PDA

View Full Version : How to create map resources?

Grimbold11
October 7th, 2022, 22:29
Does anyone have a link for creating map resources? I constantly run into things I need (dead bodies, skeletons, flags, the list goes on and on..). I've crawled through a dozen or so youtube videos and even more forum posts but I haven't found a way to create/add a map resource. I'm well aware I may be using the wrong terminology in my searches but I the answer isn't so obvious. I'd appreciate anyone's insight!

Grimbold Blackhammer

Moon Wizard
October 8th, 2022, 00:16
You can just drag and drop an existing asset in the Assets window onto an existing map to add a new layer; or unlock and use the paint stamp tool to add a single layer with lots of stamps (i.e. Furnishings, Bodies, etc.).

Regards,
JPG

Grimbold11
October 8th, 2022, 06:13
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're talking about. I want to create a completely brand-new asset and add it in to a folder for use. For lack of a better term, I want to create my own map pack extension. So I whip out my drawing program and draw a corpse/skeleton/flag/whatever and I want to get those images into FGU for use. Or I'll make a complete map pack extension and then retire from all the money people will undoubtedly spend buying my awesome art (there may be a *wee* bit of exaggeration there). I'm looking for posts or videos of how that's done =)

Grim

Moon Wizard
October 8th, 2022, 08:07
You can add custom images to the images subfolder of the FG data folder (to make available to all campaigns); or the to the images subfolder of your individual campaign folder (to make available only within a specific campaign).

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
October 8th, 2022, 09:00
The first video linked here answers your question https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55797-How-do-I-in-Unity

Grimbold11
October 8th, 2022, 13:19
Cheers and thank you!!