PDA

View Full Version : Mutant Year Zero

damned
September 25th, 2022, 08:10
Here is the first public release.
This is a low automation ruleset.
Health has limited Automation - there is no automatic application of damage.

To make rolls you double click the Skill (will auto add in Attribute) and Gear or Attribute and Gear and then the Black Dice.
You can adjust each pool up and down with the arrows.
To Push a roll double click the Orange dice. Once you adjust your pools you can no longer push the roll.

Combat is fairly basic - determine Successes/Hits and reduce by Armore before applying.

I think thats about it.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/867/view

Ive never played the game. Im open to constructive feedback. Hope you enjoy.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/images/e4807426219bbd239d1bb29ce2fcd0b4.jpeg

damned
September 25th, 2022, 08:10
reserved

bayne7400
September 25th, 2022, 14:24
Nice work!

Nod
September 26th, 2022, 16:33
So cool to see this happen. i'm going to be using this for sure.

damned
September 27th, 2022, 03:14
Id love some feedback. Its had very limited exposure to live play.

Nod
September 29th, 2022, 04:43
i'm going to try to play with this ruleset this weekend. i'll provide some feedback after. Thanks again for building this.

sedgetone
October 2nd, 2022, 10:15
Thank you for doing this Damned, amazing work as always. I'm going through adding content from the GM screen and book and there are a lot D6 based tables. Can we have a stock D6 re-added to the available dice please?

sedgetone
October 2nd, 2022, 10:52
Oh and another little request regarding Items. Could we have Range added as a drop down list with the following entries as per page 82 of the core book:

* Arm's Length
* Near
* Short
* Long
* Distant

Vehicles need a tweak too, can we have the stats as per page 199 of the core book too please?

* Bonus
* Armour
* Resilience
* Occupants

Thank you!

damned
October 2nd, 2022, 15:35
Thank you for doing this Damned, amazing work as always. I'm going through adding content from the GM screen and book and there are a lot D6 based tables. Can we have a stock D6 re-added to the available dice please?

Done. That was unintentional.

damned
October 2nd, 2022, 15:36
Oh and another little request regarding Items. Could we have Range added as a drop down list with the following entries as per page 82 of the core book:

* Arm's Length
* Near
* Short
* Long
* Distant

Vehicles need a tweak too, can we have the stats as per page 199 of the core book too please?

* Bonus
* Armour
* Resilience
* Occupants

Thank you!

Where should this drop down be please?
I can add stats but I have not yet learned how to make vehicles combat ready...

sedgetone
October 2nd, 2022, 17:07
Where should this drop down be please?
I can add stats but I have not yet learned how to make vehicles combat ready...

Could the drop down be added to the top of a weapon item type. Thank you for re-adding the d6. Just having the stat fields on the vehicles would be good enough for the moment.

sedgetone
October 2nd, 2022, 21:35
With the D6 re-added - big thank you - could you add D66 and D666 to the custom dice options on it please as they're mentioned on page 11 of the core book? The D666 is needed for the Artefact and Scrap tables, while the D66 is used on lots of the Zone creation tables. So glad you've brought the ruleset to FGU, I bought it for Foundry and have hated running it on there. Can't wait to get some of the content in and move our game over to FGU.

damned
October 3rd, 2022, 03:34
The d60 and d600s are already there.

try
/roll d6+d60
/roll d6+d60+d600

damned
October 3rd, 2022, 05:07
requested changes to gear/weapons and to vehicles have been made

sedgetone
October 3rd, 2022, 22:51
But if I want to add them to a D66 or D666 as the dice for a table I can’t find a way to do it. I’ve done what you’ve suggested by adding them into a chat box in a Story entry just to roll correctly on the tables. Problem comes though when you want to use Story Templates or nested tables. If the could be added on the other entries on the D6, maybe in place of d0 and d2? Thank you for the other changes.

damned
October 3rd, 2022, 23:39
Understood. Ill add them to radial menu. Might not be for a couple of days.

damned
October 4th, 2022, 11:39
You can access all the MYZ dice from:

Right Click the d6 then left or right click the Custom Dice then left or right click any of the custom dice there.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54581

sedgetone
October 12th, 2022, 22:21
Thanks you for adding the D600 and D60. For those who don't know, to make a d66, drag a d6 to an empty slot at the bottom and then drag a d60 to the same slot. Once you have the dice pool there you can drag it to dice slot on a table or sheet.

There seems to be a problem with skills listed on the character sheet. When click on the item to open it on the sheet we don't get the lower text field and the console throws errors.

Same skill opens without an issue from the Skills database.

sedgetone
October 12th, 2022, 22:21
I have an odd issue with nested tables, in this screenshot Sector Environment is the master sheet.

We roll a 62 on the Sector Environment, this triggers the following:
a, Text = Derelict Ruins
b, Roll once on the Ruins table
c, Roll once on the Threats table
d, Roll once on the Artifacts table

b, We can see in the chat that it rolls a 2 on the Ruins table, this results in a roll on the Ruins Industry table. It rolls and comes back with the text for the Swimming Pool. So that bit works as expected.

c, Next it rolls on the Threats table but this is the odd thing, it does it twice and for the life of me I don't know why.

d, Resolves the artifacts table correctly with a single roll of 7.

