 2023, 07:07
Well you could use the misc box to adjust. I however thought the system in place was a bit of a headache and decided to expand the entry line with editor window details instead. So creating a weapon is done there now. The ruleset however is in lockdown and a push LIVE will be done once this current BETA goes live. When it is pushed to the TEST server, you may test it out there if you would like.

ericvbrandt
December 1st, 2023, 02:09
I am not sure if this is the correct place to report this but I hit the following error in STA as the GM. No custom content.

[11/30/2023 8:47:39 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..rek Adventures 2d20:..ts/manager_char.lua"]:1337: bad argument #1 to 'concat' (table expected, got nil)

This happens when rolling damage from the combat tab with in any character sheet. Some players were encountering the some issue. For same a relaunching FG seemed to fix the issue but for others it did not.

Any thoughts on what could be causing the issue and how to fix it?

superteddy57
December 1st, 2023, 03:44
I was able to locate the issue and a fix will be pushed to the TEST server once it's been reviewed.

Felderburg
December 9th, 2023, 20:52
Hiding the ID of NPC ships doesn't seem to work. The "ID" button is not on the top right corner in the combat tracker, and clicking the toggle on the character sheet still shows the regular name, not the Non-ID Name, to players.

superteddy57
December 10th, 2023, 00:45
I don't believe that system is hooked up for ships. Will have to have a deeper look on Monday.

superteddy57
December 10th, 2023, 12:00
I looked this over early and found the issue and pushed a new build to the TEST server that should fix the ID issue.

Felderburg
December 19th, 2023, 01:03
I updated Fantasy Grounds, and went to an STA campaign. I got an error message (below), and the party sheet now looks like a traditional fantasy rpg party sheet. The ships are gone, and there's only an inventory and an order tab.

[12/18/2023 6:00:36 PM] CAMPAIGN: KDF1shot_development
[12/18/2023 6:00:36 PM] RULESET: Star Trek Adventures 2d20
[12/18/2023 6:00:36 PM] NETWORK STATUS: [Server] [Connected]
[Server Type - CLOUD - PUBLIC]
[12/18/2023 6:00:36 PM] Match successfully created on lobby.
[12/18/2023 6:00:38 PM] [WARNING] windowclass: Window class (ps_xp_quests) defined with merge attribute, but asset name does not match existing asset. [Star Trek Adventures 2d20] [ps/ps_xp.xml]
[12/18/2023 6:00:38 PM] [WARNING] windowclass: Window class (ps_xp_questentry) defined with merge attribute, but asset name does not match existing asset. [Star Trek Adventures 2d20] [ps/ps_xp.xml]
[12/18/2023 6:00:38 PM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 1.4362156 - Star Trek Adventures 2d20
[12/18/2023 6:00:38 PM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 0 - 0
[12/18/2023 6:00:38 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 0.2396391 - 40
[12/18/2023 6:00:38 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 0.0239266
[12/18/2023 6:00:38 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.0015788
[12/18/2023 6:00:38 PM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.0245298
[12/18/2023 6:00:38 PM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 0.0500352
[12/18/2023 6:00:38 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 1.983887
[12/18/2023 6:00:40 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..rek Adventures 2d20:..pts/manager_ps2.lua"]:7: attempt to index global 'PartyXPManager' (a nil value)
[12/18/2023 6:00:40 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..rek Adventures 2d20:..ata_desktop_sta.lua"]:19: attempt to call field 'setWindowMenuIconColor' (a nil value)
[12/18/2023 6:00:40 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.2323129 - Star Trek Adventures Core Rulebook
[12/18/2023 6:00:40 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0025315 - UNOFFICIAL Discovery Campaign and Characters

Edit: A whole bunch of other errors popped up when I opened a charcater sheet, but it at least visually looks fine.

superteddy57
December 19th, 2023, 02:04
The errors presented look like an issue with your CoreRPG as the existing asset is a CoreRPG control. I would suggest attempting to delete the CoreRPG.pak file in your rulesets folder and then doing another forced update to download a new copy.

Moon Wizard
December 19th, 2023, 04:38
Also, make sure you do not have any subfolders within your FG data folder under the rulesets subfolder. Any unpacked rulesets will override installed rulesets.

Regards,
JPG

Felderburg
December 19th, 2023, 05:44
Also, make sure you do not have any subfolders within your FG data folder under the rulesets subfolder. Any unpacked rulesets will override installed rulesets.

Regards,
JPG

That was probably it; I unpacked the CoreRPG pak a while ago, but it didn't give me any issues at the time. Deleting the unzipped folder fixed the issue. (Edit: I also checked for updates again after doing so.)

Felderburg
December 21st, 2023, 02:27
I am now getting an error when I try to add weapons of any type to any ship.

[12/20/2023 7:25:43 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..rek Adventures 2d20:..anager_charship.lua"]:656: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Edit: I don't think this is related to my above issue, because everything seems to load properly, and I double checked and still get the error with an older db copy.

superteddy57
December 21st, 2023, 03:24
That should no longer be available as the system got revamped. Doesn't look like the new system was pushed LIVE before the lockdown. Once the current Beta is over, an update should be pushed LIVE to fix this issue.

Felderburg
December 21st, 2023, 03:32
Where can I find announcements about when the beta/lockdown is over? It's for all CoreRPG-based items, or just STA?

superteddy57
December 21st, 2023, 04:46
It's for anything based on CoreRPG, so all of the commercial rulesets we offer. City Hall and the Laboratory channels within the forums will relay updates on it's progress.

Draykor
February 1st, 2024, 22:59
Looks like Vicious is no longer applying when effects are rolled

superteddy57
February 2nd, 2024, 02:10
I will take a look, but I remember it working and don't believe I worked in that area.

superteddy57
February 2nd, 2024, 13:35
Pushed a fix for Vicious not being processed with damage rolls.

Draykor
March 21st, 2024, 23:32
An error keeps popping up whenever movement is plotted while in first person.

Moon Wizard
March 21st, 2024, 23:44
I just pushed a quick fix for that issue that applied to all CoreRPG-based rulesets. Please run a new Check for Updates to get the latest version.

Regards,
JPG

Caratacus
April 9th, 2024, 15:15
I have just come across a minor issue. Both "Quick Study" and "First Response" talents are in the system as the same effect. The "Quick Study" should actually read "When attempting a Task that will involve an unfamiliar medical procedure, or which is to treat an unfamiliar species, ignore any Difficulty increase stemming from your unfamiliarity". Manually fixing for myself right now, but felt this should be reported.

superteddy57
April 9th, 2024, 15:40
Updated the talent and will be available with next module update.

Caratacus
April 9th, 2024, 16:17
Thanks for the quick response