PDA

View Full Version : New Forgotten Realms campaign

Patrelcus
November 16th, 2007, 01:49
UPDATED 2.0!!!

Hi, people. I'm recruting players for my next campaign. I'm a experienced player and DM for over 10 years now, and pretty familiar about FG II.

First of all I must explain that the campaign is already running, we got 4 players and i would like to keep it this way. Larger parties work fine on real tabletop but, by my experience, do not work so good on FG. As I am with a good availability, I decided to open a second campaign, that will be played on Tuesdays.

The Campaign:

At first, I'm thinking about a second FR campaign, because most of the new players applied thinking about joining that which is already on. However, I would like to call a vote here, because I also have some other campaigns in mind and ask that you consider playing another systems/settings.

CHOSEN OPTION:

Option 1: Forgotten Realms campaign (d20)

The good thing about this campaign is that most of players already know deeply about FR setting. IMHO it is the best setting of D&D. For this option I will accept all Core and Supplemental books and all Forgotten Realms books, with the following exceptions:

- Evil alignment will not be allowed, and all classes related to or that have Evil as requisite.
- Psionics will not be allowed
- Classes and races from other settings will not be allowed. (Dragonlance, Eberron, etc.)
- Tome of Magic, Magic of Incarnum, and all books that add a lot of game machanics/rules will not be allowed, (for I have not the time to learn all this new stuff), the only exception for this is the Book of Nine Swords. That book IS ALLOWED, for I am pretty familiar with it already.

Character creation: PCs start at 2nd lvl, and for generating stats must choose one of two methods:

Roll: Roll 4d6, drop the lowest and reroll 1s. Stats are chosen independently of the roll order. If the stats are lower than those that would be generated in a 25 point buy method, then all stats are rerolled. All rolls must be witnessed by the GM.

Point Buy: 28 point buy method. Minimum stat: 8

Starting Gold: That of a 1st lvl character of your class.

The Forgotten Realms campaign will be a mix of 50% combat and 50% roleplaying.

Option 2: Call of Cthulhu campaign (d20 modern)

I have the custom ruleset for d20 modern, and the Nocturnum pre-made adventure, which is IMHO one of the best I have seen about the Mythos.

Characters will start at 4th lvl, and will ude the 32 point buy method for generating stats.

The Call of Cthulhu campaign will be mostly roleplaying (80%)

Option 3: Legend of the Five Rings (L5R/Alderac system)

IMHO The best setting and RPG system ever created. Based on feudal Japan, but with a lot more of fantasy background. Journey to the land of Rokugan and play with a Samurai, sworn to give his life for the sake of your lord; a Shugenja, master of the mystic arts and comander of the elements; a Ronin, a bushi (fighter) with no allegiance; a Courtier, skilled at the social arts, who manipulates the future of the Empire using only subtle conversations; or even a Ninja, the worker in the night, assassin and executor of dark and misterious plans. Thats all a small hint of what the setting offers.

The Legend of the Five Rings campaign will be 40% combat and 60% roleplaying.

IMPORTANT: Whichever its the chosen one, the game session will take place on TUESDAYS, at 7 PM EST (GMT -5).

Given the 3 options, I would like that the players who want to join, post your reply here, saying: which one is your choice and if you would apply for the others in the possibility that your choice is not the winning one.

My contacts:

MSN- [email protected]
Yahoo - patrelcus (screen name)
AIM - Patrelcus (screen name)
ICQ - 431702329

I apologize for any typos and mispellings, for I am not an English language native.

Thanks,
Patrick

P.S. Those players who would be interested in the other two options, please let me know.

kloucks
November 25th, 2007, 16:20
Dear Patrelcus,

My name is Kevin and I have been playing D&D and (other RPGs) since 1985. I have mostly played (and DM’d) in the worlds of Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance. My experience is mostly in the earlier editions of D&D including AD&D 1st edition, D&D 2nd edition, though I do own the D&D 3.5ed Players Handbook which I used for a brief Darksun campaign. My preferred classes are Rogue and Ranger though I can play a very good Druid or Wizard if it helps the party and campaign.

