PDA

View Full Version : New guy, and intrested

JoachimV
November 17th, 2007, 18:23
Hey,

I'm new to this kind of game, so i was wondering if anyone was willing to show me how to play this. A friend and me have been trying to figure it out on our own but lets just say its not really working.

Were both playing the demo version for now seeing we dont want to spend money on something we dont know how to use.

So i was wondering if someone was willing to show me the ropes, so i can tell and show my friend when he gets back. And if we both really like it we might just purchase, because this does look like fun.

Thanks in advance.

(If this is in the wrong section go ahead and move it, didnt quite know where to put it.)

Griogre
November 17th, 2007, 18:54
Just we are clear, Fantasy Grounds itself is not a game. It allows you to play roleplaying games, which are traditionally played with a small group of people in the same room, over the Internet being in the same room.

Fantasy Grounds comes with a default d20 ruleset which is like a cheat sheet for the roleplaying game rules for Dungeons & Dragons version 3.5. If you don't know the D&D rules then you should buy a D&D 3.5 Player's Handbook.

Aside from D&D there are many other roleplaying games (RPGs) from every other gendre you can imagine, however D&D and its d20 subset have by far the biggest sales of RPGs.

What Fantasy Grounds does is allow people over the Internet do the same things they would do in a normal face to face game as if they are in the same room. They can roll dice, move figures around on a battle map, draw out a tactical situation on the battle map, and record and change character information. Basically FG is a utility to allow you to play role playing games on the Intenet. It itself doesn't do anything.

Many people running low level beginning games do not mine having new players, however if you do have a specific game you wish to play you should make an effort to learn the rules by getting the game's basic rulebook.