PDA

View Full Version : Reckless Attack effect on an NPC 5E

Roadpig921
September 26th, 2022, 21:13
I have played with multiple ways to put the Reckless Attack effect on an NPC so I don't have to track which barbarian NPC is reckless attacking or not (to grant advantage to PCs). I placed it in bonus action on the NPC character sheet, in the combat tracker beside the trait but no effect is created (like when you create this effect on a barbarian PC). I also looked on multiple videos but no clear way was found.

LordEntrails
September 26th, 2022, 21:34
Don't think you really can. Even for a PC it is very limited. See: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27314-Effects-The-Complete-Barbarian-Package

Zacchaeus
September 26th, 2022, 21:52
There's no wording that you can use to create an advantage effect on an NPC. You'd have to create the effect in the effects dialog (button top right) and when it is the NPCs turn drag that effect from the effects dialog and drop it onto the relevant targets.

Roadpig921
September 26th, 2022, 21:53
Thank you, I thought I was missing something.

Moon Wizard
September 27th, 2022, 02:59
You could make an effect that you have in your Effects window that has a duration of 1 round ("Reckless Attack; ADVATK; GRANTADVATK")
Then, just apply it when they activate on their turn.

Am I missing something specific to that ability?

Regards,
JPG

Roadpig921
September 27th, 2022, 12:53
Moon Wizard: Thank you, I was so concentrating on placing the effect on the NPC character sheet by modifying the NPC I didn't think of using the custom effects. Thanks. One custom effect was created and implemented.