Please let me know which class (or classes) would be most appropriate for your campaign. Also, will your campaign take place on the continent of Faerûn and if so, in which area will the campaign initially be set in Waterdeep, Shadowdale, Anauroch, Mooshae Isles, Sword Coarst, Etc...)?

By the way, 7:00 PM (GMT-3) on Tuesdays or Thursdays is good for me.
Best regards,

Kevin

NymTevlyn
November 26th, 2007, 04:53
I can play on Tuesdays, maybe Thursdays depending on how late it runs. Is the PHB II considered core for you?

Patrelcus
November 28th, 2007, 21:31
Look at my first post in this THREAD. Its UPDATED!!!!

Rave
November 28th, 2007, 23:18
Hi, I would be very interested in the Forgotten Realms campaign. I'm new to roleplaying, D&D and FG, but I know more about D&D than the other two systems (I played two sessions with John_Geeshu a few months ago).

I would be willing to go for the third option but I might be slow to pick it up... Will you let a newbie in your group?

azhrei331
November 29th, 2007, 00:27
i'm in for any of the three, though my preference would steer toward #1 or #3. despite being a fan of CoC, i have difficulties stomaching a Mythos game run in the d20 system. i feel Great Cthulhu turning over in my dreams when i think about it....

whatever the tuesday action, sign me up!

penlin
November 29th, 2007, 03:03
Tuesdays, 7 PM EST works fine for me. I have a strong preference for the FR campaign. I am definitely not interested in the Cthulu option. For the L5R campaign, I would be willing to look at some source material and see if it interests me, but I'm not too excited about learning another rule system right now.

Patrelcus
November 29th, 2007, 03:38
Ok, so we got penlin, azhrei331, Rave, kloucks, amd NymTevlyn aboard. I will send you invitations from the Calendar.

Welcome to the Forgotten Realms!

NymTevlyn
November 29th, 2007, 08:29
I'd rather play the FR option myself, but I am quite versed in L5R lore as well.

penlin
November 29th, 2007, 11:54
FYI, I have listed my character on the calendar as "Wizard 1 / Fighter 1", but this is just a starting point for planning and I'm very flexible. If it overlaps too much with your plans, let me know, and I will be happy to modify.

Patrelcus
November 29th, 2007, 15:53
Hi people!

Those players who already accept their invitations, please make all posts related to the campaign in the Calendar.

Thanks!
Patrick

Darkfire63645
November 30th, 2007, 23:47
I would like to join your forgotten relms campaign. I usaully play as a sorcerer and also I am Travis's younger brother.

l1wolf
December 2nd, 2007, 05:29
How long would your game sessions run? Also do you have any spaces left?

Patrelcus
December 2nd, 2007, 06:02
At most, three hours, and I do have open slots! :D

traidian
December 2nd, 2007, 17:24
I'd love to join if there is any available room. I can play a rogue, cleric, pretty much whatever. Let me know when and where!

Look forward to it.

Traidian

Garignak
December 6th, 2007, 21:16
I too would love to join this campaign. I own most of the FR books with some exceptions and am open to playing whatever class the group needs *cough fighter cough* lol. But yeah I'll play anything. :)

ithildur
December 7th, 2007, 18:08
If there is room I am keenly interested in a FR campaign especially with an experienced DM; I currently play in excellent FG2 campaigns but only one of them is FR and it's every other week (John Geeshu's Undermountain2).

Unfortunately I have no familiarity or interest in the other two options.

mojo1975
December 8th, 2007, 07:33
If you need another, I am new and would love to learn at the same time as my character.

Malken
December 10th, 2007, 04:07
If there is room for another one, and if you're running FR campaign, I would be interested. Most evenings are good for me, with the exception of fridays and some sundays. Email me, or Ill try to get a hold of you on MSN.