PDA

View Full Version : Psionics With No Automation Help

Death Goblin
October 11th, 2022, 07:16
Hey,

I'm considering bringing psionics into my 2e game because I think it's just so dang cool. I understand that there will be no extensions or implementation of it in the engine itself, but I'm thinking of just doing it by hand anyway. I don't mean code it, I mean to just play it out of the book and to do all the math on paper / in my head. I'd still like to get the engine to do as much for me as it possibly can.

Some things I'm worried about:
1.) What is the best way to input devotions and sciences with their respective disciplines? (Treat as custom spells? Can I modify schools to put things in like psychoportation?)

2.) Whats the best way to input the devotions/sciences in the character sheet? (As spells? Maybe I can make a custom class that only gains 1st and 2nd slots. 1st will be devotions, 2nd will be sciences, maybe?)

3.) I know that there is space for the MTHAC0 and MAC in the combat options of the character sheet. How can I use that more than just looking at it for reference?

That's mainly what I'm worried about. I'm ready and willing to use the reference manual builder to put my ad&d 2e psionics pdf's in the game for purely referencial purposes.

If it's just too unruly and cumbersome, I'm contemplating just ignoring the psionicist as a class and to just allow "wild talents" of any class that can sacrifice experience points to improve their psionic stats and powers.

But yeah, are there any things I would do myself a favor learning about now before I get started?

Thank you!

celestian
October 11th, 2022, 20:37
The best I can do is point you at this.

Psion class module (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37777-Project-AD-amp-D-Core-Ruleset&p=332319&viewfull=1#post332319).

Keep in mind it's not officially supported but with it you should be able to see how to best create powers.

Death Goblin
December 20th, 2022, 06:26
This is great with the psionic spell templates, that has really been helping, thanks!

ShaneB
March 6th, 2023, 02:40
Stupid question: how do I unlock the "Psionic" spell dialog? I see that I can create the "normal" spells, but the Psion specific entries dont seem to be available....