PDA

View Full Version : LOS seeing partly through doors

Morenu
August 30th, 2022, 00:06
we are encountering many doors that allow a little bit of sight when closed. the 2 pictures attached show PC screen and the other shows the door and wall lines. DM says he has zoomed in and the lines touch.

any thoughts?

Zacchaeus
August 30th, 2022, 00:52
Both sides of the door should be attached to the walls, only one is in your screenshot. I also don’t understand why the crooked lines do not have an intersecting point. Are the wall occluders on a different layer to the door occluders?

Morenu
August 30th, 2022, 01:01
ok so I just realized this is a map from Dungeon Alchemist and the LOS was automated, so would you know how I should state this correctly when I send it to them? first off even on their slightly isometric views, all 4 points of the door lines should intersect with the wall lines (and be on the same layer)?

Zarestia
August 30th, 2022, 01:39
ok so I just realized this is a map from Dungeon Alchemist and the LOS was automated, so would you know how I should state this correctly when I send it to them? first off even on their slightly isometric views, all 4 points of the door lines should intersect with the wall lines (and be on the same layer)?

Yes, doors need 4 intersecting vertices with walls for normally the best/intended result.

GunnarGreybeard
August 30th, 2022, 02:44
I have been using Dungeon Alchemist quite a bit and as a GM, I would highly recommend for Fantasy Grounds, that the map exports be in the Orthographic (top-down) format. While the limited perspective (3D walls) format looks pretty, the farther you get away from the center of the map the more the angles change in the image. This can distort the image enough so that it can throw off the auto-generated occludes. Even manually adding them, you need to make sure the connections are properly completed and that may not match the image (because of the distortion in the image export). Anyway, that's just my 2 cents of experience from using Dungeon Alchemist for my FGU maps.

Morenu
August 30th, 2022, 02:53
I have been using Dungeon Alchemist quite a bit and as a GM, I would highly recommend for Fantasy Grounds, that the map exports be in the Orthographic (top-down) format. While the limited perspective (3D walls) format looks pretty, the farther you get away from the center of the map the more the angles change in the image. This can distort the image enough so that it can throw off the auto-generated occludes. Even manually adding them, you need to make sure the connections are properly completed and that may not match the image (because of the distortion in the image export). Anyway, that's just my 2 cents of experience from using Dungeon Alchemist for my FGU maps.

My DM agrees but unfortunately this level was done a while ago and its already pinned so it may be a moot point. The next level is all top down. I will have him see if the door corners are linked or not