PDA

View Full Version : More problems with Pathfinder1st Ed Naval Ship Combat Feature after update

Delthos
September 12th, 2022, 06:17
A while back one of the FG updates broke things using the Pathfinder 1st Ed Naval Combat feature. The problem was quickly fixed when i posted about it. Well I updated my FG Unity today Sunday Sep 11th to the most recent version. After doing so I'm having problems which makes my game so annoying it's nearly unusable while the Naval Ship Combat feature is enabled.

For starters it looks like the ship formatting for creatures in the combat is partially applied to every creature/PC in the combat tracker. This makes the formatting in the combat tracker a mess.

When this is in place, I can't remove anything from the combat tracker unless it is an NPC and they've taken enough damage to kill them. In that case the trash icon shows up and it lets me remove them. However PCs and NPCs who aren't dead are unable to be removed. Right clicking on them doesn't give the normal delete options.

When ever I try to take an action or work with things in the combat tracker, or when I do pretty anything to PCs or NPCs, the FG error window opens with a big string of errors.

I don't play with any unofficial extensions, but I do use the FG Wood theme and Pathfinder - Official theme as well as the Pathfinder Naval combat Feature. The issue goes away when I stop using the Pathfinder Naval Combat feature.

This is a picture of my combat tracker with four PCs and one NPC cohort, who isn't using the Naval Ship Combat rules. I did have a ship in the combat tracker, so I removed it to rule it out as a problem, but it didn't help.

I've attached an image of my combat tracker and my logs.

ddavison
September 12th, 2022, 16:32
Hello Delthos,

Can you tell me what the name of the extension is for the Naval Ship Combat and do you recall which product that came with? My guess would be something built by one of our contract developers for Skull & Shackles, but I want to make sure first.

Moon Wizard
September 12th, 2022, 16:50
I'm looking at this now. I'll see what I can do this week.

Regards,
JPG

Delthos
September 12th, 2022, 17:55
Hello Delthos,

Can you tell me what the name of the extension is for the Naval Ship Combat and do you recall which product that came with? My guess would be something built by one of our contract developers for Skull & Shackles, but I want to make sure first.

I'm guessing it was part of the Skull & Shackles campaign as the Naval Ship Combat features prominently in it. I've got a lot of modules now so I'm not sure which it is. I'm not at my home computer right now so I can't get the exact name of it, but it is an option on the Load Campaign screen once I click on my campaign.

I see that Moon Wizard has responded though and I'm guessing he knows what it is. I believe he is the one who took care of it last time.

Moon Wizard
September 12th, 2022, 20:38
I just pushed a hot fix for that extension. Can you run a new Check for Updates, and give it another try?

Thanks,
JPG

Delthos
September 12th, 2022, 22:06
I just pushed a hot fix for that extension. Can you run a new Check for Updates, and give it another try?

Thanks,
JPG

Thanks. I just installed the fix and it appears to have fixed the issue. I'm not longer getting the errors and no longer have the messed up Combat Tracker elements.