PDA

View Full Version : Toll the Dead - options to ring for attention with chat activity!

anathemort
September 4th, 2022, 02:32
Introducing Toll the Dead, an extension to draw your attention to the chatbox by making a bell noise. You have the option to turn this off in your client settings, notify on GM activity only, or notify when anyone puts a message in the chatbox.

Inspired by esmdev and Lo Zeno and their particular accessibility requirements (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?74994-Ding-on-chat)!

You can find the extension on the Forge, here:
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/826/view

Toll the Dead (https://gitlab.com/anathemort/FGTollTheDead) is part of the Fantasy Grounds Unofficial Developers Guild (https://gitlab.com/fantasy-grounds-unofficial-developers-guild). Please use GitLab or this thread for reporting any issues, thanks!

esmdev
September 5th, 2022, 22:12
Hi. We played quite a bit this weekend and there was a general consensus that you've greatly improved our game, so thanks again.

One thing we wondered if is it possible to ding only on chat msg and not die rolls and various combat messages. I'd be happy to type /bell in front of a message or something like that if it would help. I'm not familiar with the message system so don't know what can and can't be done. Even if nothing it already helps a lot.

Edit: meant to say various combat messages

anathemort
September 6th, 2022, 16:11
Toll the Dead has been updated to version 1.1.0:
* Removed ruleset restrictions (this extension is designed for all CoreRPG rulesets)
* Ding only on chat messages (not secret or system messages like dice rolls)

esmdev
September 6th, 2022, 17:58
Toll the Dead has been updated to version 1.1.0:
* Removed ruleset restrictions (this extension is designed for all CoreRPG rulesets)
* Ding only on chat messages (not secret or system messages like dice rolls)

Awesomesauce! :)

esmdev
September 7th, 2022, 21:16
Hi. I did a local test this morning.

It does not appear to ring on most chat messages (just chat, /ooc, /emote) but it does ring on /action. I meant to check if it rings on dragging narration text from story, but forgot and am away from system now.

anathemort
September 8th, 2022, 02:09
Hi. I did a local test this morning.

It does not appear to ring on most chat messages (just chat, /ooc, /emote) but it does ring on /action. I meant to check if it rings on dragging narration text from story, but forgot and am away from system now.

Thanks for the testing! I was not aware of the /action type :) I take it you don't want it to ring on that, but to make sure it does ring on story text drops?

esmdev
September 8th, 2022, 04:01
The /action ring is working correctly, the others types of chat, including just entering something and hitting enter, are not ringing at all.

Story drop should ring, didn't check if it did while I was at system.

anathemort
September 8th, 2022, 05:36
The /action ring is working correctly, the others types of chat, including just entering something and hitting enter, are not ringing at all.

Story drop should ring, didn't check if it did while I was at system.

Oh, bummer! Can you tell me, what ruleset are you playing with? I'll see if that makes a difference and get it patched regardless!

esmdev
September 8th, 2022, 05:49
Currently playing Pathfinder 2.

esmdev
September 8th, 2022, 05:57
Incidentally I did check with and without extensions/themes but got same result with brand new campaign with only toll loaded. Hope that helps.

esmdev
September 9th, 2022, 17:16
Okay, so I was just using the local console when I tested earlier, but this morning was able to test with one of my players. They can hear the bell on all the appropriate chat channels, I guess it isn't ringing back to the console, which is fine, it just made me 'think' it wasn't ringing. So it IS working, sorry for the confusion...

anathemort
September 9th, 2022, 18:05
Ahh, that would do it! Originally I hadn't checked for self messages but when I cleaned it up I figured you didn't need to be dinged for your own messages :)

esmdev
September 9th, 2022, 18:17
Ahh, that would do it! Originally I hadn't checked for self messages but when I cleaned it up I figured you didn't need to be dinged for your own messages :)

Yeah, the version before dinged everyone so figured I could just test on console. Works great. :)

anstett
September 10th, 2022, 02:56
Having an error with this in session tonight.

I as the DM hear it but none of my players are hearing when I enter things into chat.

2E ruleset, all the latest updates as of this morning.

Thanks,

BOB

anathemort
September 10th, 2022, 03:31
Hey there, it sounds like your players don't have the option turned on. It is per user, per client, so those that are interested need to turn it on for themselves.

Can you have them check and try again?

anstett
September 10th, 2022, 14:08
AHH, I did not do that part of the troubleshooting. Sorry will test that and report back if there is still an issue.

Thanks,

BOB