Any ideas as to why it's rolling twice on the Threats table?

sedgetone
February 18th, 2023, 16:41
Finally had a bit of chance to look back into this ruleset. A couple of little feature request with regards the NPC sheet, there's a few fields that are needed:

* "Know the Zone" - See page 171 note box at the top of the page. This is a modified value associated with each an NPC type. It would be good if we can drag this modifier from the field to the dice modifier.
* "Not Identified" - Could we have the ID text field implemented on the NPC sheet?

Unfortunately it looks like multi-column tables with story templates are still broken but I'll ask Jim Socks about that. Once the story template issue is fixed and the above two items are in place I think I can put together a pretty solid story template to generate zone info on the fly.

damned
February 19th, 2023, 03:29
Finally had a bit of chance to look back into this ruleset. A couple of little feature request with regards the NPC sheet, there's a few fields that are needed:

* "Know the Zone" - See page 171 note box at the top of the page. This is a modified value associated with each an NPC type. It would be good if we can drag this modifier from the field to the dice modifier.
* "Not Identified" - Could we have the ID text field implemented on the NPC sheet?

Unfortunately it looks like multi-column tables with story templates are still broken but I'll ask Jim Socks about that. Once the story template issue is fixed and the above two items are in place I think I can put together a pretty solid story template to generate zone info on the fly.

Can I make it clickable to add to modifiers rather than draggable?
I seem to have missed your previous message as well - are these things still outstanding?

sedgetone
February 19th, 2023, 07:23
Clickable works too for the modifier, thank you. Should the the ID text field be available on the sheet as I can’t see it? I did blow away all my modules and extensions and do a clean pull of them about a week ago. The tables on their own work fine.
The issue comes when running the multi-column table I’ve put together via a story template; 1 in 6 times it gets no information returned. I don’t believe it’s a data entry problem but have no way of being able to debug what’s going on, I’ve messaged Jim Socks about the template issue.

damned
February 19th, 2023, 08:51
I have an odd issue with nested tables, in this screenshot Sector Environment is the master sheet.

We roll a 62 on the Sector Environment, this triggers the following:
a, Text = Derelict Ruins
b, Roll once on the Ruins table
c, Roll once on the Threats table
d, Roll once on the Artifacts table

b, We can see in the chat that it rolls a 2 on the Ruins table, this results in a roll on the Ruins Industry table. It rolls and comes back with the text for the Swimming Pool. So that bit works as expected.

c, Next it rolls on the Threats table but this is the odd thing, it does it twice and for the life of me I don't know why.

d, Resolves the artifacts table correctly with a single roll of 7.

Any ideas as to why it's rolling twice on the Threats table?

I think this is happening because of the [brackets] in Threats Table.

sedgetone
February 19th, 2023, 09:21
Oh I blew the lot away and recreated as it was driving me nuts, I did remove those brackets a while back. I'll ping you a link to the module that shows the problem. There is just one Story Template, just run 10 times or so and you'll see the error with the generated content.

Thank you as always!

damned
February 19th, 2023, 09:55
Where/how do you roll Know the Zone?

Sorry - never played the game. Need to understand what roll uses a modifierstack?

sedgetone
February 19th, 2023, 10:39
"KNOW THE ZONE
When the PCs meet a threat in the Zone, they can roll for the Know The Zone skill tto know something about it. For every threat in the Zone, there is a modification to the roll, depends on how rare the threat is and how alien it is to the People."

The values can be positive or negative.

damned
February 19th, 2023, 11:44
That doesnt really tell me how this actually works in game.
The current rolls dont look at the modifier stack.

sedgetone
February 19th, 2023, 17:16
SKILLS - KNOW THE ZONE (WITS) The zonelands beyond the Ark’s borders are unknown wastes to most of the People. But there are some individuals – mostly Stalkers and some daring Chroniclers – who have ventured out and seen what is out there. Roll for Know the Zone when you encounter some creature or phenomenon in the Zone and want to know stuff about it. The GM will give you a modification depending on how rare it is (Chapter 13). Failure: You have no, or the wrong, idea. The GM can feed you false, or a mix of true and false, information (in this way, you will know that you have failed your roll, but not what information to trust.) Success: You know what it is, and its basic traits or effects. Stunts: For every extra / you roll, you get the answer to one of these questions about the creature or phenomenon:

How can it hurt me?
How can I hurt it?

----

When the players enter a new zone and I roll what they're going to encounter. If it's a creature/mutant type they've not encountered before I'll let them check this skill to see if they have any insight about it. Likewise when I describe a building or piece of tech they stumble across, do any of them know what an airport or a shopping mall is?

damned
February 19th, 2023, 20:00
So if it is rolling using the MYZ dice then I think they have to manually adjust the dice using the arrows.
The number is displayed in CT now.

spoofer
February 20th, 2023, 22:02
I have not played MYZ, but I have played three other Year Zero games. In the other games, that number is a modifier to the number of dice you roll.

damned
February 20th, 2023, 22:03
To which dice - there are three different dice in MYZ.

carlRondoni
April 29th, 2023, 07:37
Hey! Nice work here and thay you so much for let me notice regarding this ruleset :)