PDA

View Full Version : LFP - Savage Worlds - Fantasy w/text based RP between sessions

Zyon
October 8th, 2022, 15:14
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a Live Session/Text-Based RP hybrid game. Read below for details

FG License: GM has Ultimate license
Game System: Savage Worlds

Time Zone: Pacific (PST)
Day of week and time: Every other Tuesday, 6:00p.m. PST
Planned start date: Campaign in progress. Roughly 8 sessions in at the point of this post.
Planned Duration: 3-5 hour sessions
Term: Long Term Campaign

Text or Voice: Voice & Text (See below)
Voice software used: Discord Voice
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?: Nope

Roleplay & Combat mix: Heavily RP focused, narratively driven game where combat is used to enhance the story. Most RP will happen in text while sessions tend to lean into combat a little more.
Number of Players in game & needed: 5 current players, looking to add 1-2 additional players

============================STORY================= ===========

The King is dead.

Killed in his sleep by a single precise strike to the heart, the former king of the Kingdom of Kortarra had passed into the next life long before any of his guard were even aware of any foul play. As of yet, no one has taken credit for the assassin's kill that has left the Kingdom of Kortarra in disarray. To make matters worse, the kings only son had perished due to illness several years ago, now leaving the kingdom without a proper heir. Now the throne of Kortarra stands empty, a few distinct factions claiming to be the rightful successors to the position.

Rebels move against strategic targets with little care for minimizing collateral damage, striking swiftly and brutally before vanishing as quickly as they appeared. Likewise, the Kortarran Military has begun to take drastic measures to uproot this rebellion that has grown in the absence of a true king, becoming more and more hostile to the peasant rabble they have sworn to protect, unsure of who among them may be rebel sympathizers or worse. Within the royal courts of Kortarra, Nobles vie for position and favor, hoping to fall within the good graces of whomever proves themselves worthy to wear the crown next. The Kingdom of Kortarra is in a state of unrest, its people waiting to see who will step forth to claim the throne as their newest monarch.

And within these troubled lands, an unlikely band of heroes come together, fated to influence the outcome of history.

============================WORLD================= ===========

The World of Grae is a homebrew, low magic, fantasy setting that is RP heavy where combat is used as a means to further the story. Grae is set to be a heavily sandbox styled game in which players decisions determine the flow and direction of the story. Within the world of Grae, players will be faced with many dilemmas of morality where the answers may not always be easily black and white. "Good" is not always right, and "Evil" is not always unreasonable. The world is filled with age old prejudices and rivalries that the players will have to come to terms with, making their stands and establishing how exactly they wish to be known by society around them.

The population of Grae is mostly comprised of humans, whose population makes up roughly 80-90% of the entire world. Beneath them, the next most populous races are the Dwarves, the Elves and the Orcs along with their respective half-races. And beneath even that a number of other common "Fantasy" races exist, albeit in a very rare dispersal around the world (Most D&D/Pathfinder races exist in Grae in some form or another, just very rare and unusual within most human societies).

Magic within Grae is very rare, with less than 1% of the worlds population having some form of magical aptitude. Arcane magics are often distrusted and as a result are highly regulated within most countries of the world, even being altogether illegal in some places. Likewise, Divine magics are equally rare and met with suspicion when practiced outside the accepted faiths of Grae's most honored and trusted patrons, once again resulting in certain "pagan" faiths becoming outright outlawed in some places.

======================OUR HYBRID SYSTEM======================

This campaign/group is a bit unique in that we are a sort of Hybrid kind of game. We use Discord voice alongside Fantasy Grounds during session, but we also use Discord Text for text based RP between sessions. In essence, we are always Roleplaying. Pretty much every day here and there. This creates a very story driven campaign where the narrative is central, character development is key and party relationships are dynamic. It also creates a very tight knit group of players. THIS IS A KEY FACTOR IN THIS GROUP. Relationships are developed here, and the plot moves forward and you will miss important details if neglected. Hate to list this as a "Requirement" for consideration into the group, but it kinda is, not necessarily implemented by me as a GM but as the group dug in, this is what it became. And quite honestly, it's super awesome.

That being said, we understand the pull of day to day life in the "real world" and it is understood that some players may not be able to participate as heavily in text RP as others based on availability. This is okay, and as long as some degree of effort to participate is shown and attention is given to "follow along" with the narrative as it plays out then that should be plenty. Ultimately, the more you put in, the more you get out. This has honestly has become our groups favorite aspect of our games and we are very excited to potentially bring more people into the circle with us.

================================================== ===========

If you are interested or have any questions about the world or our hybrid live session/text-based RP, feel free to send me a message. The best way to do so is most likely via discord as you will probably get a near immediate response that way. My discord is Zyon#2678

Eanelen
October 9th, 2022, 06:04
Hello, I tried to send you a DM in Discord, however you are unable to receive messages outside of your friend's list. My Friend invite is from Soludan.

pendrake777
October 12th, 2022, 17:46
I'm in Arizona so your game being in PST works great for me.
I was unable to find you on Discord, for some reason, but I am very interested. My Discord is pendrake777#8720.
Looking forward to hearing from you.