PDA

View Full Version : One player cannot find my game in the cloud, others can

PerfectConsumer
September 10th, 2022, 01:02
I have a big game tomorrow and I tried to have everyone connect the night before, and it seems one of the players is having difficulty finding my campaign. He tried searching by my Forum name (which is my GM name) and he said it showed up once after I restarted (but was no longer on.) Any ideas? He reinstalled FGU - in fact we're all in IT so probably not an obvious technical issue like Windows updates or something like that. The other two players got on just fine. He even tried two devices and two different networks. I am not behinds a VPN either.

Anybody have any ideas?

Moon Wizard
September 10th, 2022, 01:08
If the other players connected to your machine without issue, then it is most likely an issue on their machine or network.

Can your player see any games on the lobby? If not, then something is probably preventing them from accessing the SmiteWorks lobby server, and may cause problems during the later connection to your machine.

The first thing to always check is to make sure that FantasyGrounds.exe is explicitly allowed by Windows Firewall, and is not being blocked by any other security software on the machine. Additional troubleshooting suggestions can be found in this article:
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/1981349889/Network+Troubleshooting

Regards,
JPG