PDA

View Full Version : My take on the Serpent Class

Stargrove
October 2nd, 2022, 17:58
Taking inspiration from the ship in Pirates of Drinax I decided to create an advanced scout vessel for my campaign.

Forge Link:
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/873/view

The deck layout was created using Campaign Cartographer with the Cosmographer add-on and the Air-Raft was created using MS Visio.

UPDATES:
2022-10-13: Posted update that now includes monthly maintenance costs.
2022-11-07: Posted update that now includes a 6 Stateroom version of the crew area. Added an elevator to the storage area right above the cargo hold. Other wall updates.

Stargrove
October 7th, 2022, 02:01
I have created a MOD for this with all the full hi-res map (with walls & doors) and ship stats. If anyone is interested in using it, let me know and I can upload it here.

esmdev
October 7th, 2022, 05:41
It looks tiny but from what I can make out it looks good. It would be nice to have in module form, you might consider uploading it to the forge for better long term visibility. Whichever you do let me know and I will update the appropriate pointed thread. :)

Pharoid
October 7th, 2022, 16:06
looks great! yes. please do. :-)

cdjensen99
October 7th, 2022, 17:14
It does look like it could belong to the Drinax empire so it would be a nice addition to any collection. Does it have LOS implemented?

Stargrove
October 8th, 2022, 02:03
Yes, I have added walls and doors. I will leave lighting to the GMs as it really depends on how they want to use the ship.

I am planning on getting a Forge account and will post the link here when I get the module online.

Some basic stats:
TL: 14
Hull: 150 Tons
Armor: 4 (Bonded Superdense)
M-Drive: 3 (Very advanced, Size Reduction, Energy Efficient)
J-Drive: 3 (Very Advanced, Size Reduction *2)
Cargo: 18t
Pressurized Air Raft
Weapons: Popup Triple Turret

Lots of other goodies:
Repair Drones
Probe Drones
Med bay
Workshop
5 staterooms
Common Area
Storage Areas
Awesome Software Suite

Stargrove
October 8th, 2022, 16:46
I have the module on the forge awaiting approval. I am also adding the enclosed air raft that I created to the module since it is on the ship. It is in a different art style (it was drawn in MS Visio) than the ship itself because I am still learning how to use CC+Cosmographer...this was the first ship I ever created on the computer. CC is not necessarily hard to use it just does things differently than all the other drawing programs I have used in the past since it is based on a CAD program and is much closer to AutoCAD.

This is the Air-Raft:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54622&stc=1&d=1664728846

cdjensen99
October 8th, 2022, 19:14
That is why I use it, I am trained in AutoCAD and 3D studio max so it is easier for me to understand.

Pharoid
October 8th, 2022, 21:38
I loved messing with 3d studio max. :-) Some of my older models were created in it. If you have that then your set for 3d modelling. I have an older version of Cinema 4d which I also love. Problem with those is just cost for me. I've tried blender over the years (even before it had a decent gui) and decided to try to stick to it this time.

Stargrove
October 9th, 2022, 01:03
For 3d modeling I only have experience with Lightwave3d and then that was just hobby-level stuff. All that was self taught and I only did some basic stuff for myself.

Stargrove
October 9th, 2022, 22:54
I have updated the first post and put in the Forge link for the module.

For anyone that downloads it, please let me know if there are issues and I will get them fixed as soon as I can.

Stargrove
October 14th, 2022, 00:57
Posted update that now includes monthly maintenance costs. Should be on the Forge in a few days.

Stargrove
November 8th, 2022, 01:40
I have uploaded a new version to the Forge that should be online in a few days.

The update now includes an optional 6 Stateroom version of the crew area as my upcoming campaign will have six players and the ship had the space for it at the sacrifice of the small storage area that was around the hatch that leads to the turret.
After thinking about it a bit, I added an elevator to the storage area right above the cargo hold as NO ONE would want to lug all the ships supplies through the entire ship when they have to stock up on food stuffs.
Made some wall updates and added terrain boxes around some of the lockers that could possible be hidden behind in case there is a firefight or something.

Should be live on the forge in a few days.

Enjoy!

Stargrove
November 10th, 2022, 00:52
After a few hiccups, the proper update is live.

Stargrove
December 31st, 2023, 17:58
There is an updated version live on the Forge now. The only change was a missing graphic called elevator.png that somehow got left off and I just realized it was missing a few days ago when I opened the upper level map and it threw an error.